It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your pantry telling you something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Not really sure if this goes in this section so I would like to apologize in advance if that is the case.

I picked up a few cans of soup this afternoon when I went to the local store. I was putting them up in the pantry and found several older cans that worked their way to the back of the pantry that had been temporarily "lost". The good new is I now have 12 cans of soup lol.

As I was moving stuff around I mixed all them up and was going to pull the older ones to the front so I could eat those first. As I was organizing the cans I noticed that they all had use by dates of no later then 12/2012. This kind of intrigued me.

I started looking on the dates of the other stuff in the pantry and nothing had a use by date later then 12/2012. Not one single item. Everything from soup, peanut butter, dried wasabi peas, canned fruits, vegetables had a use by date of no later then 12/2012. I have literally torn my pantry apart looking at dates and nothing has a date latter then 2012 on it.

Look at your food and see if the same is true for you. Is this just coincidental or do you think this maybe part of a program to condition people? I just find it strange that all my food in my pantry do not go past 2012.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

I have found a few items that run into 2013 but not many. I have noticed that the Kroger sales recently on soup and fruit are all still 2011 & 2012 dates. Looks like they have a very large inventory of older stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
only thing my pantry is telling me is..
"ahmose, you are poor, dude".
lol

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Stuff goes bad, AI sauce last a bit, the one in my fridge is till 2013.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything in my pantry past 2012.

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll check again.

There may be nothing to it though. Canned food is suppose to be good for 2 years, and this is 2010. So maybe by 2011 we'll see 2013 canned food.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have a can of chili that says 2013. All the soup is 2011.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I've got cat food, canned ham, sardines, corned beef all 2013

And another cabinet is FULL of freeze dried and dehydrated food that will last 5 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
get you a bottle of pepsi or mt.dew check out there dew dates. iv had one with a due date in the 2100s or higher. ill find a bottle in the morning at put the right due date on here

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I have Kidney Beans that expire June 2013, Butter Beans August 2013 and Pear Halves April 2013.
A lot of other stuff runs out in 2011 / 12 though.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by strafgod

oops meant to say a glass bottle of pepsi or mt.dew. i have no way of editing on the mobile ats

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well depending on what type of food it is, depends on how long it will last. Especially when it comes to canned goods. I read somewhere that foods with a high acidic content do not last as long as those with a lower acidic content. Good food for survival that you can pick up in any grocery store; Navy Beans, Pinto Beans, Rice, Pasta, Oats, Trail Mix, Popcorn (not the microwaveable kind), Granola Bars, Honey, Dried Fruit, Canned Peas, Canned Carrots, Canned soup without tomatoes in it, Vienna Sausages, and of course SPAM! I would also buy a couple bottles of alcohol just for good measure!
edit on 5-11-2010 by TorqueyThePig because: Grammar

join