It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy Day.. Why Wouldnt you Wear One? Nov 11th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I wear a poppy with pride

The day I am told to wear a poppy I will refuse to wear a poppy - and be proud.

Britons died in the past and continue to die so that we - and people in many other countries - do not live under fascism,

This is what worries me.. The facts are that the government does not give a crap for serving or ex soldiers.. The funds from the poppies do..

Truth is that the so called covernant for country has been. wiped out to weaken us as a nation..
edit on 5-11-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Personally, the reason why i wouldn't wear a red poppie is the glorification of death in war. I have a number of direct ancestors that experienced war and I have always felt uneasy that we must focus on this blood sacrifice aspect that they had no way of avoiding. I think that in this day and age people have a choice in going to war, they are not conscripted, theyre mistaken in their motives. I would have no problem wearing a white poppy.

Has anyone stopped to question the symbolism of poppies? It's quite interesting. It links to Morpheus the 'Oneiroi' of Greek mythology and the empty tomb or cenotaph that is used in todays remeberance day rituals. Morpheus is connected to sleep and death, it's interesting that our officials lay wreaths of poppies at the cenotaphs to remember our dead. Quite creepy and morbid really. That is my problem with people blindly sporting the poppy.

www.illuminati-news.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Personally, the reason why i wouldn't wear a red poppie is the glorification of death in war. I have a number of direct ancestors that experienced war and I have always felt uneasy that we must focus on this blood sacrifice aspect that they had no way of avoiding. I think that in this day and age people have a choice in going to war, they are not conscripted, theyre mistaken in their motives. I would have no problem wearing a white poppy.

Has anyone stopped to question the symbolism of poppies? It's quite interesting. It links to Morpheus the 'Oneiroi' of Greek mythology and the empty tomb or cenotaph that is used in todays remeberance day rituals. Morpheus is connected to sleep and death, it's interesting that our officials lay wreaths of poppies at the cenotaphs to remember our dead. Quite creepy and morbid really. That is my problem with people blindly sporting the poppy.

www.illuminati-news.com...

What?? I don't mean to offend you, but thats just ridiculous, the origin of the poppy is from WWI, about flowers growing on the battlefields of France amongst the men who died fighting for their country, we wear them to remember their sacrifice, if we forget, the memory of all they fought for is lost, there is nothing morbid about it.

This is because the corn poppy was one of the only plants that grew on the battlefield. It thrives in disturbed soil, which was abundant on the battlefield due to intensive shelling. During the few weeks the plant blossomed, the battlefield was coloured blood red, not just from the red flower that grew in great numbers but also from the actual blood of the dead soldiers that lay scattered and untended to on the otherwise barren battlegrounds.

edit on 5/11/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join