It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones May Reduce Male Fertility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A recent study suggests that cell phone use and placement may reduce Sperm count in male users, especially if the phone is carried in the front pocket. While these results are controverial there is a growing body of evidence that suggests that cell phone usage can be linked to a variety of maladies from cancer to impotence. How much a milliwatt transmitter that cycles briefly but regularly in close proximity to the human body actually affects out metabolism and general state of health is still an open scientific question. Perhaps now men can claim reproductive protection from the placement of their communication devices.

Link to Story

Whether this study proves to be accurate or not I think we need to examine the more closely the heath effects of celluar phone use, aside from the obvious health risk that cell phone use while driving poses.

The FDA does admit that the testes are particulary vulnerable to RF heating.
link to FDA info

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank God my guy doesnt have a cell phone!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think the operative word is may. I have used a cell phone for about 9 years. I have 3 children 8, 5, 1 1/2. All three kids were on the first "try" without birth control. Either the use of a cell had no effect, or we are both fertile as hell.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Can cell phones really affect the body. Well if they can affect the blood then they can affect the whole body to one degree or another. I am posting a link to a story that suggests that cell phone radiation can actually affect blood cells.

Link to story

Mobile phones 'harm blood cells'
Evidence on mobile phone health risks is inconclusive
Mobile phone radiation may damage cells by increasing the forces they exert on each other, scientists have said.

The finding could be the key to claims that mobile phones cause cancer and other health problems.

Now I am not going to go and throw away my cell phone but this does warrant some more investigation. Does anyone else have any information whether scientific or annecdotal?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Nerve cells in rats have also been found to be damaged by as little as 2 hours a day of cell phone radiation. Are cell phones as safe as we have been lead to believe or are cell phone companies the tobacco companies of the new millenium when it comes to covering up health affects of their products?

Link to Rat Story

WASHINGTON -- Radio waves from certain cellular telephones triggered nerve-cell damage in the brains of rats, according to a study on the Web site of the journal Environmental Health Perspectives.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Johannmon]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My husband has carried a cell phone for 6 years now and he has never had any trouble knocking me up. We did have a down syndrome baby for our last baby but the two are probably not related. He does complain that if he carries the cell phone in one place too long that area starts to ache but that could be mechanical rather than EM irritation. Lots of good articles on Cell phone hazards though Johannmon thanks. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Then I am sterile as they come.

I sell them for a living.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
it has nothing to do with carrying them in your front pocket. Its just a FACT, the cellphone generation get laid less and have smaller peckers. Its not even related to cellphones particularly, they just happen to be around coincidentally through the past decade when the studies were done. Its probably plastic pollution or some other yet to be announced pollutant. Its TRUE. (Have a look at your pecker then compare it to your old man's). I could give you some medically profound sources but I'm up to my eyeballs.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Please keep this topic tasteful. Posts like the last one really have no place here. If you want to sight some study suggesting the above information please give a link and comment on the evidence. THis forum is meant for discussion of medical issues not crude and base comments on phallus size.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For some reason this was posted to a new thread. I feel it needs to be part of the discussion on this, the original thread so I am quoting it in here.

Sperm count, cell phone link dismissed

"It ... appears not to take into account the many potential confounding factors that could have skewed the results," Evers, who works at the Academic Hospital in Maastricht in the Netherlands, said in a statement.

Britain's National Radiological Protection Board, which has reviewed research into the health effects of exposure to radiofrequency waves including mobile phones, said, so far, the waves appear to be safe.

www.cnn.com...

Really I believe this to be a duplicate thread post because it is dealing with same information as in this post just from the debunking point of view. Any way let the discussion continue.

top topics

join