It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime example of 2 party farce: Dead candidate re-elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not surprising considering a brain-dead candidate served 2 terms as president... but seriously, this is a great example of just how fake and meaningless votes are.

www.rawstory.com...
"The deceased California Democrat won re-election to the State Senate by a comfortable margin, besting Republican challenger John Stammreich, 58% to 36%.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I read some info on that.

One thing that came up, that a commenter to the article stated, that the law states that if a candidate dies within 10 days of an election, there name is to be removed. This was written in the article. The commenter stated that the candidate died 13 days before the election, hence the candidates name should have been removed.

Do a little googling to confirm this. Could be an avenue to contest the election.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Really tells you something when voters would rather have a dead politician in power than a live one. How could it be too late to replace her on the ballot? Surely there had to be someone else that could have been added.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
An -lol- is in order.

I get an especially good chuckle out of this because both of the examples in the article were democratic candidates (says something about their voters
) - and that one of them was from my home state of Missouri, and also a democrat.

Sorry to bring party lines into this - and I'm sure there are examples of dead republican candidates being voted in - I am just sharing my reasons for getting a good laugh out of it. Especially given the "documented fact" that people attending or having attended institutions of higher learning are more likely to be liberal/democrat. And they vote in dead people.

Doesn't surprise me. I could have racked up thousands of counts of murder with the number of college students who just walk out into the road in front of my moving vehicle as though it is not there.

If you're getting upset - you're taking this too seriously.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

It just means the people know they won't be screwed by a dead Democrat, but they sure will by a live Republican.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So instead of dead people voting, we now have dead people being elected.

Ohhhhh the HUMANITY!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

The posters youth is apparent by these comments.

The Democratic voters have elected a number of dead politicians.

Missouri Senator Mel Carnahan

U.S. Representative Patsy Mink

A lot of dead Democrats vote in each election too.

Particularly in the Chicago area.

The brain dead comment about a past president pretty sums up your political affiliation.

In a logical world people who vote for a person who is dead are "brain dead".

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

what do you expect in california hell even dead people voted

this could explain how pelosi and boxer got reelected.
edit on 3-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well, we had nearly 300k people vote for a senate candidate who's idea of economic stimulus was to create action figures of himself.

The reason this stuff happens is the straight party voting. I've said it, and I'll say it again. That shouldn't be an option. It's the lazy man's choice.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

I thought most places had done away with the straight-party ticket.

I will admit - it's hard to find information on some of the people running in the local elections - they are too small to have much on the internet about them, and the area too big to know everyone - so I do tend to stick to party lines a little more at the county level.

I like to vote for sensible candidates, though - when I can. I'm kind of sad Skelton didn't retain his seat - he frequents a local restaurant I used to work at, and I got to meet him a few times. I can't say I agree with him on everything - but he's a good guy, and the republican candidate turned me off from the start with a bunch of attack ads.

It's kind of fun here in Missouri, though - governor and lieutenant governor run as separate candidates. I like voting to have the seat filled by candidates of separate parties. I don't believe it happens very often - but I like to think it would help keep policy a little more tame (even if debates are anything but).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by GovtFlu

Lmao the past 4 POTUS have been all brain dead.. Including the current one..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well, I have been thinking about this a little more.

At least the dead politician cannot vote for anymore darn legislation, there is always a silver lining.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Actually , this was a tactic used to block the default election of the republican candidate. If the name of the dead candidate was withdrawn the republican would have run unopposed. However if the dead candidate is elected, it forces a second vote in that district, allowing the dems to propose a new candidate.

The voters said "we want to see the dems alternative first" by electing the deceased candidate.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Govtflu: "Not surprising considering a brain-dead candidate served 2 terms as president... but seriously, this is a great example of just how fake and meaningless votes are."

Now why did you feel the need to bring up Bill Clinton? Dredging up thoughts like" Ya I had him (Osama) in my sights". Fact was the coward could not pull the trigger. The Gulf war, the first attack on the World trade center, the USS Cole, wag the dog, monica. Ya thanks for the memories OP

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

It's not a farce. A dead candidate has to remain on the ballot for several reasons.

I grew up in Missouri and remember Gene Carnahan dying very close to election time. His wife took over the campaign with her husband still on the ballot. He beat out John Ashcroft for a senate seat (or rep...I don't feel like researching it, I'm going by recollection).

It's not part of a farce, it's simply a matter of practice. We can't simply give the election to someone because the other guy died. And you can't expect there to be a primary (in this case it was an incumbent so the primary runner-up couldn't be chosen) so close to an election. Nor can you expect the winner of the primary to put on a proper campaign in such a short period of time.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh yes, I'm going to randomly state that dead people voted because I didn't like the candidates that won!

And I'm not going to provide a source to back up my ridiculous claim because I don't have to!

...sorry, but I prefer sanity and reason to such statements.

Please provide proof that dead people voted in this election and if they did that they went to democrats more than republicans.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It's a farce that voters voted for a dead person, a prime example of how distracted and dumb loyal party line voters are.. they vote for dead people of their own party based on what?.. the idea a dead republican is better than a living democrat or visa versa? lol.. since when can a dead person represent the living?.. not talking about living-dead like McCain or Regan, but officially dead lol

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
Govtflu: "Not surprising considering a brain-dead candidate served 2 terms as president... but seriously, this is a great example of just how fake and meaningless votes are."

Now why did you feel the need to bring up Bill Clinton? Dredging up thoughts like" Ya I had him (Osama) in my sights". Fact was the coward could not pull the trigger. The Gulf war, the first attack on the World trade center, the USS Cole, wag the dog, monica. Ya thanks for the memories OP

Well I felt it important to mention brain dead since both bush & clinton did serve 2 terms.. look what 16 years of brain-dead "leadership", so called, has produced. An awesome example of how to fail.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

"The voters said "we want to see the dems alternative first" by electing the deceased candidate. "

To me the voters said "We're programed to obey the fake "left/right" bullshizzle, so we're just gonna do.."

Interesting take tho... however it seems to me it's impossible for a dead person to have a job, well.. McCain is arguably the exception to the rule, but a party that doesn't have a living candidate should be excluded for the process.. or excluded for hire.

It's not too much to ask that these ridiculous jokes at the very least offer a living person who can show up for work?.. can I take along a few corpses with me to Disneyland to wait in line for me.. lol.. and if dead politicians can be considered "real", can I sue my neighbor by claiming her "spirit animal" bit me?

Voting is a farce when dead people get elected IMO.. a meaningless illusion of "freedom" thats rigged, bent, broken and manipulated beyond criminally by the DNC & GOP.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"DEAD PEOPLE"???? !!! I amshocked you would diparage California's "respiration challenged"! Do they call you names???

Who speaks for them????

Oh yeah Senator Barbara Boxer;
edit on 8-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join