It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to make of these daylight objects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

It doesn't appear to be photoshopped if you run it through this error level analyser link

Ahem Dave..remembering posting that in the thread I'm talking about|?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yes. I said it wasn't photoshopped, and I still say it wasn't photoshopped, unless of course you believed the claim that the poster was one of the "worlds top photoshop experts" which strangley enough I didn't

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Aren't you confusing GiftofProphercy with the guy who actually faked the pic who was L1U2C3I4F5E6R. Giftofprophery had a spat with me over editing audio, apparently he's an expert and was one of the the programmers on the app i use for that as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
No L1U2C3I4F5E6R started making claims in the thread like

There are a handful of people at best in Europe that can do that sort of work. In the states the ones that can are employed on the side by the US gov. Period.

you have no idea what software is used to fill in missing data as by using the limited data available. My techniques are mine. But everyone has a sig.

and this was coming from someone that didn't even know how to resize a picture when they joined ATS a few months earlier.

Anyway this isn't getting us any further along with your picture

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Clearly look like balloons when you enlarge the image by saving it to your own computer and then opening it with the paint program

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I saw these THINGS like 5am in the morning in east london, These Aerial objects are not kites or RC planes. By the way I do make RC planes from scratch but these these objects are just too fast. The one i saw was a three dimensional triangular object and flying silently last week. Too bad I didnt have a camera with me at the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There's a strong possibility that those objects were pasted in the photo, the black spot near the top right corner of the photo shows different JPEG artefacts, making me think that the JPEG artefacts around the "UFOs" were not created at the same time.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So now we are making fake Balloon photos? :wow

Must be a slow day in the UFO field

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As I'm not that enamoured with the Aliens and UFO's area of ATS anymore, I shall be VERY brief.

1. JPEG artefacts occur on 8 and 16 pixel multiples. Do a little counting. Notice anything? It's not conclusive (especially not when the image is possibly resized and of such dreadful quality..

2. An OVER-compressed image like this will trigger false 'positives' on that image analysis thingy.

bybye

PS One of these days I'll get back to that Lucifer thread debacle and finish tearing it to pieces.. might have time this weekend..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Further statement from the person who took the picture

i took the photos on an olympus fe-350 wide [8.0 megapixel] camera.the aircraft was a civilian one as we are on a civilian air path,and quite close to ards air field! i see quie a lot of civilian planes as you can imagine but i have never seen anything like this .

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Further statement from the person who took the picture

i took the photos on an olympus fe-350 wide [8.0 megapixel] camera.the aircraft was a civilian one as we are on a civilian air path,and quite close to ards air field! i see quie a lot of civilian planes as you can imagine but i have never seen anything like this .

Did you email him, or is there a report on that site that you are not linking to?
Why is the image 1024x768 and exif-less, from what is a reasonably decent 8Mp compact?
Did he not think that putting his camera into MOVIE mode might have been useful to back up the claims about movement?
Looks like two small groups of birds to me, and my interest has now run out completely...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I asked him on the comments section under the report of the sighting and that was his reply. The site can be a little slow as each comment has to be sanctioned by the someone from the site.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ah, I see you did link to the report in the op - I only saw the jpg link (senile eyesight..!) - my apologies.

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Anyway, far too little to go on, no original image and the image we do have is horribly overcompressed, hence the jpeg block artifacts..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So now we are making fake Balloon photos? :wow
Must be a slow day in the UFO field

That's sort of my reaction, too. If I wanted to fake a UFO photo, I sure would try my best not to make it look like just a bunch of balloons. That would display a serious lack of imagination.

Otherwise we have a photo of what looks like balloons, and a story.

Put them all together and they spell...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join