It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff attacked as young offenders run riot.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yesterday there was a second incident of young offenders running riot at an institution here in the UK.

Several prison officers have been attacked during disturbances at two young offenders' institutions.

A woman prison officer suffered a fractured jaw in an attack at Moorland Young Offenders' Institution in Hatfield Woodhouse, near Doncaster.

There have also been disturbances at Warren Hill in Woodbridge, Suffolk, and all 138 inmates may have to be moved because a set of keys has been stolen.

The overnight incidents are not believed to be linked.

The Ministry Of Justice (MOJ) said a fight broke out at Moorland at 1900 GMT on Tuesday and 42 inmates refused to return to their cells.

Source: Staff attacked as young offenders run riot

Not a major incident by some accounts, but i bring this thread up after listening to some lads talking down the pub last night. Late teens i would have guessed them to be, they were discussing thier time inside, from the sounds of it, a young offenders place in London.

It was as though they were describing a holiday. One of the lads even talked of him maybe ending up inside again due to some ongoing investigation, but said he was "looking forward to going to a particular institution."

This led to a big discussion with me and some mates over the rights prisoners have, whether they should have any etc. The luxuries they get in prison, why should someone who is in for a crime, get more than we have to work for outside?

Prisoners seem to be treated with kid gloves. These lads last night talked of a couple of thier frinds that were in the middle of a law suit against the prison service. Not due to some assault charge from prison staff of anything like that, it was because they had had privileges removes....internet and the likes because they had been fighting with other inmates!

The article above says that the street gangs we see outside are regrouping in prison. Thats something i know happens worldwide. The thought of the gobby little chav on the street corner with his mums kitchen knife getting any privileges inside, totaly does my head in.

I am very old school when it comes to this issue. If you end up in prison IMO, it should be a place where you never ever want to return to. I'm not talking about prisoner ill-treatment or staff brutality, but i would like to see prisoners working thier time inside with minimal rights. Not having more than law abiding people outside.

Your thoughts on the issue? Am i just getting old?

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now the rioting has gone on for a third night, and has spread to an adult facility...

Inmates at a prison in Yorkshire have been involved in a third night of rioting, the Prisons Service has said.

After two nights of disturbances in Moorlands Young Offenders' Institution, the unrest has spread to an adult facility on the same site in Doncaster.

Third Night Of Rioting In Doncaster Prison

Personaly, i'm all for sending in a couple of the local regiments to kick seven bails out of these little scrotes.

People like this deserve no rights IMO.

The cost of this damage and extra security personnel will come straight out of the taxpayers pocket, not the idiots that did this.

The riot was prompted when a number of inmates were prevented from having free and unfettered access to the telephone and leisure facilities following incidents of alleged bullying of other juveniles, the POA said.

Not to worry, i'm sure they'll get these facilities back again once all this is over.

Shouldn't have them in the first damn place!

CX.

join