It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta flight makes emergency landing In MUMBAI Breaking Now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Delta flight makes emergency landing in MUMBAI

www.ndtv.com

Mumbai: A Mumbai-bound Delta Airlines flight carrying 244 passengers from Amsterdam to Mumbai on Thursday night landed in emergency conditions at the airport here after an unidentified object was noticed in the aircraft's cargo-hold.

The plane, which touched down at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at about 2320 hours, was taken to an isolated bay where all the passengers disembarked before an anti-explosive squad searched the plane and the cargo-hold.

"Full emergency was declared at the airport for Delta 70 Amsterdam-Mumbai flight which landed at 2320 hours", an airport
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thehindu.com
www.indiatalkies.com
edit on 4-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The information about the presence of the unidentified object in the palate of the cargo-hold was given by a Delta staffer in Amsterdam, airport sources said.

Is this another false flag?
Obama is going to visit Mumbai but these scares are not ending. I think things are heating up right now and we are getting more and more false-flag scare tactics... I hope Obama is careful in mumbai.

Also a webbot prediction cycle starts Nov. 5th. A UFO in the cargo hold????

What the hells going on?

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

The information about the presence of the unidentified object in the palate of the cargo-hold was given by a Delta staffer in Amsterdam, airport sources said

Where did you get UFO?
I wonder what it was....

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
now you have the justification for the 2 billion $ spent on security and whatnot.

you know what i mean?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
None of the linked articles says whether or not anything was found - you know like cartridge bombs. Here we go again!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

landed in emergency conditions at the airport here after an unidentified object was noticed in the aircraft's cargo-hold.

The information about the presence of the unidentified object in the palate of the cargo-hold was given by a Delta staffer in Amsterdam, airport sources said.

What I don't get is this... If a staffer in Amsterdam is the one who told them of the presence of the "object" then why did they allow it to take off from Amsterdam?

This sounds to me like a scare tactic being used to hype up fear in the Indians' mind so that allying closer with the U.S. sounds better to them. Interesting timing of this too, huh??

Oh, I forgot to add that one of Obama's "missions" on this trip is purportedly to arrange deals selling more U.S. armaments - the U.S.'s biggest money maker.
edit on 4/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with the president in any kind of off handed way, but something sure smells like low tide at the docks and it isn't getting any fresher as the hours tick by.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The article makes it sound like they discovered some strange object in the cargo-hold DURING the flight. How is that even possible? It's not like you can access the cargo-hold from the main cabin.

What a strange and suspicious story.

UPDATE: According to this post, the information was conveyed from someone at the originating airport.

If that's true, then:

• Why was the object allowed on in the first place?
  • Why was the plane allowed to take off with said object on board?
  • If it was a bomb, then why didn't it go off?

edit on 4-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: update

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It sounds crazy but UOICH (unidentifed object in cargo hold)

Update FNC just announced:
Delta said it left New York Had a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam so Delta flight 70 is really from New York...

If it left from New York it is still from New York meaning whatever was found came from New York. I bet this is just nothing more then scaring people into believing they need 200 million a day for Obama to use golden toilet paper.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe this unidentified object in cargo hold, is stalking Obama.
Maybe it is annoying cousin or something and that's why he is running away.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't think this story has hit CNN, Fox or other MSM as yet. Out of New York - that's interesting. I think we have a wait and see here. Do I have time for lunch?
edit on 4-11-2010 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You know I just got to thinking about something...

I use UPS and other cargo carriers quite a bit.... but domestically. I wonder if I was shipping internationally if these issues are causing impact on supply chains, or if that is part and parcel (pun intended) of the target...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Delta Airlines jet searched after Mumbai landing
www.bbc.co.uk...

They are still claiming it came from amsterdam... When other sources say it came from New York.

Fox News source:

www.foxnews.com...

All 244 passengers on board Delta flight 70 were evacuated safely, he said.

"Delta staff in Amsterdam informed the pilot there may be unaccounted-for cargo on board," he said.

The airport remains on high alert, but other flights are operating normally, he said.

Delta Air Lines Inc. posted a statement on Twitter that read: "We requested rescreening of some cargo on flt 70 in Mumbai. Paxs deplaned safely & we are working with authorities."

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

They are the first things i thought. But most people who watch the msm wont evan think about that.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
These stories are getting more and more blatently ridiculous.

They are getting too cocky if they think we're going to buy such flimsy stories.

A lot questions need answering.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't think it's unusual to find something wrong with the cargo manifest after the plane departed. After all, who hasn't had their luggage end up in the wrong city..?

If they asked for an emergency landing they must have been pretty worried about whatever item was out of place.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have serious problems with redistributing false-flags of cargo bombs, mail bombs, ink toner bombs, all these scares are only to make Obama look like he is doing something about it. Make people believe we can catch a mail bomb.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Did you know that coconuts are being removed from near the Ghandi museum in Mumbai so as none fall on Mr Obama's head.The coconuts have been linked to terrorists in Yemen.
What has this got to do with this Delta flight? Nothing ,but its such a bad joke it doesnt deserve its own thread.
www.sbs.com.au...
edit on 4-11-2010 by 12voltz because: of the coconuts

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Update from CNN:

Delta Airlines said it had "requested a precautionary rescreening" of the cargo shipment.

"We are cooperating with the authorities in their assessment," Delta's Susan Elliott said.

CNN DELTA-FLIGHT 70

So here it is Delta said the plane is an Airbus A330 that was carrying 235 passengers and 12 crew members. The flight originated at New York's John F. Kennedy International airport before stopping in Amsterdam.
All it takes is one person seeing something and all hell breaks loose..

Is it just coincedence that Obama will be visiting right there this weekend???

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Any final result on this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join