It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Green Movement Got Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just posted this in "television" but i believe that it should be put in here? or even conspiracy! Channel 4 is broadcasting right now a documentary telling the nation that Nuclear fuel is good, Chernobyl, not many people died and no one is in danger of nuclear fuel. Also other subjects like GM food, giving their support for it.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about this?

Check out the link here, I still need to watch the Documentary so i will try to keep my opinion to myself until i have watched it! although i cant help but say propaganda!!!! but hey I need to watch the docu first.

Anyone out there watching it?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Does the environmental movement still speak for the environment? Or are the greens in danger of being left behind, trapped in their own ideological fortress, as the world outside changes rapidly? These are the questions asked by a provocative new Channel 4 documentary, What the Green Movement Got Wrong, to be screened on Thursday evening. But before the programme even airs, it is mired in controversy – with environmentalists in the major campaign groups already crying foul before most of them have even seen what the documentary contains."

edit on 4-11-2010 by misuneko because: add a quote

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by misuneko

I didn't see the video but I will take a shot at it....

A lot of stuff on TV is brought to you by the people, well, who brought it to you. Whatever sells commercial time is what gets put on. Whatever can be produced by someone else (read: no cost to you) and still sell commercial time is even better. So if the industry subsidizes a program which amounts to a commercial masquerading as fact, what does the network care? Controversy is a free commercial for selling more commercials.

As far as the Green Movement in reality? It sounds like multiple organizations and efforts are being lumped together and portrayed as the antagonist to what must "obviously" be the good of the people. These poor power and agriculture multinationals, who are barley hanging on financially, are merely doing their best to help out the average citizen make it through the day. How dare that darn Green Movement stand in the way! Nuclear cabbage is good for you!

Ok so there was a little sarcasm but you get my point. Trapped in their own ideological fortress? Wow, that's a good one. I need to remember that one.

join