It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D holograms enter the fourth dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

3D holograms enter the fourth dimension

www.newscientist.com

Holography has just gained a fourth dimension, bringing the prospect of Star Wars-style holographic telepresence into the real world.
During its 2008 presidential election night coverage, CNN's coverage used what appeared to be holographic technology, with anchor Wolf Blitzer talking face-to-face with a virtual 3D correspondent, Jessica Yellin – but the impressive visuals were added to the camera feed rather than being projected live onto the studio floor.

By election night 2020 ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It goes on that breakthroughs are being made into holographic technology that might make real holographic telecommunication both possible and practical within a decade.

It would be great if these start-wars-like communications could become so regular that the webcam on people's laptops had an ability to do such things.

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Wow. 7 to 10 years away is not that far off for commercial applications.
I hope I am dead by then. I don't want a hologram of a maniac, martian or werewolf to chase me down the street. You know these applications are not going to be for GOOD.

Ever since Emmett Leith and Juris Upatnieks made the first laser holograms in 1963, holography has been the future of three-dimensional imaging. Once created, a hologram can be illuminated to create a pattern of light waves that replicates the light reflected by the original object, generating a 3D image without the need for special glasses.

Could this already be in operation like with the Norway Spiral and a few of the other weird sky things we see?

It is said, we will be duped by ET disclosure because we will be tantalized with a hologram of a spaceship.

That is not to say ET does not exist, only that the one we see first, pay attention to "and obey" will be a phony.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think something important to note here is that this is nowhere near full 3D mid-air projections. I can see it becoming the next-gen TV though. Maybe incorporate it in building windows to make the false appearance of an empty room, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Ask the 911 truthers. Holograms hit the WTC and even made them collapse. Apparently they have been able to do large scare holograms since 911.

Nice find though.

new topics

top topics

join