It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for sea levels to rise 1000 or more feet!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have a couple of theories about the floods of Noah and where all the water came from. This is a theory based on MY theories of water.

My theory is this:

Water is two parts Hydrogen and one part Oxygen. we are always taught that water came to earth from comets in the form of ice! The thing I have always questioned is WHY should the water on Earth and every other planet that it is found on have accumulated from comets? Just think about this for a moment! If water always comes from comets in the form of ice, where does the water come from that make up comets?

I have two theories, the first is that water is formed in space which immediately turns to ice, which then combine to form comets that end up impacting planets.

I also believe that the water found on planetary objects such as Earth and Titan does not only come from comet impacts if at all, but from these planetary objects passing through space. While travelling through space I believe that planets pass though clouds of ice that the planet collects. This ice is then heated as it falls to earth and falls as rain, which over time created our oceans!

My second theory is that the clouds in space are Hydrogen and when we pass through these clouds, there is a reaction with the oxygen in our atmosphere which combines the Oxygen with the hydrogen which then falls as rain.

This last theory of mine would also explain the historical records of vast deluges of rain as reported from the stories of Noah as well as from Sumerian text; other cultures also have stories of great rain that hugely raise sea levels.

If this is the case (theory two) it would give weight to predicting a new flood. We have been told that our solar system is passing through some kind of super heated cloud, but the information from NASA is vague =to say the least. If it is one of the hydrogen clouds I theorize combine with our oxygen in our atmosphere then we could be in for another Noah style deluge!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Your math problem for the day is:

1) go look up the predicted density of the "cloud" in terms of particles per cubic meter
2) Using the diameter of Earth, calculate the swept volume in cubic meters for a year's travel. For distance, look up the speed of Earth relative to the local group
3) Based on particle density and volume, if all the particles were hydrogen, and all reacted with oxygen to form water, how much water would that be? Don't forget to divide by two.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can the mods please get the web guys to add a delete function for when we get a double post please!!!!

edit on 4/11/2010 by theregonnakillme because: Damn thing double posted!!

link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I understand your thinking but you are forgetting the speed which our solar system moves through space. This alone increases the potential collective ability and resulting volume by factors our calculators can not even show!

link   
God doesn't need science...leave it at that

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

My view on GOD:

May peace be with you, as God has MOD REMOVED off to another planet where the people are sane, compassionate and deserving of his love.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
reply to post by Bedlam

I understand your thinking but you are forgetting the speed which our solar system moves through space. This alone increases the potential collective ability and resulting volume by factors our calculators can not even show!

Maybe your calculator won't, but I've got an HP48G!

You actually have to use the speed to calculate the volume swept. It's one of those things the cosmologists know - I'm sure you can find it. The problem's far from incalculable - it ought to take you about 10 minutes if you hurried.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Some of the water on Earth does evaporate into space, but not very much. Not the amount of water you're talking about. In order for there to be enough water on earth to raise sea levels by 1000 feet, there would have to be so much moisture in the air that you would drown the first time you inhaled. The biblical story of Noah is likely based on a regional tale of flooding, something like Pakistan had this past year, or is a metaphor for some sort of Ancient Technological DNA bank.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Out of curiosity where did you get the figure 1000?
Was it randomly selected, or did t fit with some calculations?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
wasnt it suggested, that the flood was caused by the water coming up? perhaps oxygen is in our atmosphere, but large amounts of hydrogen are beneath the surface, which adding a comet collision could spark a release with causes this reaction to form water...? perhaps our view of water is way off, and theres different densities of water... i think sometimes we live in water, but our perception doesnt calculate it that way... have you ever seen that video of the water at the bottom of the gulf having its own tides, to point where it appeared to be water beneath water... crazy video.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So....

The Sea is rising but you have Land Masses coming up out of the sea? How exactly does that happen?

I have to question, is the sea rising OR is the sea floor actually sinking due to the weight of added water from melting Glaciers also known as Post Glacial Rebound?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Your math problem for the day is:

1) go look up the predicted density of the "cloud" in terms of particles per cubic meter
2) Using the diameter of Earth, calculate the swept volume in cubic meters for a year's travel. For distance, look up the speed of Earth relative to the local group
3) Based on particle density and volume, if all the particles were hydrogen, and all reacted with oxygen to form water, how much water would that be? Don't forget to divide by two.

The density of the ISM in the "local bubble" is about 1 million atoms/m^3. The solar system (us) is traveling through the local group at about 250 km/sec. The instantaneous ellipsoidal sweep, then, is3.14159 times (12,756 km/2)^2 or about 5X10^9 m^2 giving a volume sweep of 1.27796375 × 1014 cubic meters/sec so in a year, you would collect about 4x10^21 atoms of hydrogen, if all the ISM was H, which it isn't. So you have about enough to make 2X10^21 molecules of water. That's a big number but very little water. There are, at 4 degrees C, 210.30 moles in a gallon of water. , so your big sweep for a year gets you less than a gallon of water. 6.02x10^23 molecules of water (1 mole) only weighs 18 grams.To raise sea level 1000 feet would take 5x10^18 cubic feet of water. That's 4x10^19 gallons, so at a hundredth of a mole/year there hasn't been time since the formation of the universe to pick up enough water for the OP's theories to be valid. So, as they say on Mythbusters, "Busted!"

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

volcanoes had water in them at the time of our planet being a rock. steam was all in the air, which then condensed and formed the oceans. simple. and the interstellar cloud would need to be massive even by galactic standards for your theory to work.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Okay, I've got my water wings and my life jacket on.

I'm ready.

By the way you are aware that essentially everything we know about modern geology and physics entirely disproves the possibility of Noah's Flood right? There's no need to theorize about it because it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here we go with another prediction thread...

sigh.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
if you got enough hydrogen from space to mix with oxygen to raise the sea level 1000 feet you would run out of oxygen and the raising water level would be the lest of our problems because we all would die from a lack of oxygen.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
if you got enough hydrogen from space to mix with oxygen to raise the sea level 1000 feet you would run out of oxygen and the raising water level would be the lest of our problems because we all would die from a lack of oxygen.

As I ask my students to do, "Please show your assumptions and calculations." As I posted above, it would take 4x10^19 gallons of water to raise sea level 1000 feet. That's 8x10^21 moles of Oxygen at 6.02x10^23 molecules of oxygen per mole. Big number but not much weight when 20.95% of the earth's atmosphere, which weighs 14.7 pounds for every square inch of the earth's surface, is oxygen. If you do the geometry, you'll find the surface area to be close to 8x10^17 square inches. To help with the math, remember that atmospheric oxygen is diatomic so that a mole of O2 weighs 32 grams (Actually 31.9988.)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Prepare to build your water proof houses

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I dont prepare for theories
But if you can show me solid evidence, well then ok.
but thank you for the fearful heading

new topics

top topics

join