It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2012, could Dean beat Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
dyn.politico.com...

President Barack Obama sounded humble, almost meek, Wednesday at his news conference. “No one party will be able to dictate where we go from here,” he said. “We must find common ground.”

Howard Dean took a somewhat different tone on the phone with me the same day. “If Republicans think we’re going to slow the growth of Medicare and Medicaid and give tax cuts to those making a million dollars a year, we will wrap that around their necks and beat the hell out of them in 2012.”
In 2003, Dean said he represented “the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party,” a call that might sound appealing now to liberals who fear Obama will compromise even further with Republicans. And Dean, a doctor, was a champion of the health care public option, which Obama abandoned.

I said I would support a Joe Manchin candidacy in 2012, which I still would, but I completely forgot about Dr. Howard Dean of Vermont. He is a champion for fiscal responsibility and the Democratic base. A man who is willing to be bipartisan but refuses to hand over the big issues to the other side, a man who would not only have the political capital but also the charisma to take down Obama in 2012. There is no one more suited for that challenge than Dean, it would be Obama’s fault for not putting him in his cabinet.

All this talk about Hillary Clinton running is just talk, she is a party loyalist and challenging Obama would tear the party apart and she would never want to be known as the Democrat that caused the guaranteed defeat of Obama in 2012.

Anyone hear that? IT’S THE DEAN SCREAM!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't think we have to worry about Dean. He is too outspoken and the party will not allow it. Obama will run, probably against Romney and that will be that. Of course, that is just speculation.

I do like HD's style though. Gotta love a man that grunts on television!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Man only answering the title of the thread here..........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/384268676d6c.jpg[/atsimg]

This guy could beat Obama in 2012. Just sayin.... Dean wont have much of a challenge...IMHO...

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dean is a bit of a laughing stock and an embarrassment to the Democrats if they have any sense. In his tenure heading the DNC he was caught up in lies nearly every time he gave an interview. With that kind of baggage easily available on videotape from news sources, attack ads would be so destructive he would never survive a Primary.

I find him one of the most comical characters from the Left to come along in a few decades. It takes a special kind of person to look a Reporter in the eye and lie on camera, knowing most everyone knows its a lie. He also was never well informed on interviews and came off as illiterate on current news. I don't see him as a player of any kind and I'd think the Dem's would rather forget him.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In 2012 your president will be Rick Perry. It has already been chosen. Enough said.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
dean is just as bad as obama

i was watching a the news today and it was said much like how bad carter was that lead to the rise and election of reagan the past two years will lead to the rise of a "reaganesque" candidate in 2012.

people have had enough of big government and neither obama or dean fit that category.

2012 will be the turning point of this nation one way or the other and if it is more of the same with big government types we are doomed.

and the man from west virginia doesn't fit that bill it's been proven his ideals depend on which way the political winds blow.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
In 2012 your president will be Rick Perry. It has already been chosen. Enough said.

...that wouldnt surprise me a bit... he's a purty boy, the republicans long awaited version of jfk, and he's has no problem with being on the take... all hat, no cattle...

top topics

join