It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

34 warships sent from US for Obama visit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

EDIT: i see there are a lot of people who don't have info on his trip to India. I'm an american living in India, and this visit is massive news for the country. You would think there would be widespread bonanza in the media,

Hardly even talking about it over here.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by PatriotsPride

this president is losing his mind. stories like these, which are undeniably true, just add more credence to the 'white house insider' stories about how obama is suffering from some sort of frightening fatique/mental illness? i just hope whatever is going on in this guy's head he either gets it treated or we gather enough information as the public to impeach him before he does something that's unfixable.

Well, maybe so, but it could also be stated that the American public is losing their minds by continuing to allow this to happen and for being so incredibly gullible that they haven't even seen beyond the two party sham as witnessed by the recent election results.

I have to say, the results are depressing.....what will it take?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Now that's a scary thought!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
i read about how india have basically admitted to UFOs being real?

Have you ever read the Hindu stories ... the Vedas? Full of UFOs. The 'gods' had dog fights in the UFOs and the people of that area watched. It's part of the religion of the area. Ask a Hindu from over there about UFOs. They'd probably say 'duh! we've known it for centuries'

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

People are to complacent,until it affects their lives in a major way,it will be the same old thing!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
reply to post by wcitizen

People are to complacent,until it affects their lives in a major way,it will be the same old thing!

What choice do we have?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
FlyersFan
i will have to have a look into that. I was unaware of that, its intresting tho i just dont see why its a big cover up in england and america and other countries

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
youve got to forge a road where there is none. but why do that?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice so Obama has turned into Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Kayne West with an entourage of thousands and insane money wasted?

Is this on top of the 200million a day? What is this costing?

Does he really need to go there? This whole trip is ridiculously expensive, do we even have money for this?!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
Does anyone actually know whys hes even going there?

I have spent days trying to ferret out the answer to that question. Most are just saying to build relations. I did find something on the New York Times website this morning.

If in the coming decades India can reform its governance — a big if, admittedly — then its model of democratic growth might ultimately prove more flexible, and therefore more resilient, than China’s top-down, state-centric approach. For the United States, what’s most striking about the Indian model is the extent to which it embodies values — free enterprise, democracy, equal opportunity — traditionally associated with the United States. This confluence of values represents the true foundation of Indian-U.S. ties.

It also represents something of an opportunity for the United States. If the Indian model gains widespread currency, if it starts being adopted by other nations as a viable path to development, then that could ultimately enhance the United States’ own influence and soft power around the world.

Washington’s true strategic interest doesn’t just lie in forging closer security or trade links with India. It lies in India’s potential to spread American values.

/www.nytimes.com

So according to this view, India could be used as a model (free enterprise, democracy, equal opportunity) for other countries in Asia.
--------------------------------
As for the force that is traveling with the president......

At first I thought something fishy was up, but now everyone is speculating on why the heck he is traveling with such extravagance. I've even read that Rush Limbaugh talked about it, wondering if they were coming back. With that much press, if something happens, they will have shown their hand. But then again, the MSM hasn't had much to say about it, so who knows?

Maybe it is all is just a big show of power.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Seriously, they have these new inventions called Video Conferences and TV phones. He may even have hologram technology. I can't see how anyone in their right mind can justify this trip and wasted resources. If you are a liberal just think of the pollution and carbon offsets! This Obama trip probably raised the global temp .0003 nano degrees Celsius.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
heard it for the first time today, on hannity.

the dem on the panel started talking about jobs and bob berkel deflected the whole thing.

i was disapointed in H. i bet tomorrow he will dig in to this.

where colter when you need her?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wish I had that answer..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Oh, for chissakes!!!!

news.bbc.co.uk...

Bush the 43rd. 2003. Visit to the UK. (Major difference, in terms of Navy defenses is, the British Royal Navy can be trusted to augment the U.S. security concerns).

Can you say the same about the (cough, cough) Indian "navy"???

You DO realize where Pakistan is, right? In relation (geographically) to India?

You DO realize what is happening, in that part of the world?

You DO realize that the levels of security, for U.S. Presidents when they travel, is not unusual, but in many cases is enhanced because of the locations visited? Gee, whiz.......

Ya know.....IF (in an alternate universe) John McCain had won the election n 2008, do you think the level of security for HIM would be any different, for the same itinerary? What would be different, is the extreme right-wing NOISE MACHINE wouldn't be stirring people up. I know the article isn't from that source, but you must admit the FAKE "outrage" is being instigated from the same sorts who will take any opportunity to inflame their "base". Counting on the lemming-like tendency to just get "mad as hell", right on cue. Sad.
edit on 4 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Nice so Obama has turned into Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Kayne West with an entourage of thousands and insane money wasted?

Is this on top of the 200million a day? What is this costing?

Does he really need to go there? This whole trip is ridiculously expensive, do we even have money for this?!

Now that's funny!

The massive entourage addiction is what knocked MC Hammer down from his orbit. His music and pants may have been involved in that collapse also
Maybe this is Obama's last hurrah!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Seriously, they have these new inventions called Video Conferences and TV phones. He may even have hologram technology. I can't see how anyone in their right mind can justify this trip and wasted resources. If you are a liberal just think of the pollution and carbon offsets! This Obama trip probably raised the global temp .0003 nano degrees Celsius.

i was thinking the same thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In view of this seemingly whacky trip and the current state of affairs in the US....

I am going to sharpen my knives and clean my guns this weekend.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I understand that we need to protect the president at all costs but why does he need to bring 3000 people from his administration with him???

India has said that they will not allow anyone except for his personal guards to be armed over there. The state police will provide the other security.

FlyersFan, I really appreciate your comments and ideas about a possible huge disaster coming and the president and vital cabinet members being "evacuated" to india. I hadnt thought of that until you said it.

Gotta clean my guns when i get home...
edit on 4-11-2010 by BingeBob because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh yes,I do realize the points that you have made,but it does not constitute this kind of fire power for just one man,considering the situation in that part of the world and our financial situation here at home,it would only make since that the President did not go on this venture for many reasons.Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

He's also taking 40 aircraft and 6 armored vehicles, over 3000 personnel, and his family...Hmmm...

Obama visit to India the 'biggest ever by a US President'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join