It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spetsnaz Poster!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A. i wouldnt say hundereds of thousands
B. yes it was the dark days of the emipire and i am glad we dont have an empire anymore.
C. browha's comment was a bit harsh but just, frankly we shuld recieve no less from anyone.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
why are you telling me i need to learn other cultures look at you bringing up the fast food thing give it a rest and dont believe what you hear on TV is not as bad as they say not every one in the US is over weight.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey, I've been to more countries than you can name.
Every single one of them have an American fast food restuarant.
And if you look at the proportion of fat people in America to the proportion of 'normal' people, you'll see it's probably three times more than anywhere else in the world

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are American fast food restaurants in other countries but they are there to make money and some people here in the US don't want to be overweight. But its a good thing that our soldiers aren't overweight that would be a disaster.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You were saying?
lol only joking =) Tried a quick google
Anyway I'm stopping this stupid pathetic talk now, we've gone way off topic

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
There are American fast food restaurants in other countries but they are there to make money and some people here in the US don't want to be overweight. But its a good thing that our soldiers aren't overweight that would be a disaster.

by 2010 2/3 [66%] amers will be obese, but anyway, lets get back to the topic

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That�s not the military I have seen shows on TV where they monitor the weight of every soldier and only give them food that is high on protein but not sugars or fat its a good thing they do that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So you've only seen TV show...
Obiesity mostly starts when the person is still a kid. Normally this happens while the kid is is still fairly young. But it becomes most obvious by the time their in middle school or high school because then you can't say its puppy fat. That and its easier to tell the difference between fat and muscle. But at least more people are doing those crazy weight loss diets. Subway eat fresh! But back on subject the reasons Spetsnaz is tougher than US spec forces is because correct me if I'm wrong but Russia is a harder country to grow up in. Its probably more natural since in Russia more people have to do actual physical labor. That and McDonalds isn't as big out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think the reason they are better is that they are not required to be accountable. They do not have a transparent govt. held accountable by the people. This means that when they take down drug dealers or terrorists they break laws and rules of engagement. The crims know this and it puts the fear of god in em. But we must as law enforcers and soldiers act within the law we are enforcing. Its only right that we are accountable.
If we did take the gloves off though things would be a peace of cake. We too could look awesome.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
That would do it. Of course thats what 3rd Ecelon is for.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I know that's what gets me angry because the US citizens want to be protected from terrorists but they complain we have treated the terrorist too bad or we broke the law ourselves and these terrorist could care less about the US citizens but we bend over back wards to treat them fair
there is a reason for the saying -don't bite the hand that feeds you-

[edit on 2-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
For once I agree with you Westpoint. Like I said before try something like that and people call you racist, warmonger etc. Its so bad to do this sort of thing the Dept. of Defense has to keep things secret from the people it has to protect. Its kinda like peter parker cant tell hes actually spider-man.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Heres a link to a nice spetsnaz page. It has history, training, weapons everything. Its really cool.
www.spetsnaz.com.br...

BTW if i'm correct then west point would have only graduated this year or last year so I doubt hes going to be an officer.

[edit on 6/30/2004 by cyberdude78] Sorry I'm having typing difficulties

[edit on 6/30/2004 by cyberdude78] I should really take a typing class.

[edit on 7/2/2004 by cyberdude78]

Don't take anything that you've read on that site seriously, the guy (Viktor Suvorov) that wrote most of that BS is a known poser.

Here are some good posts that you can read about Spetsnaz, most of it was written by a former SpN GRU operator.
www.militaryphotos.net...

have a good one.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Terrorism is a sickness. Meet the doctors.

Out,
Russian

1 more:

Terrorism is a sickness. Doctor Came

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Don�t these guys ever wear gloves it helps sometimes and don't they were body armor or get some good guns or some high tech stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
high tech ain't always the best way to go. it has it's advantages and disadvantages.

i too agree with just about everyone else in that you westpoint need to open up. we are not here to bash you but simply give you a second perspective on your behavior and thoughts. you contro; yourself though so unless it matters to you don't listen.

earlier in the thread someone said many americans are fat but where I live that's isn't true. the media says 1/3 of all americans are obese but only ~1/10 americans I see are overweight. that is not from McDon or BK but from lack of physical labor. almost every kid I know is involved in a sport but there are those few geeks who think physical work is for the birds. please don't stereotype(not directed to any single individual) and I too will overlook stereotyping.

peace out

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Most Americans could use some exercise (including me). Most of us aren't overweight simply out of shape. But hey what do you need body armor for if your not going to get shot any how. Body armor is nice but I'd rather not get hit in the first place. Spetsnaz is trained good enough were the could probably eliminate most threats before the know that somebodies there.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ruuski: for what its worth I did go to the posted site and reviewed the weapons... most interesting was the 40 cal. pistol....The old Markaroff 9 mm was a popular throw away in the 80's and 90's was cheap and functional.

West Point: You will find that your army career will come to a quick end if you alienate the enlisted.. basically you are rated on your leadership skills and you wont last a year on active duty if you maintain your addititude towards others who have more experience than you. Should be noted that not all West Pointers (rings knockers) continue in a military career..
You might also want to remember you cant bring back the dead killed buy your ignorance and thier memories will never leave you.. you should think long and hard about grasping the golden ring of leading men into battle its not glorious like you propose...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Originally posted by Russian

Terrorism is a sickness. Meet the doctors.

Out,
Russian

1 more:

Terrorism is a sickness. Doctor Came

why not put "maximum ownage" on those posters. i wonder what that would look like in russian

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
My ignorance? Just cuz I wont take any BS from people doesn't make me a bad leader I can tolerate it to a certain but that's it well I do have to suck it up during training cant talk back to the drill sergeant

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join