It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Crop Sabotage on the Rise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

GMO Crop Sabotage on the Rise

news.infoshop.org

Early Sunday morning, French police stood helpless as sixty people, locked inside an open-air field of genetically modified grapevines, uprooted all the plants. In Spain last month, dozens of people destroyed two GMO fields. On the millennial cusp, Indian farmers burned Bt cotton in their Cremate Monsanto campaign. Ignored by multinational corporations and corrupt public policy makers, citizens act to protect the food supply and the planet.

The French vineyard is the same field attacked last year when the plants were only cut. But the security features installed after that incident kept au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
foodfreedom.wordpress.com

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is great to hear about. People going out and DOING SOMETHING about the serious issue of GM crops. Crop sabotage is one of the only acts of proactive power that the people have left. I mean... what happens when TPTB stop listening to us or our concerns? Do we just say, "Ahh, good game, we give up..." or do we just get the job done and stop listening to THEIR concerns for a change. Keep in mind... law and criminality are determined overwhelmingly be those in power. Law and order are not necessarily based on morals and ethics, just as unlawful acts can be reasonable, just and ethical.

news.infoshop.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes, great news!
All of the action it seems is coming out of Europe. Good for them!
Someday the fat Americans will wake up!
Thanks for the link!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

So there's a Cremate Monsanto campaign?!

Wow. Who'da thunk it? I am so impressed. What a fine idea. To the point. Effective. and most appropriate.

S&F btw

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Woohoo!!!!

Oh I wish I could partake i the fun!!!!

Middle finger to monsanto

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
YES! Now, if any of you that live in the USA want to do this- let me know! I'm in NYS. I'd be all over that.

Monsanto:

!!!!!!!!!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StinkFist

YES!
Right up Monsanto's genetically modified ass.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

...citizens act to protect the food supply and the planet.

Definitions of protect on the Web:

- shield from danger, injury, destruction, or damage

Yeah...Oh I forgot, unless it's some natural / organic / pseudoscience food, it's bad. Evil science...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Brilliant response!

You must get a lot of invites to all of the best parties, huh mate?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Only the best.

~

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Actually there is quite a bit of science that says gmo is bad.

What is definitely bad is food companies strong arming the people.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hence why I included the word "pseudoscience", as in that's what it is. Take a look at naturalnews.com or something like them, that's pseudoscience, among others. (Bashing naturalnews will go well on ATS...)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

I understand what you are saying and all but one thing I like about science is that it keeps honest math. I am personally having a hard time getting around some things like

People eating corn + corn is genetically modified to rupture the stomachs of pests that eat it = X
There is no conclusive proof of any effects or lack due to the generational exposure to something with such altered genetics.
Then we have
Y + Z = Crohn's Disease.

That is just too many variables for me when we are discussing genetic modification.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hence why I included the word "pseudoscience", as in that's what it is. Take a look at naturalnews.com or something like them, that's pseudoscience, among others. (Bashing naturalnews will go well on ATS...)

No actually, there's science too. Are you seriously trying to make people believe a story that all scientists agree on this VERY controversial issue? Lol! Are you from Monsanto?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
GM Crops Facing Meltdown in the US

www.i-sis.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Monsanto GM Corn Harvest Fails Massively in South Africa

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Inter Agency Report on Genetically Modified Crops. Is It Making a Mockery of Science? (India)
www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Who does this hurt?

The people who rely on crops for their livelihoods? The people that will eventually have to eat food?

OR

The corporation that makes more money with each GM seed sold?

IMO the science surrounding GMOs is really open to interpretation - what I mean by that is that there are ecological issues, but they are hard to use as a justification for banning GM completely. When you include the social and economic factors it is a very, very tricky issue.

I'm more worried about the GM Atlantic Salmon and serious gene stacking.
edit on 4-11-2010 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2010 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

...citizens act to protect the food supply and the planet.

Definitions of protect on the Web:

- shield from danger, injury, destruction, or damage

Yeah...Oh I forgot, unless it's some natural / organic / pseudoscience food, it's bad. Evil science...

Well aside from any claims of toxicity or other direct health concerns, the simple matter of ecology is a serious science which is difficult to deny. GM crops are notorious for unstable monocultures. The reason plants have evolved such fantastic genetic diversity and intimate involvement with other species is because it works. Without diversity you have extremely high susceptibility to collapse; i.e. a monoculture of crops will ALL die off to one single disease/fungus/etc. rather than only a portion. Also, domesticated (and in this case extremely genetically modified) food has a long history of butting heads against wild ecosystems and the flora within. We can take land use, for instance, that's a pretty blatant destruction of wild lands for GM crops, then there is the spreading of GM seed which can take over land/nutrients of other species. There is also something to be said about attracting large numbers of parasites which feed on such crops and the subsequent need for toxic pesticides. Sure GM, crops aren't inherently evil... I think
... but there are enough problems with them that we should severely limit and prevent widespread use without fully accounting for and mitigating consequences on the environment and anything that consumes them.... which we haven't really done. In general there is also a distaste for the increasing superficiality, domestication, and "artificialization" of our planet. Humans are born of wilderness, and experiencing such an artificial world is a shock to many of our systems, mental and physical (and even spiritual depending how you look at it).
edit on 4-11-2010 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Wow! Good for all those people! Now I can only hope that enough Americans will ppick their butts up off the couch, switch off American Idol and burn down Monsanto here too! To hell with those killers! I'm ready if anybody wants to torch some GM crops here in SC!

I've also started my own organic only garden and buy only 100% organic meats that have 0 antibiotics, or hormones also.

I used to have IBS/ be sick to my stomach everyday of my life since about 1997 when they started this garbage. Now I feel great! Oh I also only use distilled water.

If I can feel better significantly by these changes over a time period of less than a week! The shizz is poison!

Come on America! Let's folow these heroes example! S&F!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join