It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New reality: Obama, GOP talk compromise, conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
By DAVID ESPO, AP Special Correspondent David Espo, Ap Special Correspondent

WASHINGTON – A chastened President Barack Obama signaled a new willingness to yield to Republican demands on tax cuts and jettisoned a key energy priority on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after he and fellow Democrats absorbed election losses so severe he called them a shellacking.

But he bluntly swept aside any talk of repeal of his signature health care law — right after the House Speaker-in-waiting, Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, vowed Republicans would do everything they could to wipe the legislation off the books.

new reality

"New reality." I have been hearing this phrase all day on all the networks from my point of view this changes nothing this so-called repudiation of the current figurehead and the "liberal" wing of the Republicratic party is nothing more than a set change in a play.I do feel sorry for Rand Paul he's gonna be hamstrung just like his father in the house the Tea Party won't be the answer that so many in the general public hope for.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Largest turnover in the Congress since 1948 I think it was, and what is the liberal pundits and the Democrats response?

They blame Palin for the Republicans not getting the Senate also. They actually have the gall to state this.

They say the Republicans are now going to have to compromise. Are these people insane?

They state that the Democrats compromised over the last two years. What, do they not remember Obama saying "Who Won".

I hope the Democrats continue their stupidity. They will go the way of the Whigs and go down in history as the warped minds they are.

new topics

join