It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 slit experiment explained, Planck's constant is irrelevant, particle / wave duality reconciled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This guy's series is getting crazy. There's another thread about the whole series... but I am making this thread to talk about ONLY the implications of the 2 slit experiment explanation, deriving planck's constant, and how photons only gain their packet like energy after slowing down when absorbed by an atom, much like a tsunami.

And there is math that proves ALL of what he says... At the end it says the next segment will show how to derive this speed of transition from first principles... Although it also explains why the fine structure constant is dimensionless, because its a ratio of 2 speeds... The speed of transition equals the speed of light over 2times the fine structure, but the math is circular until he shows us how to derive the speed of transition from first principles, so i can't wait. (ok maybe i'm a nerd lol).

This video starts deriving Planck's constant, and produces Einsteins photoelectric effect without Planck.

This one, the first few minutes are just him complaining... like the first 3 minutes.. Then he explaines why they are using the plate capacitor equations to calculate the capacitance of a photon, and gives an overview of the 2 slit experiment.

This one gives the explanation for the 2 slit experiment, and the explanation for why the photon has a width used in calculating the capacitance of the compressed transitional photon.

I think all of this makes sense... Discuss.

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: changed title

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: cuz im anal retentive

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: title was messed up

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Haven't had time to watch past episode 12 so far.

The single biggest problem I had with the videos was that they didn't properly explain why Frank was using the capacitance formula.

So I'm looking forward to hearing an explanation.

EDIT - That being said, I was very impressed by what I did hear. This is more tangible and better supported than most of the "crazy" theories that come through here.

It is actually worth a watch, and Frank's paper is worth a read as well. Some people were claiming they couldn't find it, but if you just search for his name "Frank Znidarsic" the paper shows up, and you can read it for free in pdf.

Please understand I'm being hyper-skeptical of this. It actually sounds very good to me, but I am finding problems wherever I can. This hypothesis is worth some careful scrutiny by experts, but it would be a mistake to jump to any conclusions. I'm still confused by his use of formulas, and I am wary of potential unit manipulation. His math is sound; there are no problems with his significant digits, or values or anything... but math is just a tool. You can use math to prove anything if you disregard the physical meaning of mathematical symbols. In the end, I really can't pass judgment on the physics. I don't know enough.

edit on 4-11-2010 by RedBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

He spends 30 minutes explaining it in part 13 and 14.... A photon really does take on the geometry of a capacitor during the transitional state!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Skepticism is good... What part are you having a problem with? It's hard to think that the compacted photon is a capacitor.. But the explanation of a tsunami scrunching up, forming the wave packet makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

Plus it really does seem like a photon has the properties of a capacitor, once it's collapsed anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Ok I just watched parts 13 and 14.

That was explained very well.

I have to say, I came out feeling much more curious than I went in.

There is something to this. But I need to see where Vt comes from, and it needs to make sense.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
GAHH!! This dude is killin' me with re-uploading videos.. The NEW link for part 12:

Lord knows what what he changed, but I'm not gonna get mad... Obviously he wants them perfect. I don't blame him... This stuff will be in the history books, one day, I think.

And in reply to you, Vt comes from 2 things:

it is the speed of light over 2times the fine structure constant, which explains why the fine structure constant is dimensionless: it's a ratio of 2 speeds. And also Vt can be derived from first principles as the speed of sound within the nucleus.

That is the key component of franks work, that the impedance matching required to transfer 100% energy from mechanical state (electron orbiting) to electromagnetic state (photon), necessitates a matching of the speed of light and the speed of sound. Of course this can only be achieved through force equalization, namely through the magnetic components of gravitomagnetism and electromagnetism.
edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: Added reply

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
All that's missing is the vehicle to drive said waves...

"Love moves from image to frontier." -Americanist

Image: Mathematics . the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.

to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form...

Frontier: Mathematics . the collection of all points of a given set having the property that every neighborhood of each point contains points in the set and in the complement of the set.

the limit of knowledge or the most advanced achievement in a particular field...

Americanists

You'll find Universal Theory inside the blog (On our faces...).

As additional reference (youtube or google search terms):

Dale Pond - Keely, SVP
Marko Rodin - (look for a 44pt Lecture Series) Vortex Math Model
Nassim Haramein - Vector Based Geometry

Have at it!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Now part 13 in the OP is broken too... But to his credit, the music is MUCH better now.

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: spellingz

edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: bad link

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"how photons only gain their packet like energy after slowing down when absorbed by an atom, much like a tsunami."

Ah, at last, an actual physical prediction!

Naturally, it's wrong.

en.wikipedia.org...

Compton scattering shows that a photon-electron interaction proceeds with both photons & electrons having energy & momentum.

Compton scattering does not require bound electrons though that is the easiest way to get a large density of them.
edit on 4-11-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

The photon electron interaction is what collapses the wave functions and gives them particle like properties... How exactly does this prove the theory wrong?

Can you measure a wave function without collapsing it? NO! It's not possible.

The youtube dude clearly explained that its not simply the act of transition thats the only type of electron photon interaction. He never said they had to be bound....

So what's your point?
edit on 4-11-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: added something

new topics

top topics

join