It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange intends to seek asylum in Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Julian Assange intends to seek asylum in Switzerland

www.tsr.ch

The activist noted that unlike the United States, other countries, like Britain and Denmark, have announced their intention to investigate the revelations made by WikiLeaks. "It is in the interest of the United States to conduct investigations," he said. He noted that many organizations for human rights, such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, shared his opinion.

He hoped that during consideration by the Council, the United States will have the opportunity to show their willingnes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The link just came over Twitter -- and probably someone else is also posting this right now but I decided to try and post it anyway in just in case.

The story also includes video. I wonder if Sweden wanted to block Assange from gaining residency until after the dump, just in case. Maybe he isn't such a political hot-potato right now -- since he clearly isn't trying to get people killed?

www.tsr.ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Well with the way the FSB responded to wikileaks, I'd be very concerned if I were him.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
great! makes him seem more connected.. I mean switz has what... Bankers.. what else? Seems shady. I get that they are neutral, but does that apply in this case?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Assange sounds to me like a typical megalomaniac with a persecution complex. Happens a lot with smart people who can't find a useful and productive output for their energies.

The sad part is that he actually thinks that he's hiding. Seriously? You're meeting with a NYT reporter, and you're traipsing about with an entourage that includes a f**king camera crew!

If the US (or any other government) wanted Assange dead, he would be. But, as the old saying goes, the juice ain't worth the squeeze. It's a lot safer (and funnier) to hack his # and watch him fight against fading into obscurity.

I do like that he's afraid.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have always believed that Wikileaks is a CIA set up.
Take all the info and history of this whole Wiki thing as it has apperared in the news (drip by drip!), and look at it in a different light, as if you had just learned the 'truth' that the CIA produced this mysterious man, Assange, as a hero, to get our interest and fascination.
What do you see now?......

So they're about to 'retire him', then he'll disappear into thin air once the DOD's mission has been accomplished: Further villification of Iran and the Iraq military, in order to set the tune for their war agendas.

Face it: WikiLeaks has done no harm to the USA!

Switzerland is a CIA/Mossad/MI5 hotbed; a neutral and central base of ops and staging post, well protected from too many pesky 'investigators'.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

It does not matter where he goes if he dumps Russian documents. They can serve him up a plutonium cocktail in any country. I think he's dead man walking and that at first thought he was being cool when in fact he is way over head. He's nothing but a media whore

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would agree that its likely that he will either be shafted by hackers or publicly embarrased, or if that fails or for some reason does not achieve his silence , then he will be removed by more permanent and unquestionable means. However I believe that if that is the outcome, it would be bad for truth as a concept.
Truth stands alone as something which many cultures are obsessed with, probably because the formation of culture requires that the majority not be told enough of the truth to make control and social stigma moot and impotent tools. Peversely many cultures promote a sham version of truth, which itself is usualy based on one or another form of BS , which adds control mechanisms into the indoctrinated thoughts of its populus, rather than being the tool of true freedom that it advertises itself to be.
The fact that someone out there, is capable of laying his hands on reality and exposing its guts to the air is in my opinion a victory for pure truth.
This world , or more particularly its people are , and have always been , in danger of being divested of thier ability to make informed choices about everything from what to eat, to who to vote for. The media of some countries spend millions and make millions from what appears from a cynical point of veiw to be nothing more than a stupifying mechanism whos sole purpose is to remove from people the last scrap of thier humanity and intellect. Propegandists fill positions which should be handed to impartial persons , ploughing thousands of hours of hate infected airtime into the ears and eyes of audiences so used to slander and vitriol that they barely even register the pure VENOM in what is being said to them.
In this situation we cannot hope for the truth to be pretty , but if a person has any respect for pure truth without bias or omission, then they cannot insist that the truth be easy to bare, only that it be easier than ignorance. Easier for instance than being so hideously under informed that a person could come to hate another person for thier race creed or colour, easier by far than blindly following the commands of corrupt and vile people with the moral fortitude of a hungry cannibal , and a hell of a lot easier than ending up voting for the psycho who will eventualy push the button that ends the world in the name of a lie.
People think that those who want the truth are paranoid, or worse think that those who want the truth are somehow less patriotic than thier less aware fellow countrymen. These assumptions are not mere insults, they are themselves evidence of the very lie that we are fighting against, the very sickness at the heart of ALL mankind. With pure truth distributed to all mankind, war, hate, fascism, violence, all these things might remain, but we would know thier true face. Everyone would know that apple use minerals from conflicted nations to make thier products, pouring money into violent rebel or government groups , while the large majority of users of thier products remain unaware that the product they hold in thier hands funds the murder of hundreds of people. Everyone would know that the people who really started the war against terror have no interest in the saftey of anything on this planet except thier bank accounts. Everyone would know that the only real way to rule a nation, is to let it rule itself, and power would mean something better, something cleaner, and those who attain it would have to prove themselves to a higher standard of morality .
I believe that Julian Assange might have several reasons for his actions, and I doubt that they are all squeaky and minty fresh,hell I bet that like most people with a camera in thier face, hes got some down right corpse reeking reasons for what he does. But I also believe that the fact that he does it, and the fact that what he does allows people to see the difference between the official story , and the events on the ground is in fact a step in the right direction. The direction of truth. I hope that the path he walks is walked by others in thier multitudes in the comming years. I hope that the path of truth leads us to a place with less shadows, less places for corruption to hide in. I certainly prefer that future than the one that our continued love of ignorance would have us inherit, and pass on to the unborn children of our world.
edit on 6-11-2010 by TrueBrit because: Spelling mistakes, there are probably more than I found... but thats life.

new topics

top topics

join