It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kaguya photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
just a quick thing has anyone actually looked at these pictures? iv seen loads of old picture videos etc of there being buildings on the moon. since the coming of these photos and videos tho (that are HD) iv not heard anything about buildings on the moon... just wondered if anyone had news on it ?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

The Lunar Orbiter Reconnaissance Camera is orbiting and taking really good pictures of the moon right now. You should take a look at the pics they have released so far. No buildings to be seen anywere on the moon, but the pics are still great.

Go here to browse the LROC image galleries:
lroc.sese.asu.edu...

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
think there are buildings up there?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

well yar ,because they are photo shopped out ! sheesh i thought everyone knew that

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i was just looking at those photos and if there arent buildings up there.... why do they feel the need to crop pictures and replace some of the pictures with just blackness insted

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by ziggystar60

well yar ,because they are photo shopped out !

Big claim there. Prove it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
think there are buildings up there?

Absolutely. I do.
Without a doubt.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
reply to post by pearcester

The Lunar Orbiter Reconnaissance Camera is orbiting and taking really good pictures of the moon right now. You should take a look at the pics they have released so far. No buildings to be seen anywere on the moon, but the pics are still great.

Go here to browse the LROC image galleries:
lroc.sese.asu.edu...

Enjoy!

all in b/w...

oh wait.... there's this one....

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The Japanese Kaguya/Selene moon photo's they have on their website are only thumbnails.

The actual photo's they have taken of the moon are not available to the public. If anyone can find them and post a link here, please do. I have searched their database and the only photo's are thumbnail images. Low quality.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The photos are available, but not directly.

You have to register on their site to have access to several hundred thousands of photos, that's how I got this one.
(click for full size)

You also need a program capable of reading their files, and now have the LISM Data Viewer available for download.

You can also use ISIS, but this one only works in Unix-like operating systems.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Pervius

You have to register on their site to have access to several hundred thousands of photos, that's how I got this one.

anything colourful (vis-à-vis excluding the grayscale pallet)...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Some of the photos have more than one wavelength, so you can make colour images, but I don't remember if there is a way of searching only for image like those.

I will take a look.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
just a quick thing has anyone actually looked at these pictures? iv seen loads of old picture videos etc of there being buildings on the moon. since the coming of these photos and videos tho (that are HD) iv not heard anything about buildings on the moon... just wondered if anyone had news on it ?

Where there is clarity there is no confusion.

Higher resolution lunar photos dealt the lunar artifact/structures conspirators a death blow but they're still squirming with every new thread that tries to pass off blurry, pixelated, low contrast, colorized photos representing what some misguided members believe to show other than natural features. It does not matter what the source is from Mike Singh to Richard Hoagland to John Lear, not one photo actually shows what they claim.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
thats why i was asking if anyone had looked at these new pictuires. cause of the HD and that i thought someone who knew what they were looking at might notice something

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

There's no way of getting only colour images, but the images from the Multi-band Imager have five different wavelengths, so we can get colour images.

But having said that, the images do not show real colours because the wavelengths are 415nm (violet), 750nm, 900nm, 950nm and 1000nm, these last four all from the red area of the spectrum.

Here is an example of one colour image, click to see the full size image.

edit on 5/11/2010 by ArMaP because: added image

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

thanks.... but i'm still puzzled as to why is it that we cannot have real colour images of the moon.... we have been over that issue re actual colours of the moon many times here.... anyhow.. i still don't get it....

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

There's no way of getting only colour images,

well... then what are we looking at here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

As far as I understand it, they are less useful than monochrome photos from selected wavelengths.

Although we find colour important because we have the capability of seeing millions of colours, that doesn't mean that the data that can be gathered from colour photos is as important as the data that can be gathered from specific wavelengths that are known to reflect better from specific materials.

If you look at most cameras from several probes you can see that in most cases they prefer to have just one or two wavelengths from our visible spectrum and several wavelengths from the infrared or ultraviolet spectrum.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I meant by that that there is no way of searching for colour photos, we have to search for photos from the multi-wavelength cameras and see if they really have several colour channels or not.

As for the HD video images, I haven't seen any on that Jaxa archive, and considering that the copyright for those images belongs to NHK that doesn't surprise me, but what surprises me is the fact that the images were supposedly shown on Japanese TV but nobody talks about that, so I don't know if they were really presented or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Are there any image bank from China's Chang'e I ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join