It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money Madness on Wall Street--What Does It Mean?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am sitting here watching the news on CNN, MSNBC, on looking at Bloomberg...

Gold up $42!!! before lunch...

Dollar is down.

Silver at a 20 year high!!

Dow Jones at the highest since 2008!!

Jobless rate is huge.

www.bloomberg.com...

Well, this is all well and great for those who own stocks, gold, silver, and such, but what about those who are jobless, losing their homes, who have already sold what they have to keep what they have...

And really, the elections???

The Democrats own as much stocks as the Republicans. This helps them as much as anyone.

With the Fed buying up $600 billion in Treasuries... with a promise to buy at least $300 billion more....

What does this all mean????

In light of all the theories flying about on here regarding something big on the horizon in the next few days/ week, this activity actually gives me pause.

Thoughts? I am all for a debunking of this. Really. This makes me really wonder.... huge gains in gold over the past two weeks, and now silver going up like this, with the dollar still sinking and the stock market now roaring make me think hard about things, especially with the fear mongering of the press regarding "terror"...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's called a bubble.

I still can't believe the Dow is over 11k and held there for as long as it has.

Hide all the sharp object on Wall Street.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

It simply means we are heading towards "Hyperinflation". Here is a quote

A vicious circle is created in which more and more inflation is created with each iteration of the ever increasing money printing cycle. Hyperinflation becomes visible when there is an unchecked increase in the money supply usually accompanied by a widespread unwillingness on the part of the local population to hold the hyperinflationary money for more than the time needed to trade it for something non-monetary to avoid further loss of real value. Hyperinflation is often associated with wars (or their aftermath), currency meltdowns like in Zimbabwe, and political or social upheavals.

And here is the link Hyperinflation

At the moment we are living in Controlled "Inflation", by keep pumping money into the system.

In economics, inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.[1] When the general price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services; consequently, inflation is also an erosion in the purchasing power of money – a loss of real value in the internal medium of exchange and unit of account in the economy.[2][3] A chief measure of price inflation is the inflation rate, the annualized percentage change in a general price index (normally the Consumer Price Index) over time.[4]

Here is the link : Inflation

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It means Bernanke has announced he's going to print a trillion dollars in fake money.

That's what it means.

You will take a 10% pay cut by the end of June next year.

Many economists predict your pay cut will be somewhere around 20% after it is all said and done.

Welcome to living Zimbabwe style.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yes, investigating hyperinflation on Youtube is very chilling... especially coming across clips of where people in Congress are trying to get their fellow congressmen to take action and nothing doing.

What the heck can we do?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Holy CRAP! I just a made a few pretty pennies on gold.

Never seen gold this high yet, nor have I ever seen such a spike.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
Yes, investigating hyperinflation on Youtube is very chilling... especially coming across clips of where people in Congress are trying to get their fellow congressmen to take action and nothing doing.

What the heck can we do?

There is nothing that we can do about it. We simply can not Stopping it from Collapsing. And that collapse affects not only the US but the whole world.

Peace

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes, I really don't want to take wheelbarrows of cash to the grocery store to buy canned goods.

We do have a garden.
We raise our own poultry, hence have eggs.
We also have our own pork and buy local beef.

But, really...
Is something this way coming?

Is there a reason Obama and his family is going out of the country this week? Along with Bill Gates, Ms. Clinton....although, I don't know if Oprah is going away too...
... better check on that one... can't imagine a catastrophic event happening without her permission.

edit on 4-11-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But, really...
Is something this way coming?

Surely lets hope not! But the fact of the matter is that it has happened before in the US and a significant number current day economists predict that at least some degree of hyperinflation is just around the corner.

Anyway if that happens then, there is only one thing to do. That is to know you have done everything you can to prepare...and then do not worry obsessively and hope for the best!

As to your question if that is the reason why Obama is making the Journey, well...where i come from we have an old Saying " The Captain always, goes down with the Ship"

edit on 4-11-2010 by Seed76 because: Minor corrections

edit on 4-11-2010 by Seed76 because: no reason

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I enjoy the Corbett Report....

This week's is really good.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.basemetals.com...

- Base metals soared during the LME open-outcry sessions on Thursday, with the market continuing to rally throughout the day after the Fed’s decision to unveil $600 billion worth of quantitative easing measures in its latest effort to support a sluggish US economy.

- Despite the one-way traffic, traders insist that logic has been suspended given the high emotions running throughout markets on Thursday. “It’s not exactly a logical response,” one LME trader said. “Conditions are sufficiently bad enough in the States to warrant this kind of stimulus package. That’s no reason to rally.” The dollars would end up benefitting equities and speculators instead of consumers, he added, comparing the situation to “Japan over the past 20 years”.

Copper went up over $200 today!!

China is the world's biggest buyer of copper and other metals....

top topics

join