It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion needed -- What is the greatest hoax ever??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The biggest Hoax ever?...

Making modern beings believe that "life is better than it has ever been" in this dark age! - Glorified slaves of a "man made economy" rather than Masters of "personal creativity" - ones knowledge is power...money is nothing more than self masterbation!

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

The Federal Reserve you foolish person you.
edit on 1-1-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Bravo.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by MKULTRA
The biggest, most widespread, verifiable hoax that I've ever experienced in my life is called a "Federal Reserve Note", created by a private bank that people still believe is part of the federal government. Fooled me to my core.

And wwhat has happened that you now believe it to be a hoax?
The Fed certainly has not admitted to perpetrating, so why do you now have this belief

Of course they did. It is advertised on all current US paper money-- "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts, Public and Private". Look up the word, "Note" in a legal dictionary.

I read the legal definition of "Note" and realized that I was participating in the hoax by continuing to use paper money. So I stopped using paper money (including credit, banks, and all other instruments associated with Federal Reserve Notes), and I've never been wealthier. My quality of life has improved greatly.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Of course they did. It is advertised on all current US paper money-- "This Note is Legal Tender For All Debts, Public and Private". Look up the word, "Note" in a legal dictionary.

I read the legal definition of "Note" and realized that I was participating in the hoax by continuing to use paper money. So I stopped using paper money (including credit, banks, and all other instruments associated with Federal Reserve Notes), and I've never been wealthier. My quality of life has improved greatly.

What do you use now if you dont mind me asking?
Sounds like a good deal and alot of us would probably benefit from your method.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm 100% with you on that hoax.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

What do you use now if you dont mind me asking?
Sounds like a good deal and alot of us would probably benefit from your method.

I don't use much of anything now. I took a course in "Private Business" and have never been the same since. I grow and raise our own food, and have little desire for the latest gadgets. An easy way to remove the need for FRNs is to go back to what is actually needed to be happy, and cut everything else. For the few bills I do have, I use a physical gold & silver broker--he's about as close to a "bank" as I get, I guess you could call him a "frontman". I trade for "must have" items with neighbors and local businesses when I can't get things for free. You'd be surprised how many free things are available in your local town. People can't wait to give things away. Yard sales are great-- by the end of the day, people pile their stuff up and tell you to take it. My method isn't anything special. I just ask myself about priorities. FRNs are not a priority for me. Being happy and content in life is a priority.
edit on 2-1-2011 by MKULTRA because: added additional details

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Lone gunman, Dallas

Sid Finch, April 1st issue of S.I.
edit on 2-1-2011 by yak055h because: New thought

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by yak055h

Lone gunman, Dallas

Sid Finch, April 1st issue of S.I.
edit on 2-1-2011 by yak055h because: New thought

Sid and his amazing 168 mph fastball, that was a good one, but one should always be skeptical of stories like that which come out on Aprril Fools Day haha

Good one though

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The deception enginereed and perpetuated by the media to convince the American people that Sarah Palin isn't completely oblivious to the needs of the average person while still doing everything she can to appeal to them.
Trying to pass her off as intelligent has taken so much time and resources. She will give a very serious run.

Vote Paul.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
The deception enginereed and perpetuated by the media to convince the American people that Sarah Palin isn't completely oblivious to the needs of the average person while still doing everything she can to appeal to them.
Trying to pass her off as intelligent has taken so much time and resources. She will give a very serious run.

Vote Paul.

I know alot of people that would vehemently disagree with that statement. Most people believe that she is nothing more than a propped up talking head, but when it comes down to it, she does not have what it takes to be successful at a national level.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Top 3

1. Global Warming
2. Islam
3. Barack Obama

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They say the devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist ...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
They say the devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist ...

So which is the hoax there?

The devil, or him convincing everyone he does not exist?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
James Randi and Jose Alvarez, Australia 1988, "CARLOS". Hoax for a good cause.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
James Randi and Jose Alvarez, Australia 1988, "CARLOS". Hoax for a good cause.

Dont think i know much about that one.
Mind filling us in?
If not I guess there is google

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The greatest HOAX of all, is the illusion that has been Bestowed upon everyone. That Is Money and Material objects. The world, Family and friends and those who you do not know, are the most important things anyone can have. So I guess this would be the greatest Hoax of man kind. S&F

EDIT: I will change that to just a star, as it will not let me flag
edit on 5-1-2011 by ManInTheMirror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
the greatest hoax ever in my opinion was the "moon landing"... the whole thing appears to have been set up in a studio. the lighting is the biggest give away followed by the american flag which, i believe should be flapping about in the wind. FAIL!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonyegan2009
the greatest hoax ever in my opinion was the "moon landing"... the whole thing appears to have been set up in a studio. the lighting is the biggest give away followed by the american flag which, i believe should be flapping about in the wind. FAIL!

Flapping in the wind, in the vacuum of space?
There are good arguments for the moon landing being faed, but Ive never heard that one.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't credit this one for being the greatest but they have got away with it for 25+years

James Van Greunen / Judy Faltskog / Wayne Herschel and the " Alleged NASA affiliated

astronomer deciphers intelligent signal from nearby stars. There is a thread running on ATS

of nearly 200 pages and 4000 posts on this subject.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join