It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by maxzen2004

Thanks PatriotsPride. Looks like this was a rumor started by an Indian news agency. Check this out...

factcheck.org...

Seeems like everyone is ready to drink whatever Coolaid that suits they're party lines

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
reply to post by maxzen2004

Thanks PatriotsPride. Looks like this was a rumor started by an Indian news agency. Check this out...

factcheck.org...

Seeems like everyone is ready to drink whatever Coolaid that suits they're party lines

If you think about this whole thing, it's really scary. This was obviously bull# from jumpstreet, but the right-wing media just cross-confirmed within their little world, and untold thousands of people believed it. just like that, it's fact in some people's minds. America is about to turn into a really, really scary place to live

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

WOW! That's allot of firepower for just a simple visit! I don't even know what to think about this whole thing,no President has ever had a visit with this much resources.It almost seems like they expect something bad to happen,I gotta admit it has me a bit concerned.I know a thread already exists on the visit,but I didn't see anything about 34 warships,that's why I posted this.

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

There is much more to this visit than is being reported. We will never get at the truth from the MSM, but this visit is of historical significance and will play a big part of peace in the middle east. Obama virtually emptied the white house for this trip as well. And, he has his family with him, as I understand. Believe me when I say this isn't a simple "Asian" tour.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

It's a good thing we have people undercover and in the know of all world matters then

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

Originally posted by PatriotsPride

WOW! That's allot of firepower for just a simple visit! I don't even know what to think about this whole thing,no President has ever had a visit with this much resources.It almost seems like they expect something bad to happen,I gotta admit it has me a bit concerned.I know a thread already exists on the visit,but I didn't see anything about 34 warships,that's why I posted this.

www.ndtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

There is much more to this visit than is being reported. We will never get at the truth from the MSM, but this visit is of historical significance and will play a big part of peace in the middle east. Obama virtually emptied the white house for this trip as well. And, he has his family with him, as I understand. Believe me when I say this isn't a simple "Asian" tour.

Your high-level sources in the white house tell you that? good lord

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"Before taking off for Asia Saturday, Nov. 6, President Barack Obama ordered the Pentagon not just to beef up American and NATO military pressure on Iran but to do so as conspicuously as possible"

"In the last few days, three aircraft carriers, four nuclear submarines and marine assault units have piled up opposite Iranian shores."

"Meanwhile, the French carrier Charles de Gaulle with strike force has joined the USS Abraham Lincoln and USS Harry Truman and their strike forces in the Persian Gulf.
Three days earlier, Thursday, Tehran issued an unusual communiqué noting that a fourth nuclear submarine had been stationed opposite Iran, without further information. "

Link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
He will also be protected by a fleet of 34 warships, including an aircraft carrier witch will patrol the sea lanes off the Mumbai coast during his two day stay there beginning Saturday.The measure has been taken as Mumbai attack in 2008 took place from the sea.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
He will also be protected by a fleet of 34 warships, including an aircraft carrier witch will patrol the sea lanes off the Mumbai coast during his two day stay there beginning Saturday.The measure has been taken as Mumbai attack in 2008 took place from the sea.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cutout23

Haven't read a whole lot of the thread, have you?

Oops, second line, yadda yadda yadda.
edit on 7-11-2010 by staver because: to add second line

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutout23

What? When did this news break? Where did you hear about it? Do you have a source? If this is true, it is absolutely stunning. In the times we are in to spend the kind of money something like 34 warships must cost. Sickening. What do you think this whole operation is going to run? About $2 Billion? Scary times we live in. Hey, if you get any sources or any more details, be sure and let us know. You seem pretty on the ball and aware.
edit on 11/7/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
heres the deal with the naval security:

1. Indian Coast Guard has a plentiful amount of speed boats patrolling the coast.
2. The Indian navy has an unknown amount of ships patrolling the sea about 300-400 km from the coast of mumbai
3. The USS Peleliu sits in international waters outside mumbai vicinity, carrying attack helicopters, 3000 soldiers, and is from where the Marine One was dispatched and will eventually return.

Indian Authorities say that security for this visit is equivalent to security during and after the 26/11 attacks.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
First of all, his family is NOT in India. They may be out of the U.S. but I can assure you, they aren't in India. Secondly, there is very good reason for the security. This area is extremely unstable and volatile right now. This trip is anything but "routine".

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

How could you POSSIBLY claim to "know" this? (as was previously stated) and how is your source so trustworthy? You must have a source, because you couldn't just be making this up, which begs the question, if someone close to the president gives away all this secrets to you, who are you? AND if your willing to tell all of what your friend/source told you in confidence, how trustworthy can your story be if your so quick to betray your source of friend?

India is one of the best tourist destinations in the world, stop being so close minded, everyone's idea of a holiday doesn't involve the America's or Europe. Hell even I would like to go to India. For someone who keeps posting about propaganda and how media lies, your quick to jump on the bandwagon.

news.dawn.com...

edit on 8-11-2010 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Check this out !!! I really believe something crazy will happen this is getting scarey.......

US eyes Sunshine State for an Australian troop base

AMERICAN troops could be based in Queensland for the first time since 1945 under a new agreement to be thrashed out by January.
American Defence Secretary Robert Gates yesterday confirmed the US was beefing up its presence in the Asia Pacific as part of a ''force posture review''.

Townsville, Darwin and Stirling in Western Australia are the most likely sites for US troops to be based.

Mr Gates, speaking at a Melbourne press conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Kevin Rudd, said that the US planned to re-engage in ''a major way''.

''We are looking at an enhanced presence for the United States in Asia and not some kind of cutback,'' he said.
He stressed all decisions would be made jointly.

In a private briefing later, Mr Gates said the new agreement would mean more troop visits, ship dockings, joint training exercises and humanitarian operations conducted out of Australia.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related CoverageUS forces get nod to share our bases
Entertaining the troops
Capacity: US warship turned away from port
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Federal LNP member for Herbert Ewen Jones said Townsville had an excellent relationship with the military but residents would expect consultation.

Thuringowa MP Craig Wallace said the development of Townsville's cruise terminal would be an asset for naval ships that would ''turbo-charge'' the economy.

Premier Anna Bligh said she had not yet been approached about basing US troops in Townsville. She said it was ''entirely'' a matter for the Federal Government.

Business and civic leaders estimate visits from an American warship can equate to a $5 million windfall for the area.

They believe plans to co-locate some of the 26,000 US troops out of Okinawa into military bases in Townsville would be widely embraced by the north Queensland community.

''We like Yankees up here,'' said Metropole Hotel publican Debbie Collins. ''When an American warship is in town the girls come from everywhere.

''It would be great for business, especially for us, we are the first and last pub in and out of the port.''
AND HERE ARE SOME LINKS
www.couriermail.com.au...

www.couriermail.com.au...

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And people wonder why we conservatives
A: Won the mid-term by a staggering majority
B: Say the President spends money like it is water

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
And people wonder why we conservatives
A: Won the mid-term by a staggering majority
B: Say the President spends money like it is water

you conservatives won nothing ..it's the same people with two faces

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretshh
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Check this out !!! I really believe something crazy will happen this is getting scarey.......

US eyes Sunshine State for an Australian troop base

AMERICAN troops could be based in Queensland for the first time since 1945 under a new agreement to be thrashed out by January. American Defence Secretary Robert Gates yesterday confirmed the US was beefing up its presence in the Asia Pacific as part of a ''force posture review''.

So what's so 'scary' about it? If you don't know your geo-strategic beans, an alliance is being put in place consisting of India - Australia - America - Japan, as a hedge against China's increasing assertiveness in the Indian Ocean area. A counter balancing strategy.

So relax!! Don't worry. Be Happy!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here was something I found interesting this morning. I stumbled across it while checking out the photos of the visit on The Daily Mail website.

The First Lady tried on a beaded necklace at the National Crafts Museum and ended up buying an armful of bracelets, perhaps for daughters Sasha and Malia, who did not come along on the trip to Asia

Source (it is 3/4 of the way down on the page, as a caption to a photo.)

I thought there was a last minute change to take the daughters with them?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I thought there was a last minute change to take the daughters with them?

Yep! They had exams.

And I believe she went on a shopping spree and ran out of greenbacks! Jeeez!
Don't first ladies carry enough for buying Christmas gifts?
Never mind if millions are out of jobs and living on food coupons back home!

edit on 9-11-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by teacup27
and this administration always tells the truth -- doncha know it.

Of course not. They are obviously nothing but a bunch of low life, two bit liars.

Now this completely unnamed source none of you know anything about, now that person is someone we all know we can trust. Hell, just the fact that what they are reporting does not even make sense to anyone that can do math should tell you how reliable this source is, right?

Wait, why do we believe this source again?

Because one should never question the sincerity of someone who would spell "which" with a t

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join