It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozzy Osbourne is literally a mutant!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now THIS is just awesome!

A study of the hard-partying rocker revealed he actually has several genetic mutations that may explain how he's lived so long, scientists say. Some of them "we've never seen before," said geneticist Nathaniel Pearson, who was part of the team that sequenced Osbourne's DNA for Massachusetts lab Knome Inc. "I've always said that at the end of the world there will be roaches, Ozzy and Keith Richards," the Prince of Darkness' wife Sharon Osbourne said. Read more: www.nydailynews.com... l#ixzz14LlxYvwQ

I'll just do my initial reactions/comments as a list:

1. yea right, everyone knows he sold his soul
2. wow! how long would he have lived if he didn't try to chemically kill himself on a regular basis
3. who's gonna be the first to patent those genes and start offering special ozzy gene therapy in the year 2040?
4. i sure hope i'm a mutant.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So, did Ozzy drink/smoke/party his mortality away?!

Interesting..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I will take any chance i get to post an Ozzy clip

He just knows how to have a good time
edit on 4-11-2010 by 12voltz because: in memory of Randy Rhodes

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
Now THIS is just awesome!

I'll just do my initial reactions/comments as a list:

1. yea right, everyone knows he sold his soul
2. wow! how long would he have lived if he didn't try to chemically kill himself on a regular basis
3. who's gonna be the first to patent those genes and start offering special ozzy gene therapy in the year 2040?
4. i sure hope i'm a mutant.

Maybe it was the chemical soup that he ate/drank/smoked on a regular basis that somehow mutated him

The devil is in the details

I hope I'm a mutant too. I might be lucky, I was a natural blond all my life, started to go a little grey, and then instead it turned a reddish brown, and has stayed that way for almost a year now.

I always liked Ozzy. I could never understand a word he said when he talked, but he sings so very clearly.

link   
yes yes, ....

for better or worse, .... inbreeding tends to have a particular effect.

link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

He's lived a long time? What about the quality of that life? Not a good thing in that he can barely speak coherently and walk at times.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Ozzy might have sung it but he was too much of a mutant to write it. This song belongs to Australia courtesy, Bob Daisley! Anyway that is a Jimmy Barnes song now!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can't help but think about all the lost potential. I mean, maybe he was meant to be something more than he is but destroyed it. I admit that I love many of his songs and rocked out to Ozzy on many occasions, but he is but a shell of man now. I hate to see the use of drugs glorified and even though he is a quivering mess, he seems to do just that.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Quality of life? How many times have you defecated in an elevator?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the hallucinogens altered his DNA or mutated some chromosomes? I think the main reason Ozzy is still with us is because he has always had a good woman beside him to take care of him. Not that Sharon isn't a bit kooky, but she was there thru most of it.
Idea for Ozzy's next album title....Mutated Me

Peace and flying high again,
spec

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The link doesn't work for me

To be fair he's only 62 he gave up booze and drugs a long time ago and he's still a complete wreck that can barely string a coherent sentence together.

Hardly an example of genetic superiority I would have thought. Unless your ambition in life is to be a 52 year old that can barely talk sitting round in a track suit while your domineering wife spends your money

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, we're all mutants, having on average about a hundred random genetic mutations in our genome (that's the estimate, at least).

But, there could be something to looking at his in particular, considering how resilient he's been to all he's put his body through over the years. He lives very cleanly now, by all accounts, but he did a lot to damage it in the past. They could well find something that makes him so robust and survivable.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I read this in the actual paper earlier. One of the things I found missing is that they also claimed Ozzy had Neanderthal dna. I wonder why that was omitted from the online article

Well here is a link about that.link
edit on 4-11-2010 by hangedman13 because: New info

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

I read this in the actual paper earlier. One of the things I found missing is that they also claimed Ozzy had Neanderthal dna. I wonder why that was omitted from the online article

Pretty much all people of European descent have Neanderthal DNA, usually about 2% to 3%. Neanderthals lived mostly in Europe, and some in parts of the Middle East, and we've recently found that they did interbreed with the humans of that area. That finding isn't really news, it's true of anyone and everyone who is white.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
'___' every day for 2 years straight??!!

holy crap. he's lucky he's not in an insane asylum. that much lsd has to have change his physiology.
i'm surprised he's not in some lab being tested.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by hangedman13

Pretty much all people of European descent have Neanderthal DNA, usually about 2% to 3%. Neanderthals lived mostly in Europe, and some in parts of the Middle East, and we've recently found that they did interbreed with the humans of that area. That finding isn't really news, it's true of anyone and everyone who is white.

Are you sure it's not just people from Birmingham?

Sorry to any Brummies on ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

gtta post this...of course singing about Mr. Aleister Crowley

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley

Mr. Crowley, what went down in your head
(Oh) Mr. Crowley, did you talk to the dead
Your lifestyle to me seems so tragic
With the thrill of it all
You fooled all the people with magic
(Yeah)You waited on Satan's call

Mr. Charming, did you think you were pure
Mr. Alarming, in nocturnal rapport
Uncovering things that were sacred, manifest on this earth
(Oh)Conceived in the eye of a secret
Yeah, they scattered the afterbirth

Solo

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic of course
Approaching a time that is classic
I hear that maidens call
Approaching a time that is drastic
Standing with their backs to the wall

(Solo)

Was it polemically sent?
I wanna know what you meant
I wanna know
I wanna know what you meant, yeah!

(Solo)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Figured I'd throw this one in for good measure...

Ironman

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Actually he did help write it along with Randy Rhodes(RIP),and Bob Daisley.

"Crazy Train" is a heavy metal song written by Ozzy Osbourne, Randy Rhoads and Bob Daisley. It was released in 1980 on the album Blizzard of Ozz. This song was Ozzy Osbourne's first single as a solo artist after leaving Black Sabbath.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join