It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese president bests Obama in Forbes list of most powerful people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Chinese president bests Obama in Forbes list of most powerful people

edition.cnn.com

Chinese President Hu Jintao has topped the list of Forbes magazine's list of the world's most powerful people, besting U.S. President Barack Obama who slipped to the second spot.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Another telling sign of a shifting world. Most of us will live to see China become the superpower, Chinese will become the language of many opportunies and hopefully they will do a better job leading the world.
I don't like the chinese more than any other people, but I really admire how they gained their remarkable strenght in the world, not by waging wars and bullying , but with their vision and skills at developing them. More should take example and realise it is not about forcing others to fall in line but improving your own living standards and future.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They conveniently forgot David Rockefeller and Evelyn de Rothschild... They are more powerful than all on that list.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I don't like the chinese more than any other people, but I really admire how they gained their remarkable strenght in the world, not by waging wars and bullying , but with their vision and skills at developing them.

you could also mention their much deeper history and experience in governing the nation, that comes with it.

I'm just back from that part of the world. I was in a museum and saw a pretty elaborate vase of cast metal. It's 6000 years old. Enough said.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
but I really admire how they gained their remarkable strenght in the world, not by waging wars and bullying , but with their vision and skills at developing them.

no offense hun
but are we talking about
the same China???

The one that limits how many
babies a family can have?

The one that orders some
to be sterilized?

Is this not a war on it's own people?
Is this not bullying them into submission?

Are you sure we are talking about the same China??

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes, she is talking about that China.

The one that killed sixty million of it's own people during their 'great leap forward' - that China.

The one that sells the organs of political prisoners.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I hate to admit this about one of my favorite countries. The People's Republic of China is a fragile upcoming superpower. Hopefully the leaders can continue with the success and improve their country more and more as time ticks.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hu can divert rivers, build cities, jail dissidents and censor internet without meddling from pesky bureaucrats, courts. Recently surpassed Japan to become the world’s second-largest economy both in absolute and purchasing power terms.

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The one that killed sixty million of it's own people during their 'great leap forward' - that China.

Originally posted by boondock-saint
The one that limits how many
babies a family can have?

The one that orders some
to be sterilized?

Is this not a war on it's own people?
Is this not bullying them into submission?

Power. Not necessarily a good thing, huh? Not necessarily an admirable thing either. Would you like to be included on this list? As for myself, I don't think I would.
edit on 5/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well the government of China is difficult to explain. Like our government here in the United States. Barack Obama might be the commander in chief. Yet we other leaders in power as well. Both houses, state wide and government officials in the president's cabinet. Government of the People's Republic of China

All power within the government of the People's Republic of China is divided among three bodies: the Communist Party of China, the state, and the People's Liberation Army (PLA). This article is concerned with the formal structure of the state, its departments and their responsibilities. Most, but not all, positions of significant power in the state structure and in the army are occupied by members of the Communist Party of China which is controlled by the Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China, a group of 4 to 9 people, usually all older men, who make all decisions of national significance. As the role of the Army is to enforce these decisions in times of crisis, support of the PLA is important.

Click the link to continue reading.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Well the government of China is difficult to explain.

All I'm saying is that it is very naive to make statements like:

Originally posted by TheOraclebut I really admire how they gained their remarkable strenght in the world, not by waging wars and bullying , but with their vision and skills at developing them. More should take example and realise it is not about forcing others to fall in line but improving your own living standards and future.

Where have you been all these decades?

As for the form of government, if you really believe that a democratic dictatorship is difficult to describe, then I would direct you to Tiananmen Square where soldiers murdered 800 unarmed protesters legally .

Or, perhaps the armed repression of Tibet.

Democratic dictatorships, simply, use military force against their own people to keep them in line. Not difficult at all to understand.

A nation's human rights record has little to do with whether they are listed on the "most powerful" list or not. China's human rights record stinks!
edit on 5/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Not a surprise really to me. Actually a little surprised that Obama made it to #2 even and I agree that some people that are behind the scenes were left out. Although I am not surprised at that either, though.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
They conveniently forgot David Rockefeller and Evelyn de Rothschild... They are more powerful than all on that list.

Exactly.

The Forbes list is a deflection tactic.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Yes, she is talking about that China.

Oh, great!

"Moving forward" was our Prime Minister's election slogan.

I thought "change" seemed dodgy...

top topics

join