The Railroading of Omar Khadr

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This time, it's not just liberty's lovers excoriating Our Rulers: their persecution of so-called "child-soldier" Omar Khadr has infuriated many international elites, albeit for the wrong reasons.

O mar Khadr is a Canadian citizen whose family travelled back and forth between there, Afghanistan and Pakistan throughout his boyhood. Omar's late father may actually be among the world's very few genuine terrorists, as opposed to those the Feds manufacture to substantiate their silly war: he was a friend and financier to Osama himself.

In 2002, Mr. Khadr agreed when an associate asked if Omar could travel with him as a translator. Tragically, this adventure put Omar in the wrong place -- a "compound with . . . a mud wall surrounding a homestead with buildings and animal pens" outside a small Afghan village -- at the wrong time: just as American troops attacked. Their excuse? The handful of men -- sorry, militants -- the Americans had spied inside with their AK-47s in view refused "our boys'" order to surrender.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.campaignforliberty.com...

The ensuing battle turned Omar the Translator into Omar the Terrorist whom the Feds allege to have murdered -- not simply killed -- an American sergeant. Reports disagree about exactly what happened during that skirmish eight years ago, but no one disputes that "our boys" initiated things.

What are we doing in Afghanistan? Why are we invading this sovereign country, let alone its citizens' farms? What gives Americans wearing funny hats and bulky clothes the right to pester villagers on their own turf, let alone disarm them? Oh, of course: might makes right. Well, guys, listen up: you're already in the wrong here. You were wrong the day you headed to the recruiter's office and signed up to kill people; you're still wrong no matter how many Afghanis shoot back when you trespass.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.campaignforliberty.com...

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. --Thomas Paine
US patriot & political philosopher (1737 - 1809)

This is clearly not a case of murder, at least from the information that we do have and furthermore, this kid, Khadr, doesn't sound like a terrorist to me. At the very most, he is an enemy soldier, though that is a stretch in of itself. It shouldn't matter how bad his father is or how much terrorism his father engages in. If Omar himself has not engaged in any terrorism (no, combat is not terrorism), then he isn't a terrorist, regardless of who or what his father is.

This is what we have become. Apparently, when you respond to an attack by US soldiers or western mercenaries, you are a criminal, not an enemy soldier. This basically makes the US military (privately owned or not), a police force with international jurisdiction, as opposed to an actual military.

Here is a hint... When you invade another country and people fight back, they are soldiers, not terrorists. Furthermore, they should be treated according to the treaties that we are party to. When we don't abide by these treaties, is exposes our own soldiers to the same behavior. I can remember growing up and watching old WWII and Vietnam flicks. I used to get so angry at how the American and allied POWs were treated by both the Japanese and our communist enemies. They clearly were not abiding by the treaties that they were signators of. However, at least they made an effort to hide it. We don't even give the courtesy of trying to hide our behaviour, we just insist we are right and endanger our own fighting heroes with the same behavior or worse and at the same time, exaserbating the situation.

Did he engage in any terrorism against civillians that we know about? No, therefore he isn't a terrorist, regardless of the religion he subscribes to.

We are treading very thin water here and I have no doubts that history will judge correctly, just as it did the Nazis. People always wonder how the German people allowed the Nazis to get away with what they had. I use to wonder the same thing, then I realized that the German people were probably manipulated in the same or similar way to that of Americans in our current times. It is no longer a mystery for me, just look at what is happening today and how the American people are buying it hook, line and sinker.

The only difference is that there is absolutely no excuse for our generation. We have the internet and a means to know the truth, not to mention the Nazi precendent. The German people had to rely on their government and their media, as they didn't have the world at their finger tips.

Anyway, it is a wonderfully interesting article and I suggest that everyone read it, regardless of whether you are for or against the premise. You just may learn something useful.

--airspoon
edit on 4-11-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. As a Canadian I had some awarenes of the unfairness of how this now young man has been treated. The media here is basically focussing on the relief aspect that at least he will be able to return to Canada in a year or so. They have failed, completely to get behind the story to the facts.

It was a tough read to see the extent the US military will go to, to cover up what really happened (possible friendly fire) and the way they just get away with it. Our Prime Minister bends over backwards to try to not offend them instead of fighting to protect one of our own citizens. Disgusting!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just for a little more background on this I would like to supply a link that shows Omar the Translator building an IED. Take from it what you will but I think there is more to Omar's story than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ezralevant.com...

Also here is an article on the testimony from the Doctor who did his psycological evaluation.

www.news1130.com...

"Khadr indicated that when he would get 'pissed off' with the guards at Bagram, he would recall his killing of the U.S. soldier and it would make him feel good."

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gargamel

First of all, I hardly trust what the government is saying about Omar Khadr, regardless of whether it is through a psychologist. In fact, I think distrust has been earned, as it is clear "they" will say and/or do anything to manipulate public opinion towards their agenda, whatever that agenda may be. The US government isn't exactly trust-worthy on these kinds of issues.

Also, those photos hardly look authentic. Furthermore, if there is proof of him building IEDs to terrorize or kill civillians, as opposed to conduct combat operations, then he should be charged for that and afforded due process of law. If there is proof of him conducting or helping operations against the country for which he holds citizenship, in this case Canada, then Canada should try him for treason. By simply building an IED, even to use it against American troops (in a war, have you), he isn't doing anything illegal, as it is war. The US military isn't an international police force and in fact, we are a military fighting force conducting a war. It is not illegal for the enemy to fight back, as that is what soldiers do.

He should not be held accountable for simply enagaging in war -conducted by the US- save for maybe treason, in which case the US has no jurisdiction, as he is not a US citizen.

Put quite simply, when you conduct a war, people are going to fight back. It is not a crime to do so, so long as you conduct your operations in accordance with international laws and the treaties you are a signator to. Building a mine to combat the enemy is not automatically against international law (or any treaties that I'm aware of) and in fact, rarely ever is.

With that being said, a dubious photo or two is hardly proof and it certainly isn't an excuse to skirt due process of law and a fair trial for any crimes you may be accused of. The bottom line is that we need to take the moral high ground. We can't claim to have the moral advantage and being on the side of "right", yet throw out the notion of justice or our moral principals. If he is so guilty, then what would it hurt to give him a fair trial and afford him due process of law?

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You are right. It is war but as a Canadian citizen it is not his war or at the very least he should be fighting on the other side. As he is not a soldier for any army what he did is murder.

I also want to point out that the Canadian Government are very much in support of Khadr. In fact a year from know he will probably be a free man as once he is transfered to Canada they will have considered his time served.

The pictures shown are screenshots from a report 60 minutes had run so I will take them at face value until I have reason to believe they are not real.

I'm not going to say I know what happened but if you look at the big picture I hardly think Omar was an innocent victim of circumstance.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
In retrospect it's amazing how crappy they were able to treat him with little to no repercussions known at this point in time.

Even worse, how this story has fallen into the abyss so quickly when it's the perfect example in how you could be handled as a potential terrorist.

top topics

join