It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Oh, for chissakes!!!!

I might of known you would be there to DEBUNK any concerns of anything unusual happening weedwhacker

So you honestly don't think the force going to India is fishy? I mean honestly, if it was needed for Obama to meet with the people in power in India then they could do so in secret at a location that was mutually agreed to be benign.

This visit is like some kind of major presentation....

I just wonder what they are selling and who is the buyer???

Korg.

edit on 4-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Ho Hum

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Funny, we said the same thing but I didnt read your post before i posted...

Also...What do they do when we have a huge emergency on our hands? They relocate the president and his cabinet members to safe locations...Also heard he will have a command center there as well with nuke codes...maybe they bring that everywhere but why was it a point in the article i read?
edit on 4-11-2010 by BingeBob because: added more info

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Coconuts removed from trees in preparation for Barack Obama's India trip
India is preparing for Barack Obama's first visit to the country by removing coconuts from palm trees in Mumbai to protect the US president.
www.telegraph.co.uk... .html

All coconuts around the city's Gandhi museum, one of Mr Obama's stops in the city, are being taken down.

Mani Bhavan, where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his freedom struggle against the British, is among five places the US president is visiting in Mumbai.

Is this a joke?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
India is preparing for Barack Obama's first visit to the country by removing coconuts from palm trees in Mumbai to protect the US president.

All coconuts around the city's Gandhi museum, one of Mr Obama's stops in the city, are being taken down.

Mani Bhavan, where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his freedom struggle against the British, is among five places the US president is visiting in Mumbai.

Is this a joke?

Apparently they must be worried about coconut bombs, or coconut cameras. And they call people like US paranoid.... Jeeeeeez! Just a thought, could this be a diversion, to have a bunch of warships close enough to attack Yemen or Iran??

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hollowed out coconuts would make great IED's. Or a radio if you're traveling with The Professor and Gilligan. This is only a 3 day trip to India. It is mind boggling. Then its off to visit family in Indonesia and he'll probably grab his adoption papers in the process.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Is this a joke?

Nope, I have spent quite some time in Asia and I can tell you that the fatality rate for falling coconuts is actually higher than you may think.

Just a safety precaution

Korg.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Wait a sec -- wasn't Obama's first state dinner for India? Why can't they just invite the Indians back instead of trekking the entire entourage halfway across the globe -- did somebody steal the silverware?

[Michelle to Barack] "We've done Europe. I'm so over Spain. Where else fun can we go? Oh, I know...I still have this great Indian-inspired evening gown from the state dinner, and I'd like to get one more wearing out of it..."

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Oh, for chissakes!!!!

I might of known you would be there to DEBUNK any concerns of anything unusual happening weedwhacker

So you honestly don't think the force going to India is fishy? I mean honestly, if it was needed for Obama to meet with the people in power in India then they could do so in secret at a location that was mutually agreed to be benign.

This visit is like some kind of major presentation....

I just wonder what they are selling and who is the buyer???

Korg.

edit on 4-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Ho Hum

a strategic relationship is what they are selling. And it matters not if someone buys it or shuns it. you only have the see the US's moves from outside the US media to understand who, what, and why the US does certain things. remember that there is a reason why everyone hates the US, yet still brown noses. India is second to China. China is independent though, India needs foreign support. India is near Pakistan, a feeble US ally that everyone knows is just using the US's resources while we are still serving it to them on a silver platter. Eventually that will fall apart, and will need a new ally with great leverage in that part of the world other than China, who care only for Chinese interests. The war in the middle east has little interest to China. The commodities that are required to survive in the modern era are more interesting to China. So China won't involve itself in an American war, where although there is a lot of money to be made, there is also too much politics to be played. Why get tangled up in high paying crisis when you can have control over the crisis itself? China does not need the US as much as the US needs China. But India is nothing without America. America invests more money into India than any other country, including india itself (jk...sort of). India constantly feels threatened by Pakistan and China, and is preparing for war on both sides, while also fighting two civil wars. India has strained relations with Australia, though not volatile. Every other country other than these have little interest in India because their economies are poor or small. The US needs a nuclear ally in the region, such as Pakistan or India or China or Russia or Japan. China and Russia are out of the question. Japan wouldn't as it has place at the table to begin with, although they could. India is like the Philippines in WW2. Another base in a foreign land.
edit on 4-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hollowed out coconuts would make great IED's. Or a radio if you're traveling with The Professor and Gilligan. This is only a 3 day trip to India. It is mind boggling. Then its off to visit family in Indonesia and he'll probably grab his adoption papers in the process.

Wouldn't it be ironic, if after all the high tech protection he was done in by a coconut?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Just like weedwhacker is here to inject logic into the discussion.. I see you are here to inject.... What is it exactly that you offer?

Yes it is a very large Entourage. But the geographic location almost calls for a large force..Just like Pakistan is a base for terrorists.. I am sure that India has some Pakistani sympathisers waiting for orders to attack.

I for one, do not think he should make the trip. This money could be used to keep several schools open for several years. Is a face to face with India that important?

Is this show of solidarity with India a clear sign to Pakistan? That is exactly what it is .. IMO

This is also possible - maybe there are reports or have been some chatter picked up about an attack or attempt on the President. Canceling the trip would show India as weak and unable to protect foreign diplomats. They have probably assured the president that their state police/ security can protect him. But like any paranoid American president, he is bring a near occupying size security force.

This trip is not that important. India is not that important. By that I mean... The world isn't going to become more peacefull, or our economy isn't going to improve from this visit.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is no longer a visit, it has now escalated to being an invasion!

Would you like China to come visit you with all of these resources, blocking highways in your city, sending warships etc...???

The american taxpayers should loathe this and so should the people of India, especially Delhi where many highways will be closed all for a dictator, also this many warships is called an invasion!

Also look at the map, how close is India to Iran?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559ef9ed40a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Theses warships will be stationed where?
Also how close to Iran do you think that is?
I'm guessing between Delhi and Bombay in the Arabian Sea or Indian Ocean?
That is not too far from Yemen which is right below the Saudis to whom the U.S. is sending 60BN worth of Arms to.

This is all a show, Obama travelling to India has nothing to do with India
Imagine if you were Iran, how would you feel right now?

Imagine is North Korea came to visit Canada and broght along 34 Warships, how would Americans feel about this?
edit on 4-11-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yup,

Good observation on the strategic advantage of having India in on this.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I can see this....and, as someone else mentioned, "Why not have the Indian delegation visit the U.S. instead?"

This is all a show, Obama travelling to India has nothing to do with India
Imagine if you were Iran, how would you feel right now?

Well....make it a State Visit, with all the trimmings...and use the opportunity to enhance the military presence in the region, all with a "good excuse".

So, not really "all a show"...but, this visit is a chance to legitimize the build-up in a very valid area of concern in the world, while making the movement of assets look less "provocative".

One would think all of the Obama detractors (spring-loaded at all times to "hope he fails") could see that this is a clever move, and does indicate a level of ingenuity, perhaps, and concern for security of not only the U.S., but allies and vital resources in the region.

Not that I'm suggesting it's "clever" of Obama himself, nor that he thought of it....but shows that elements of the intelligence community ARE being proactive about impending potential threats, especially regards Iran and Al Qaeda, Taliban, etc, etc.....

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I've been sensing a back door trip into Yemen through Saudi territory for some time. There has been a concerted effort to paint a picture the Yemenis involved in the recent "bulk mail" missions aimed at targets around the world.

Geographically, Yemen would give us a nice firm foothold in the region.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Just like weedwhacker is here to inject logic into the discussion.. I see you are here to inject.... What is it exactly that you offer?

My tongue in cheek comment to weedwhacker was hopefully taken in the good will it was meant due to a difference of opinion that always appears whenever we both post on the same thread.... it was meant to be light hearted...

And to answer your question, I posed the thought that this is a presentation and that either the US is selling or indeed buying something. That this is some kind of pumped up sales event...

Not sure what they are selling or buying... Who knows maybe India is acting as an intermediary for the handing over of Osama Bin Laden???? A good way to get another term… be the president that catches Osama!!

The US suspects it to be a trap and brings the forces in... 50% of how to avoid a trap, is to know of its existence....

Yes it is a very large Entourage. But the geographic location almost calls for a large force..Just like Pakistan is a base for terrorists.. I am sure that India has some Pakistani sympathisers waiting for orders to attack.

As I pointed out earlier, if there was a need for Obama to meet the Indian establishment, they could do so in total secret in a mutually agreed place of safety.

What is happening here is we are having a huge show of force ready for any eventuality being forwarded just so Obama can do what he could have done in private for next to no cost....

I for one, do not think he should make the trip. This money could be used to keep several schools open for several years. Is a face to face with India that important?

So you can see why then I call this event as unusual?? Seeing as if it were not so important then it wouldn't happen this way anyway, it would be anything other than a seemingly "State Visit" to a friendly nation....

Is this show of solidarity with India a clear sign to Pakistan? That is exactly what it is .. IMO

That would explain the visibility issue, but don't think it's necessary... India has nukes and is a base of operations for the US anyway in many many operations.

This trip is not that important. India is not that important. By that I mean... The world isn't going to become more peacefull, or our economy isn't going to improve from this visit.

It may be more important than anything Obama has ever done, there just is no way to reconcile the force and cost with a nice walk about in a friendly country.... this is clearly anything but that....

Korg.

edit on 4-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

alllllrighty then.

edit on 093030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

alllllighty then.

My eyes!!

Wow! That is one comparison that boggles the mind. A peacemaker compared to an instigator/agitator.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

In New Delhi 80-foot-high towers are being built to keep watch on the president's movements, and the activities of the local monkey population, The Times of India reported.

Trained monkey catchers will be employed to keep the wild monkeys away from Obama.

"As several incidents of monkey-menace have been reported from the area, we are keeping a watch on the simians," a police officer said.

www.myfoxaustin.com...

suicide monkey coconut bombers?

OOPS

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just heard obama saying on the news, its clear from the polls that the people want us to focus on the ecomony and not wasting tax payers money.......$200million trip to india not a waste of money?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

2. Something happens in the US and the states is removing some of its arsenal from the American Shore in striking range of some middle east country that will be held responsible.

I was thinking the same thing.

Our carriers were out at sea when the Japanese hit Pearl Harbor. If it hadn't been for this, our entire Pacific fleet would've been mostly destroyed.

34 warships and 40 planes to protect ONE man. Obama sounds like he's head of a cartel or a kingpin. What it really sounds like he is, is a target. He's had a threat on his life that's being taken seriously and nothing about it has been made public.

I know all threats are taken seriously and many of them are empty threats but this scenerio is on the edge of strange.
edit on 4/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join