It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no compromise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." [said Mitch McConnell]

thehill.com...

"This is not a time for compromise, and I can tell you that we will not compromise on our principles," Boehner said during an appearance on conservative Sean Hannity's radio show.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

But, the Congressional Progressive Caucus, the largest caucus in the House Democratic Caucus at over 80 members, emerged virtually unscathed, losing only three members.

By constrast, the conservative Blue Dog Democratic caucus was more than sliced in half from 54 members to only 26. Further, of the 34 conservative Dems who voted against Obama's Healthcare Reform, a mere 12 won re-election.

Mitch McConnell says the most important agenda of the Republicans is to stop Obama from winning re-election at all costs. What about the jobs Mr. McConnell, what happened to your little catch phrase you used for two years, “Where are the jobs?”

He could have chosen a long list of things as top priority: Creating jobs, slashing the deficit, bring back the economy, transparency; but no he said stopping Obama is agenda number 1!

How about John of Orange? Was he willing to extend an olive branch, apparently if that means Obama will side with everything he says than the answer is yes. Apparently compromise is not what he intends to do in the next Congress.

This election was a referendum on Obama and on Congress, Americans are angry because when Democrats had all 3 chambers by a large margin they compromised on everything and delivered watered down half-ass legislation. Republicans served their base and voted no on everything while Democrats did nothing for their base.

Democrats were far too scared to stand up to the minority and tell them what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. They let the minority scare them into submission. This is what they get. No one wants a gridlocked Congress, either one party has a lot of power and passes legislation or the two parties work together to pass legislation, the latter requires compromise which Boehner made clear he is not going to do.

So what about the new Democratic Party left after this election? Well 3 of the 80 Progressive Democrats lost their seats while 28 of the 54 Blue Dogs lost their seats. The 34 Democrats who voted against ObamaCare are now left with just 12 members. Looks like it wasn’t Americans saying hell no to Liberals and Progressives but rather hell no to the Democrats who sided with the Republicans, they were virtually annihilated on Tuesday.

Now we have Obama talking about extending the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and repealing some of ObamaCare. Did he not get the message when the Conservative wing of his party was destroyed? Americans now want someone who can be bipartisan but this goes for both sides. Looks like Obama is conceding everything and the Republicans are dictating everything.

If Obama decides to go the way of Bill Clinton and be Mr. Republican then he can’t expect his party to vote with him.

Think about this: 193 Democrats left in the House, 77 Democrats are Progressives, 26 Democrats are Blue Dogs. I wonder which wing of the party will have the most say in the Democratic Party in the House. The Democrats who lost the Senate on Tuesday night, they were Conservative Democrats! The Democrats in the Senate now, they are going to be the Liberals. Good luck getting Liberals to repeal their beloved programs they enacted.

Privatize Social Security? Nope. Private Medicare/Medicaid? Nope. Extend Bush tax cuts? Probably not. Look out Obama, you are on a crash course with your own party if you think you can be mister compromise. 51% of Democrats say you deserve a primary challenge in 2012, if you think that number is high now, you better not blink or it might just say 80%.

You are now part of a political party which has just lost most of its Conservative wing, you are now left with the Progressives and they are already saying how compromise on many issues is strictly off the table. They won’t ring up a $700 Billion dollar deficit to extend tax cuts on the rich, so don’t count on their vote. What do you do Obama when your opinions are more aligned with the GOP? Don’t expect Democrats to rush to your side.

Be Bipartisan, we as Americans want to see our parties work together. But if you think conceding to the GOP will do anything good for America, you will be faced with a tsunami of Liberals aimed right at you and it will be a bloody punch.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No compromise with the people that represent the other half of the country that did not run out and vote an all Republican ticket sounds a lot like the threat of a dictatorship to me. I guess anything I want that the Republicans do not makes me un-American and not worthy or representation. The next two years ought to be great for the tobacco industry.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Republicans don’t represent me, this is government may represent the majority of voters but it does not represent us all. Boehner can take all of his legislation and stick it. If their goal is to take down Obama and pass only Right-wing anti-Workers legislation they will fail. They can’t pass the reforms they want because Democrats will strike it down so all I am going to do is laugh at these clowns.
edit on 11/4/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Mr. Obama will be just fine Misoir,
Once we get a little closer to center, or even a little right of center, as we did after the 1994 elections you will see a shift in his poll numbers.
I do not think it will be enough of a gain to get him re-elected as it did Clinton though (or at least I hope not).

Not that I have seen much of it from you, but I really can not believe how much people are freaking out over this election.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
One word.
Defunding.

That's what it's all going to be about. Obama already said he's not willing to revisit the policies of the past two years. "Mr. President, that's not going to be an option."

There have already been hints of an investigation being formed to look into the Administration.

You're all worried about what legislation gets passed. Right now, it's really about disarming the legislation that has passed over the previous two years. In his conference Wednesday, he was asked if it was his agenda that people were voting against. His answer was that people didn't feel the effects of the legislation. "No Mr. President, even if your policies worked, the people would still be against them."

The fact is, HCR does nothing but mandate that you buy insurance. It's nothing more than that. Buy or get fined. TARP? No one's making a profit off of that. It's confiscated from the tax payers to pay off debt to the Fed to begin with. All they will do is knock a bit of interest off the books for our troubles.

So there needs to be a line drawn on what's on the table now. I don't care if they don't do anything for the next two years but oppose the legislation passed in the previous two. It's that important.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Curiousisall

They can’t pass the reforms they want because Democrats will strike it down so all I am going to do is laugh at these clowns.
edit on 11/4/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I have to totally disagree with you on this one Misior.
Look back over the past two years. The Democrats had the super majority and had to fight tooth and nail to pass almost every bill they put through.
I think many of these democrats (progressive and blue dog) are afraid for their jobs right now and you might be surprised how that fear can change a persons out look on things.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The reasons why democracy is rubbish. Was the same when obama just won, and dems all came out laughing.

You won what?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Obama better hope you aren’t his political advisor because if Obama moves any further right I will 100% guarantee you re-election will be impossible for him. He will lose his Progressive base and will not be able to rebuild. If Obama moves to the center I am quite sure there will be a Liberal challenger on the Left.

Actually in 2012 I see four competitors for the election, Obama will be too Center for his base and the Republicans will nominate an establishment candidate. This will mean Obama will have a Progressive challenger and the GOP will have a Tea Party challenger.

And no I have not ‘freaked out’ from the election, I foresaw this. Towards Halloween I was actually expecting a 70 seat loss in the House and a 7 seat loss in the Senate. I was pretty close on both of them. Early October I thought the Democrats could hold it but as I seen everything coming together I knew the Democrats didn’t have a snowballs chance in hell.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'll give you this. You're right. Obama can't stand still, move left, move right and not piss some big group of people off.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yea but this can't be a surprise. The GOP was saying on the political talk shows even before Obama was inaugurated that their focus was to torpedo Obama's (then proposed) healthcare initiative in order to 'take down' Obama (their words) and ultimately the Democrats. See my post on another thread:

A-v-B

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Obama won the election for one reason—the bad economy that Bush left.
Obama lost on Tuesday for one reason—the bad economy—the electorate perceived he didn’t make better.

Over all though Obama is a fool. He has no backbone, he is filled with fear and is a terrible leader.

He never embraced his own policies, he let the republican’s steamroll over him.

At least if you are going to go down one should loose with integrity and standing by something.

Its good the blue dogs got slaughtered they deserved it!

new topics

top topics

join