It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far is to far to you on race issues?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think brood's first post hit the nail on the head. Is racial pride unhealthy? Yes. But as white people, or non-black people, we must understand the trials and tribulations they have gone through, and thus be compassionate to their plight. When Malcolm X or Huey Newton put their fist up in the air to represent Black Power, it wasn't to say blacks are better than whites, but rather to say "We deserve to be equal, we deserve to be heard, and we will accept nothing less!" That to me is admirable and actually empowers me as a white person to see such things are possible. To the contrary, when Luis Farakhan puts his fist up and yells Black Power, there is a sense of superiority and arrogance in it since he usually follows that up by stating Africans are the chosen people of Allah. So let us not get caught up in the shallow confines of fear and rhetoric, and instead understand each others plight.

There is nothing worse than a outwardly racist person, except a person who claims they are not racist but still defends and supports racism in a unsuspecting moderate tone. Remember that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well when you have gone for jobs and find them populated by incompetent and uneducated whites you too will get a bit snippy especially when they try to treat you as dirt. Racism is alive and well and when you ever realise the number of capable, hardworking and educated blacks that are notmcapable of getting a job based on merit you will understand.

So why are the upper echelons of most businesses in the land of the free or the home of the bulldog overwhelmingly white??

“ I don't feel it is right to demean anybody based on the past, the past holds no bearing that is my point... “ what if the past has contributed to the wealth of that person’s family by dint of highly preferential treatment over black people???? That is my point.

“I guess the other way you could equate it is if say a white woman got raped and it was a black man who did it, and now her great great great granchildren think that all black people owe them something because the great great great grandmother got raped by said black man, it's ridiculous. I am just saying”. Yes but I am saying what if the rapist was aquitted, trained his sons to do so and they did there. It is now an intergenerational crime. All I want to see is an equal playing field and over 100 years after the event it is only now possible becoming equalized.

Of course white people have poor people and some whites are even poorer than black people. There are some very wealthy white people but the question is are the races equal the answer is still no. Then to go on and allow racial slurs to be passed under the guise of white pride is then just far too much. No one will deny that Einstein, Newton, Watson and Crick or even waltdisney were all white and everyone actually celebrates

The research still indicates that white people as a social grouping get a free pass. Of course not all individuals do.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
there will always be race issue as long as the media and TV keep pushing it, when they stop feasting on it they will stop creating it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The differences between the so-called races are minor in comparison to the gap between the haves and the have nots. I respect the democratic right to look backwards to our golden histories but frankly the future is more important and there is historical split between the good old days (When blacks and women could be freely raped beaten and exploited) and now the global economy has put paid to all of that.

Don't believe me just read a quality newspaper for one week.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

depends where you are. relativity plays a role here.

on an internet forum...anything over saying what it is you actually are will probably be to far.

go to s. america, mexico, africa, asia, indian reservations where peoples race is at the very core of what makes their world tick around them and they will tell you you can not have enough pride in your race, the color of your skin and your heritage. All factors are very important to those peoples respectively.

White people are much more disconnected with this though. Especially white people in America. Many cultural antics are not passde down from generation to generation.

Im white with a proud father that thought he was Irish all growing up only to learn in fact he was more scottish (there are big differences in cultures here even though obviously those two countries have very similar skin tones and are derived from very similar ancestory) than anything else years later.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Soory to say you are wrong. Peer behind the skin colour you will see tribalisms., classisms, and other dividing factors. Every country in South America and Africa has the boob (i.e.idiot class) set that are the butt of all the jokes. Have you ever heard of the Biafran war???Did you ever hear about the jokes!!! and brutality??? What about India another country that is riven. The thing is we are more than our skin colour. Most of the time I am just a short tempered guy (lol). Race does not come into it all the time. It is only when people start to get snippy about race that people start to get irritating.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
others look dnow up you but you can take pride youself
but all the race should be equal .no matter what the colour of his or her skin

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

So your saying the slaughter of innocent people are justified because of something that happened years ago.
Some of these criminals weren't even born in the years of apartheid.There's no excuse for murder.

Well they better Ghandi up because they aren't contributing to any solutions instead their just feeding the fires.Why should I pay??I didn't do anything but I'm starting to feel like my life is threatened and that I have to take steps to ensure my own safety....see thats pretty much whats going to happen.White people will start lashing out and wham it racial war all over again.And you know every right wing group will start using this angle to attract more members.

If the two groups don't find some mutual ground it will just keep going on.It has to come from both sides.

Think it's going too far on racial issues when ur justifying the murder of another race....

On a side note the BEE isn't helping black people,though.Even though they are being chosen above a white people white folks have decided to start their own businesses.Thus white folks still stay rich and the ANC has some card to play when its looking for votes.

All is not lost.SA is a sensitive country and it won't take much to put it back a few years.Think all this will take time and we might eventually come to some understanding.

BTW,sounds like you have alot of issues with your own race.

Not every white man is a xenophobe and just like not all black people are criminals.dont generalize...

I live in the rainbow nation with a whole #load of different races all mixed up and everyone is basicly the same.Just human and they can fall prey to the same things any other race can.I just feel white people aren't being heard because they're constantly being portrayed as these murderous psychopaths when in fact some of their claims are legit.Black people are always being portrayed as the victims of some horrible crime.As far as I can see there aren't any soldiers beating black people in the streets and they don't look very oppressed to me.
Maybe if people took their heads out of their bums and saw the world has moved on and black people don't always need to be sympathized with something would have been done sooner about Zimbabwe.But nooooo....people are too afraid to touch the issue.Now u have millions of refugees just like all the other countries in Africa being oppressed,not by a white man but a black dictator.

Their human!!!!They can hate,lie,cheat,steal as much as a white dude can.See no reason why they should always get special treatment because of what happened years ago.Maybe when people stop telling them they need charity and they're victims of something they didn't go through things would start getting better for Africans.They are the masters of their own universe just like all the other humans on this planet and they have alot of role models to follow.And just like everyone else they should be punished when they choose to take anothers life or when they decide to throw around some insult to another race which has happened before.But nothing happened and no one put a hand up and said stop the train...because why?because this idea that its okay..because this and that happened years ago..blah blah blah.

ITS NOT OKAY

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join