It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas Divorce. What are the ramifications to the country/politics?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So Obama is trending awfully high on Yahoo right now:

And when you click on his name, the top result is....

This story seems to be trending unusually strong, for a simple rumor.

Here's one of the stories

Granted much of this comes from tabloids, but so did the John Edwards scandal.

Check out this quote:

"Michelle collapsed in tears and even threatened to divorce Barack if he seeks a second term as president," a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer. Read more: www.thirdage.com...

Could this be why Obama has been known to say more then once that he'd rather be a 'good one termer' then a 'failed two termer?' I can't remember Clinton or Bush, exposing any virtue in being a one term president.

So maybe there's something to this. What would be the ramifications of a divorce in the White House. We all know divorces are costly and consuming, both emotionally, financially, etc.

Could the country take it? If this is true does it spell the end of an effective Obama presidency? What about national security.... I know this is a long shot story. But if it's true we're in, for what I would deem, an almost assassination like disruption of the political process. Then again, Sarkozy got divorced and France is doing fine.

Rumor, yes. But possible. And something which, if true, would have serious ripple effects imo.

edit on 4-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Their marriage was in trouble before he even ran for president, and yes there were rumors about divorce
back then too.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

Could the country take it?

I love how the personal affairs of some guy could affect a nation.

Get divorced or dont. Come out and proclaim to be a homosexual with a combined leather/furry fetish. Makes no difference to me. Just tabloid crap for people with no lives to latch onto.

There are more than enough problems with his policy and philosophy that do affect the nation. What happens between him and his wife is between him and his wife.

Given how many of my fellow moron Americans actually do concern themselves 24/7 with the personal affairs of others I wouldnt doubt if something like this was intended as a "distraction" or "false flag" for these television trained imbeciles.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They are young she requires certain attentions that he may not be able to provide being in the spotlite 25/7 so I wouldnt doubt there are some issues. But I am sure there have been issues in the past with many other presidents. You gotta basically put your life on hold to controll the masses (that should of been a given). And in the beginning I am sure she was all for it, before she got to see behind the scenes and realized the energy involved in being pres. and first lady.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just read that Batboy may be planning a bid for Governor of California in the next go around. I know it was from a tabloid and all but this seems like a serious issue. Remember, the Edwards scandal broke in a tabloid. So what would the ramifications of a Batboy governorship be? Could the country handle inter-species politics? Would he be given a seat at the table if elected? These are hard times in America and we have lots of important tabloid headlines to discuss.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is this because of the gay bathhouse thing and the dead organist from his church

Michelle won't divorce Obama before they get out of the White House.
She would miss the lifestyle and all the freebees too much ... IMHO.
And even if they did get a divorce while he was in office, it would be no big deal.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

haha. i get your point. but i think marital problems for the president are a little more akin to marital problems for a senator then they are to bat boy. but, again, i know this is tabloid.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If it were true, then Mrs. Obama wouldn't be involved in as much as she is in her position as First Lady.

They've had more romance than any other president in recent memory.

I'm sure she's hated those free trips as well.

edit on 4-11-2010 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Yeah, this is going to be history making. Marital problems between the president and first lady. How will the country handle something so new and foriegn? In fact, I think I am going to go discuss this right now with a friend of mine who is descended from a slave and the president that knocked her up.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

do you seriously know someone decended from the hemings? if so, that's pretty ba.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If true, and that's a big if...

Expect the attacks to come flying. There will be allegations that if he can't even manage his personal life, it's asking too much for him to handle his professional life. Which, I hate to say it, to a point is true. Diplomacy is the key in politics and marriage. If she pushes it, and like others have said, gives up her free trips and all the fringe benefits, that means Mr. has utterly failed at diplomacy.

Also a side question. If they do get divorced, does she get the White House or what?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the eyes of the public, it would look bad. We want our politicians to be family people. Yes, it is fully possible to have a "family" life when divorced, but I don't think the public would do well with it.

Especially because the two going theories as to why they would is either she wants out of the White House, or he is gay. Either one of these shows a lack of concern for his spouse. It would be spun something like "If he doesn't even have the DECENCY to take his WIFE into CONSIDERATION then he WON'T take YOUR VIEWS into consideration."(by the conservative media) And Obama doesn't have that Clinton "everyman" thing going for him.

It would hurt his chances. Combined with the other things hurting him right now, whether right or wrong, I'd say he'd lose. If a divorce is imminent, he knows this too.

As for it being a tabloid, yea they have had their share of true stories, but they also have their share of crap. I look at them sideways, but always take into consideration any "truth" that can be found.

Regardless of what is true or not, I doubt anything would happen until he is out of the White House. most "confirmation" we will see is Michelle staying at the White House more to care to the kids and her pushing her "Get up and move" campaign.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

oh my god, thank you for recognizing that this is a thread about an unlikely hypothetical.
you win a star, seriously, thank you.

and, yea, i agree that attacks would come flying. also, i think you're right about michelle and the white house. she'd also get half of the navy if i remember correctly

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No, snus I think she's right. I think this story and the idea that Michelle is asking for a divorce is right up there with Batboy govership and Saddams submarine that is still hiding in Lake Michigan.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Ah, the trusty old John Edwards story!
Since that happened, everything in tabloids have a story to cling to!
Batboy, indeed!

If Barack and Michelle are getting a divorce, I would be very sad for them and the children, but I doubt it's true. He just "went gay" the other day. Let's give him a couple months between scandalous rumors, shall we?

As far as ramifications, I don't see why there would be any. People get divorced all the time. It has nothing to do with the country or politics. It's their business.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yea, it is their business, but to think it would have zero effect on his political career is ignorant.

It WOULD be spun, it WOULD hurt him. For all the reasons, and more, that I mentioned earlier.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Who gets the house???????
lol..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ok..these "unnamed" sources stories are getting ridiculous.

And no...just because the John Edwards story originated in a tabloid doesn't mean any other story in a tabloid has any credibility.

Just like the anonymous "white house insider" stories from a blogger...just becaue "Deep Throat" was an anonymous insider, doesn't mean this "white house insider" is credible. I had to create a whole darn thread about those stories because they are all over ATS.

My Thread

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hmmm, if he gets divorced when in the whitehouse, would that mean taxpayers will be paying millions in allamoney to the first lady for the rest of her life?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oh...and look what else I found at the Globe tabloid.

www.globemagazine.com...

Bush's Brazen Cover-Up!

Former President George Bush insists his new book is a candid look at his White House years - but political insiders charge he's pulling the wool over American's eyes! Bush's book DOES NOT address his secret divorce deal with Laura, his shocking suicide nightmare or the real nature of his relationship with Condi Rice, say insiders who believe the retired Commander-in-Chief is hiding the truth in a desperate attempt to protect his legacy.

Or this one
www.globemagazine.com...

Bill Clinton Fading Fast!

Bill Clinton is at death's door and courageously fighting for life, insiders tell GLOBE in a blockbuster exclusive. As the former President battles heart problems, friends say his daughter Chelsea and wife, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, are preparing for the worst. Only GLOBE brings you the gripping story.

That was from September...Billy looks pretty good today for being at death's door.

And of course...it wouldn't be complete without calling Obama a Muslim
www.globemagazine.com...

Obama Muslim Cover-Up!

President Barack Obama REALLY is a Muslim, say political insiders who insist he's hiding the truth from Americans as part of a plan to build a mosque near New York's World Trade Center, which was destroyed on 9-11. In an explosive Special Report, GLOBE blows the lid off what a top government official publicly says is Obama's shocking confession and documents investigators claim prove he is a follower of Islam. It's must reading!

I guess the all COULD be true...you know...because of the John Edwards thing.
edit on 4-11-2010 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join