It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spetsnaz Poster!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well here in America if you attack first your called racist, warmonger, radical, republican and stuff like that. Then angry mobs beat you up, the radio says mean things about you and then if your in office the pacifists do everything in their power to get you out of power. Sadly politics controls everything American that and money. Battlefield politics is why we lost Vietnam.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
vagabond im going there after my senior year which is coming up this september so im jsut one year away and i cant wait its a great school to train officers

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
vagabond im going there after my senior year which is coming up this september so im jsut one year away and i cant wait its a great school to train officers

Which Senator sponsored you?

Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one crazy enough to want to go to a Service Academy. I am just glad that I got a better offer. Good Luck.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
russian, cool poster, would love to know if there is anyway to get a full size one.

Dont let westpoint get to you, if he graduates from west point, you will understand why many American NCOs HATE officers. Sure as hell hope he is never my pltn. leader, for both of our sakes. Just please stay the hell out of armor branch, westpoint. Go be a mess officer.

Havnt heard to many good things about the russian army as an organisation, but from what everyone says, your soldiers are tough as nails. Truth be told, I think it would be cool to do a joint training exercise with Russia and meet a few your soldiers, but I cant see that happening in the near future.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nice poster! I wouldn't mind a full size one myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
cavscout you have to have some tough officers to preserve the line of command and discipline your troops but there is a time and a place for fun when your in the army killing is your business also your job that is what you are trained to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
cavscout you have to have some tough officers to preserve the line of command and discipline your troops but there is a time and a place for fun when your in the army killing is your business also your job that is what you are trained to do.

Mate, you're not in the military, you have no idea what makes a good officer right now. For the record, neither do I.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
west point, what are you talking about? I think you will make a poor Officer based on observation of your know it all attitude. A LT's job is to listen to and learn from his NCOs. The SFC of a pltn is the platn daddy. The LT is the mommy. You would be a better officer if you did four years enlisted and then got your butter bar, and youd get alot more respest from both your soldiers and your peers. But in all seriousness, stay away from combat arms, we grind guys like you down and send you packing to finance. No one wants a LT who thinks hes a badass.

P.S. I'm a combat vet. and a damn Scout. Dont tell me how to do my job, at least not untill you graduate highschool, but preferably before you kicked out of west point

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All I got to say is to be a good officer you need to be a strong "leader"

If not then you will not and can not put your man (that depend on you) in battle.

You will kill them and yourself.

And for West Point to become a good officer he needs to drop the closed mind. US is made not from only Americans and that will be West Points biggest problem. Well that and the part of being a leader.

Out,
Russian

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's people like Westpoint that make America so ignorant..
You have no perception for other people's cultures, you've been brought up in one of the worst schooling systems in the world (in developed countries) and been taught that America is Number 1, America always wins, if it wasnt for America then the world would fall apart.
Well, we have news for you
America has been around for 200 years, and was one of the biggest mistakes ever. Your nation was built on the massacaring of thousands of native Indians, who continue to live under your darn suppression.
If you want to make a good officer, a heart-felt suggestion, spend a year going around the world. See other cultures, learn the basics of other languages, and most importantly, dont spend any time at all eating in MacDonalds, Burger King, 'The Little Chef' or other American fast food restuarants. Learn to respect others!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Also West Point.

American tactics dont work against some other countries tactics so in order of becoming a good officers you need to learn the other tactics.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In fact West Point..
You might as well just kill yourself now, your life looks pretty doomed!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
In fact West Point..
You might as well just kill yourself now, your life looks pretty doomed!

Yep it sure is.

All the other countries have good things too West Point.

For example Weapons and Women.

The to beautiful Ws!!!

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey not all of us Americans are like West Point. Ever heard the song about america being a melting pot. Most of us are quite different. I'd like to see how he does at the academy. His opinions might change a little. What kind of training does Spetsnaz get.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey, let us not forget those gorgeous East European women
Alternatively look west to France, or South to Italy and Greece

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's too bad that the American opinion heard most is that of guys like west point, simply because they are the loudest. But it's not the loud-mouth you have to fear, it's the quiet ones that will surprise you.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
What kind of training does Spetsnaz get.

well the instructors train them for everything, the easy day was yesterday that thier motto
the intructors thow snakes over your neck when you walk into a room,put rats in your boots,midnight raids on the dorms oh and thier celebration ceremony is great smash a bottle over their heads and then drink some vodka.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
All I got to say is to be a good officer you need to be a strong "leader"

If not then you will not and can not put your man (that depend on you) in battle.

You will kill them and yourself.

And for West Point to become a good officer he needs to drop the closed mind. US is made not from only Americans and that will be West Points biggest problem. Well that and the part of being a leader.

agreed and westpoint arrogance can be a cause for losing in battle too, like sun tzu says "If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant." meaning if youre arrogant about your capability, your enemy will more likely defeat you or trick you into ambushes and wear you down, if you get into westpoint im sure they will tell you similar.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Don't know much about them (would like to), but I seem to remember hearing that Spetsnaz training begins well before they find they have been selected, that they just kinda beat the crap out of these guys for a few years to see what they can handle. Then they approach them one day, out of the blue, and tell them what has been going on.

Dont want to spread mis-information, this is only what I hear. If its true, thats some hard core sh t! Be nice to see some harder training like that in the American Army. Not that I dont think we are the best........just saying

[edit on 30-6-2004 by cavscout]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by cyberdude78
What kind of training does Spetsnaz get.

well the instructors train them for everything, the easy day was yesterday that thier motto
the intructors thow snakes over your neck when you walk into a room,put rats in your boots,midnight raids on the dorms oh and thier celebration ceremony is great smash a bottle over their heads and then drink some vodka.

Man their training sucks till the celebration ceremony. A snake of my neck just for walking into a room. Well I guess the celebration celebration ceremony is worth it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join