It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"[I Worked] Every Rotten Job There Was" = John Boehner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Speaking of elitists being out of touch... this is your guy that you thought was going to stand up against the "evil" Obama. He trivializes your real jobs by claiming he's worked every rotten job there was. Count me highly skeptical. Did he ever work at Mickey D's flipping burgers? No. Did he ever need to work the graveyard shift at the EZ Mart and throw drunk people out onto the street while attending college classes during the day and not sleeping. NO. (though he "claims" to have had to take some night shifts which is unsubstantiated) Was he a mother working in a cabbage field picking cabbage 10 hours a day? Don't think so.

This is your guy, who gets choked up and claims he has worked every rotten job there was. This big time congressional guy is patronizing you. He thinks you're too slow to see through his fake tears of toiling away for his cush position.

John Boehner Speech

Start around 6:15 mark

John Boehner's jobs:

Working for his Dad's tavern.
He poured his heart and soul into his own business. (cry)
Unnamed jobs that he claims he worked at night.
Worked in Sales for a packaging business
Was President of packaging business
Distributed Campaign contributions from the tobacco lobby
Has been a Congressman

Please add other jobs you have found that he has done. That's all I came up with so far.
What am I saying? I'm saying he's phony. I'm saying he is one of the elitists.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Of course he is a phony. He is an American politician. They are all as phony as it comes.

Let's hear it for the Duke of Orange though. I mean -- who else would have the guts to dye their skin that color after labor day?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'd recommend doing some actual research on the guys background. He was one of 12 children, and grew up in a two-bedroom house. He wasn't some rich kid living in a mansion growing up.

The future Congressman started work as a janitor and took seven years to get his degree – the first in the family to do so – because he had several jobs to pay his way. He joined a plastics and packaging company, rising to president before entering local politics by being elected to the town board.

Source

Born John Andrew Boehner in 1949, he was one of 12 brothers and sisters in Reading, Ohio.

"We always had enough people to play a baseball game," said Boehner's brother Bob Boehner.

The family lived in a two-bedroom house in Cincinnati. Boehner's parents, Earl and Maryann Boehner, slept on a pull-out couch.

"You had to learn how to compromise because you only had one bathroom," Bob Boehner said.

When he was 8 years old, Boehner started working in the family bar. His sister, Linda Meineke, still works there.

Source

And yeah, working as a janitor is a rotten job and so is working in a bar at 8 years old.
edit on 11/4/2010 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know. Working in the Senate probably *IS* the most rotten of jobs there ever was.

Even if the position of Senator paid $100 million a year I wouldn't sign-up for that gig, thank you very much. You can say I have low expectations, but I'd much rather eek an honest living living paycheck to paycheck than swim with the sharks on a daily basis and live a lie while taking money from lobbyists with one hand and greasing palms or bribing with the other.

However, I totally concur, he's not an every man. He's a politician. That's basically a Used Car Salesman for the Mafia with a better suit and job title.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Has been a Congressman

To be honest with you, my friend, that right there is a pretty rotten freakin' job.

Obligatory second line.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Whatever rotten jobs he did it certainly built up his guns so he could carry and hand out heavy loads of tobacco lobbyist checks on the house floor. Stay classy.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have had a number of close friends that grew up in condition much like described that Boehner was raised in... All of them have been capable of avoiding becoming a criminal and have honest jobs.... I worked in my fathers business when I was 8 years old have have fond memories of doing so..... What was the fake display of emotion for? I thought that was a very inappropriate thing to do even if it was real.... We don't need that kind of person in any kind of position of authority or decision making process of this country...... When a Democrat has shown an emotional side of their personality it makes national headlines and criticism for weeks.... Obama is being criticized for not being emotionally demonstrative, I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I retract my previous statement..... carry on nothing to see here

second line because there needs to be one in this space here
edit on 11/4/2010 by SpaDe_ because: brain keyboard filter failed.........

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Boehner has been in the house of representatives for nineteen years.... That makes him a career criminal that needs to be voted out of office or retire and let someone with less experience at being a crook have a shot at his seat.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I think you are taking what he said in that Speech Out of context . He came from a Blue Collar Family , and from Hard Work and a Belief in the " American Dream " , he became the second Most Powerful Man in the U.S. Goverment Right now . What's your Problem with that , Jealousy ? .........

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Attempting to judge this man based on how he was brought up is really pretty funny. I am sure he has had real jobs in his life time. I am sure, once upon a time he worked just like I do. As another poster pointed out, he has been in the house for 19 years. That is almost 2 decades. Do you still think the same as you did 2 decades ago?

Every person in the world has a story. We all came from some place. That has nothing to do with politics, but Americans love a good story. Especially a rags to riches type of story. Again, none of it has anything to do with politics. Look at his voting record and judge him for that. Not from where he comes from.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He has had to talk to me a couple times. Some say that is pretty rough.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This guy's the biggest lying hypocrite in the Republican Party. And that's saying something. I was lucky enough to have been able to vote against him last election .. sadly, he doesn't even have to campaign (and in fact I don't think he did much) .. they just vote him in by an obscene majority every time.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

I think you are taking what he said in that Speech Out of context . He came from a Blue Collar Family , and from Hard Work and a Belief in the " American Dream " , he became the second Most Powerful Man in the U.S. Goverment Right now . What's your Problem with that , Jealousy ? .........

No, I'm ok with who I am and where I'm at. I'm not jealous. Yes, he came from a blue collar family, but that doesn't make his display any less fake or his crying over a hard life (which he did not have) any less ridiculous.

The man is disingenuous, unrepresentative and dishonest.

He did not work every rotten job there was. I haven't heard one rotten job that he did actually. Yes he worked, but come on, president of a company, owned his own business, 19years in the house. He's not the hard luck story he just cried about. That is just vomit-inducing particularly for people that have actually had difficult lives.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I didn't bring up where he came from as being some sob story, he did. I just pointed out that he was being disingenuous.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Then let me point this out.

IMO this is just another smear thread by some that are very poor losers.

And if this is the "worst" you can find to smear this guy with, I'd say he's in pretty good - no great - shape.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What gets me is if a Republican says and can prove he grew up in a poor to middle class family, he/she gets put down as a fake, and only out for him/her self.

But if a Democrat is known to have been raised with family money, yachting lessons, private schools and Ivy League colleges, he/she gets called a genuinely truthful person, and will give all of themselves because they know the people.

Give me a break people. Partisanship can only get you so far in life. Do you think Harry Reid has ever picked cabbage 10 hours a day? Do you think Barney Frank ever cleaned out the deep fryer at McD's? Do you think Nancy Pelosi ever slept under a bridge, and begged for dimes at intersections during red lights?

Get real for once.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

" I didn't bring up where he came from as being some sob story, he did. I just pointed out that he was being disingenuous. "

How do you know for Sure that he was being that ? Is it Hard to Believe that he just had a Moment of Reflecting on his Life and where it has now led him ? Me Thinks Thou Protest to Much Sir ........

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
How absolutely true!

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
What gets me is if a Republican says and can prove he grew up in a poor to middle class family, he/she gets put down as a fake, and only out for him/her self.

Such as Clarence Thomas - born black and poor - "Clarence Thomas was born in 1948 in Pin Point, Georgia, a small, predominantly black community founded by freedmen after the American Civil War. When he was a child, the town lacked a sewage system and paved roads."

But if a Democrat is known to have been raised with family money, yachting lessons, private schools and Ivy League colleges, he/she gets called a genuinely truthful person, and will give all of themselves because they know the people.

John Kerry and the Kennedys to name just a few.

Give me a break people. Partisanship can only get you so far in life. Do you think Harry Reid has ever picked cabbage 10 hours a day? Do you think Barney Frank ever cleaned out the deep fryer at McD's? Do you think Nancy Pelosi ever slept under a bridge, and begged for dimes at intersections during red lights?

Get real for once.

Harry Reid lives in a million dollar condo in Washington DC after making over a million on some sweetheart land deals. Barney Frank is very tight and making sweetheat deals with bankers, Pelosi probably actually earned hers shaking other people down - closest any of these could come to earning an "honest" living.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The thing is that every cotton picking one of these guys that have been in office, taking money from corporations and PACs that benefit a minority of ultra rich all need to be prosecuted as criminals along with the corrupting bastards that grease their palms irregardless of party affiliation.... The crying over having grown up in a family like many millions of people his age did sounds like a defense argument that some street thug's lawyer would use in court to justify a criminal act..... Maybe that same act can be used by others like him when the time comes that the people of this country get around to waking up.

new topics

top topics

join