It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fuzzy Logic Of Useful Idiots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
neithercorp.us...

Americans are masters of avoiding responsibility for bad assumptions. I have seen middle-aged women cry, actual tears, because they have been proven incorrect on something as simple as the price of dishwashing detergent at the grocery store. I have seen full-grown men throw wild-eyed tantrums and even threaten people with death because they couldn’t handle being wrong about the correct score of a football game. I once saw a man froth at the mouth and shout vicious obscenities for 20 minutes straight because he refused to believe there where more than three ‘Jaws’ movies (I wish ‘Jaws: The Revenge’ didn’t exist either, but I’m not going to have a spasm over it). I have seen little old ladies physically attack people because they were embarrassed to be wrong, not realizing that their response was far more humiliating and self deprecating than just being “mistaken”. I have, indeed, seen the glory of overgrown babies in action.

While this blog post may certainly be polarizing, there are many aspects of it that ring true. It's not always fun to look in the mirror at the cause but sometimes that is where the problem lies.

I do think it is well written and thought provoking so figured I'd share and see how others respond.

edit on 3-11-2010 by bozzchem because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That was absolutely Beautiful.

Thank you.

-Edrick

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You're welcome for me providing the link. I don't believe I could have put it as eloquently as it was put.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow. I read this at a point in the past and was about to post it to ATS myself. I used the search function first, which it seems many of the "useful idiots" on here can't manage either. It deserves way more attention!

Maybe u should put that the world will end next Tuesday at 8 and the proof is at the link, then somebody might read it, lol. Wait, no scrach that. The idiots will just chastize you for daring to make a prediction thread on a conspiracy site. I know, post it again with the title, if you read this, you will become rich, powerful, and surrounded by women.

Anyway, this is an amazingly accurate, well written, piece of truth! I can't believe how little attention your thread has gotten! What a shame! I'm definately giving you a star and flag and wish I could give you a million for posting this!

new topics

top topics

join