It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you on 9-11-01?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I’m not sure if this has been gone over here yet, nor the appropriate forum to present it in. (Or how to search)

Exactly what I hope to accomplish in this thread is for members to chime-in as to where we were, and what we were doing the morning of September 11, 2001. Since this is my thread, we will not be encouraged to discuss anything outside of where we were and what we were doing. Show some respect for fellow “survivors.” With that said, I realize this may be the wrong forum...My apologies.

I’ll go first…

I was living in a coastal camp-ground at the time, going on a month or so. How it came to me being in that predicament is another story entirely. I had my things in a storage shed while homeless, so I wasn’t too bad-off. I maintained employment as well.

On the morning of 9-11-01 while I was getting my things ready to head-off to work, there was a couple sitting by their car listening to the news on the radio. They called over to me and asked if I was listening to the news. “An airplane hit the World Trade Center.” We sat for a short while listening to the broadcast.

I went to my tent and rolled everything up. I had been saving-up for the deposit on a rental. Instead, I paid for a month in advance at a motel close to my work. I called-in sick, then put the news on and got glued to it. I knew the moment I watched those buildings crumble that that was unreal. I built footings and foundations for a living most of my life. I was completely flattened, just like those towers.

It took every bit of my earnings to stay in that motel room, (I went without eating most days) until one day when a friend introduced me to a neighbor that was looking for a room-mate. So in short, I survived 9-11-01. How did you guys/gals make it out alive?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I was staying with my (then) boyfriend in Charlottesville, Va. I remember him waking me up, telling me that the world trade center has been attacked. In my groggy state all I could think was "again?" There'd been an attack on them in 1993 I think.

The dude I was dating was about to receive his terminal leave from the army and was freaking out because he thought they'd try to do a stop-loss and he really wanted out.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I was getting ready for school. I believe I was in 6th Grade at the time. My dad was going through the channels when Breaking News appeared on one of the new's channels.

I ended up staying home and watching the new's with my family.

Was a really big eye opener for me at that age. I always thought that We, the US never would have any type of war, or attack on our soil. And always looked at things like we were safe.

But from that day I understand now, how little I knew.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Oozii because: -

link   
i was at work and heard nothing but when i got home my brother told me the wtc was attacked and has fallen. I didn't believe and told him to clear off but he told me watch the news, so i did and when i saw it my first thought was ''The world is going to change for the worse'', I didn't actually think that i would be right....

link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by 12m8keall2c

i cant use that link. im using mobile ats and that takes me to the regular ats site. can you put a link for it on mobile? is that even possible?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join