It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GOD" made us to be stupid? NO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Tree of knowledge is bad = knowledge = NO!
LESSON #1: Be ignorant and stupid??

Is the context in this regard not in reference to outside sources of knowledge? Does that not mean that info outside of such compendium not therefore from outside sources?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It was not simply the ‘Tree of knowledge” but rather the “Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil”. This simply means that man chose to live under the “Law” rather then under “Grace”.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
What would imply living under the grace? Why would a choice such as that be chosen over the other ? Unless the people that were there knew something that we do not. "We" as "us" have not made that decision. I cannot live under the laws nor other the rules of others, as I had NO vote.

To me, my choice is as important, as someones of thousands of years ago. I will not and have not lived my life as it was preordained, but as my choice, my consequence.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is the context in this regard not in reference to outside sources of knowledge? Does that not mean that info outside of such compendium not therefore from outside sources?

It simply means you will fall for what others teach you. You will give authority to sources outside of yourself. That's what schools, universities, Television, books etc. are for. Society is the manipulation you are under. Teaching you useless knowledge and making you care about senseless stuff. All you need to know is already implemented in yourself. You just have to access it. The problem is everytime you look into yourself and find a piece of truth and want to use it everybody around you will at once try to lead you astray from it.

The knowlegde from outside sources is not evil ... there is no such thing as evil or good - only positive feedback and negative feedback. It becomes evil if you think that knowlegde to be real and act according to that knowledge and implement it into your existence and go with the manipulated dead crowd.

The story of the tree of knowledge and Adam, Eve and the snake tells you a lot about authority.

The snake tells Eve to eat the fruit. She does it and gives it to Adam who eats it as well. So who's to blame? Adam and Eve. See what happens if you eat from the tree of knowledge: Eve says "the snake gave it to me". And Adam says "the woman gave it to me".

Who told Adam to listen to Eve?
Who told Eve to listen to the snake?
They both gave authority to someone who has no authority over them. They were meant to take care for themselves.

So what does everybody do when they're caught doing something wrong? Do they say "woah # my fault" or do they say "BUT ... [put in your favourite excuse for not taking responsibility for your life - you know a million at least]".

Btw. even after eating from the tree of knowledge both Adam and Eve had the power to say "nice try with that fruit but we were wrong Lord" but they didn't. Everybody has the same power today.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
What would imply living under the grace?

The Grace of God is a tough thing to define, but its basically being sanctified by God.

Why would a choice such as that be chosen over the other ?

It was actually the only way to continue fellowship with God. Adam and Eve were tricked into believing that they would be more LIKE God, and be CLOSER to God through trying to live by the same rules that God lives. The problem is that as we are not God, we cannot live up to his perfect standard, and fail when we try and live by the Law. That means we sin by breaking the law, and God cannot allow us into his presence.

I cannot live under the laws nor other the rules of others, as I had NO vote.

You get no vote, that is just part of being a lesser being then your creator. You're trying to measure God by mans ruler, and that's just not possible to do. Basically, anything that is not of God, is less perfect then God, and therefore sinful under the law. Its kind of like Yin and Yang, its either of one side or the other, there is no third area between the two, yet grace allows us to be on the light side, even though we deserve to be on the dark side.

Very difficult thing to grasp, and even harder to explain, so I hope that makes sense.

To me, my choice is as important, as someones of thousands of years ago.

And thanks to God you have that choice again. When man contaminated himself with sin, he was no longer allowed into the presence of God. Simple mathematics will tell you that as God is infinitely perfect, our sins inversely become infinitely imperfect, a debt that a lesser being cannot pay off. So God sent Christ here to pay that debt for us, now we can chose to accept grace again. So basically right now you get to make the choice you are claiming you never got to make.

I will not and have not lived my life as it was preordained, but as my choice, my consequence.

Well like it or not, and whether you accept God and Christ or not, it matters little as to predestination. Your life is predestined anyway you slice it. People sometimes refer to it by various other names such as fate, synchronicity, coincidence, or whatever, but it all means the same thing… Predestination.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

What would imply living under the grace?

The Grace of God is a tough thing to define, but its basically being sanctified by God.

Why would a choice such as that be chosen over the other ?

It was actually the only way to continue fellowship with God. Adam and Eve were tricked into believing that they would be more LIKE God, and be CLOSER to God through trying to live by the same rules that God lives. The problem is that as we are not God, we cannot live up to his perfect standard, and fail when we try and live by the Law. That means we sin by breaking the law, and God cannot allow us into his presence.

I cannot live under the laws nor other the rules of others, as I had NO vote.

You get no vote, that is just part of being a lesser being then your creator. You're trying to measure God by mans ruler, and that's just not possible to do. Basically, anything that is not of God, is less perfect then God, and therefore sinful under the law. Its kind of like Yin and Yang, its either of one side or the other, there is no third area between the two, yet grace allows us to be on the light side, even though we deserve to be on the dark side.

Very difficult thing to grasp, and even harder to explain, so I hope that makes sense.

To me, my choice is as important, as someones of thousands of years ago.

And thanks to God you have that choice again. When man contaminated himself with sin, he was no longer allowed into the presence of God. Simple mathematics will tell you that as God is infinitely perfect, our sins inversely become infinitely imperfect, a debt that a lesser being cannot pay off. So God sent Christ here to pay that debt for us, now we can chose to accept grace again. So basically right now you get to make the choice you are claiming you never got to make.

I will not and have not lived my life as it was preordained, but as my choice, my consequence.

Well like it or not, and whether you accept God and Christ or not, it matters little as to predestination. Your life is predestined anyway you slice it. People sometimes refer to it by various other names such as fate, synchronicity, coincidence, or whatever, but it all means the same thing… Predestination.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The choice of making a right decision is FALSE! We do not and have not had that decision EVER! You have to account for yourself and your actions, and there will be NO point in you life that can make that different.

The only difference between myself and others... is I am aware of that choice. Those that choose to follow religion think that there is a middle man. There is NOT! You have deal with what you have done and you have to deal with your decisions.

We have been proven time and time again that religion is false, but that has not stopped those who believe otherwise. There will be a time and place for everything.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

The choice of making a right decision is FALSE! We do not and have not had that decision EVER! You have to account for yourself and your actions, and there will be NO point in you life that can make that different.

I am not exactly following what your trying to say here.
I will at least say that you cannot account for yourself, as you cannot repay even a single sin. As I stated above a paying a single sin is an infinite debt beyond a humans ability to pay off. You can only pay it off by acceptance of Grace through the sacrifice of God himself to pay that debt on your behalf.

The only difference between myself and others... is I am aware of that choice. Those that choose to follow religion think that there is a middle man. There is NOT! You have deal with what you have done and you have to deal with your decisions.

There is no middleman; there is God and his creation. You still have to deal with the earthly consequences of your actions no matter if you’re a Christian or not, however as a Christian your actions are forgiven and not held against you in the life to come.

Again, your losing me a bit on what you’re getting at here and its relevance? Maybe I am just getting a bit too tired.

We have been proven time and time again that religion is false, but that has not stopped those who believe otherwise. There will be a time and place for everything.

Its never been proven that religion is false in any way shape or form, except in the minds of those who absolutely have hardened their hearts and will hate religion no matter what.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well we were created in his image, god was a bumbling idiot.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Damnit, double post
edit on 4-11-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

God did not make us, at least not me. My parents made me. Evolution made us and along the way we are getting smarter all the time. A miracle of nature, for sure, but God had nothing to do with it. Apart from that, you are missing a vital point here: it was not just the tree of knowledge; it was the tree of knowledge of good and evil, i.e. a very specific knowledge that has to do with ethics ... In some regards, ignorance is bliss ... and the meak shal inherit the (new and improved) earth ...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Now we're getting somewhere. Is knowledge of "evil", something that you should be punished for?

Why was the tree there?How is this not self-fulfilling prophesy on gods part?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I personally dont view animals who live on Earth as stupid. They dont have wars that harm Terra when they have misunderstandings. They dont absorb harmful foods chemically modified or other non natural products. Just so they need medical attention in their elder day from all the exposure. Basically they are perfect. So is it really hard to see this negative effects of this knowledge. Plus we were only given this knowledge to be able to communicate and take orders from those who gave us this mental upgrade. They didnt give it to us for our benefit as a species. Many must understand this.
edit on 11/4/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It is interesting that humans are creatures of order and law and rules. I think perhaps the story of the tree of knowledge is a metaphor for our transition to such a state of mind. The "original humans" were native beasties that lived in balance and harmony with their surroundings without the need for rules. Nature had a set of dos and don'ts that were pretty straight forward and one did not need to have an opinion or conciense to tell the differance.

At some point, we "ate from the tree" and developed a concsience and started developing rules and laws because of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Now we're getting somewhere. Is knowledge of "evil", something that you should be punished for?

Why was the tree there?How is this not self-fulfilling prophesy on gods part?

Look at it this way -- the tree was the first "test" of free will, and man behaved predictably.

"Don't do this one thing."
"But I wanna!" and then goes off and does it.

I heard something the other day that puzzled me a bit, and I suspect it comes down to one's perception of God. I have always considered the First and Second Covenants (the Law and Christ) to be "solutions" to the problem of the Fall. How we fix the whole problem of original sin.

That seems reasonable, but there is also a belief, called Supralapsarianism, which holds that the glorification of God is what everything is all about, and that our salvation, through the Law or through Christ, is the ultimate glorification, the ultimate surrender to the grace and power that is God.

To that end, God caused the Fall to happen, intentionally, in order that the glorification of salvation would be possible. To me, that seems a bit off, but I'm not a Calvinist, and this is a radical view, even for the Calvinists. See Lapsarianism for a somewhat confusing overview.
edit on 4-11-2010 by adjensen because: clarification

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
God made us stupid so we'd use our war machines to develop the technology we need to overcome fear, unite, and evolve.
edit on 4-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I for one am glad for knowledge, it let me know the name of the second antichrist. taking A as the base number 100 then B as 101 e.t.c .... H - I -T - L - E - R .... the H = 107 I = 108 T = 119 L = 111 E = 104 R = 117 ... Let him that hath understanding recon the number of the B E A S T for it is the number of a man, and His number is 6 6 6

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dont forget to ADD the numbers together

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

The 2nd antichrist? What bible are you reading? Go back and read it again, please.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People, we should realize that maybe we are NOT created by God, but by demons. I know it sounds crazy, but If people are made by God why are they so evil to each other and the planet? I think that animals and plants were created by God, but people came here from outer space and started occupying the Earth and torturing its animals and nature.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think that the idea of "knowledge" in this particular sense is the archaic usage for the word "knowledge". Which is to have carnal knowledge of. To "know" evil as in to have first hand physical "knowledge" of it.....
Carnal

in or of the flesh; bodily; material or worldly, not spiritual

SOURCE
But, I could be wrong.

top topics

join