It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran can build 1 bomb, soon can build 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Nobody will believe Iran has a nuke until they actually use it. Even then most here won't even believe it was Iran who detonated it. Irans President could go on television and say they have the bomb and most here would say that its a translation error.

Sad really.

You are very right. Unfortunately, ATS is full of fools who are truly hateful of their governments and consider every story critical of Iran in the Western media to be propaganda. These very people have become so suspicious of their governments that they now start to idealize their governments opponents, extremist regimes like that of Iran for instance. At the same time, they use every opportunity to criticize extremist regimes on ''our'' side such as Israel. In other words, they are all but objective.

I've done my own research and it is widely known (among US, Russian and Israeli) intelligence that Iran already has a number of nuclear warheads. What took them so long was the engineering of a platform to deliver it.

Whether the Iranian regime is crazy enough to actually use nuclear weapons, I don't know. They are ludicrous extremists for sure, but I cannot say whether they are insane enough to actually use nuclear weapons. This guy seems to think they would:

Former Iranian Revolutionary Guard: Iran Will Bomb Israel

"[Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's government] will use the nuclear bomb against Israel, they will use it against Persian Gulf countries, and they will use it against Europe to bring about that last hadith (Islamic commentaries on sayings and activities of Mohammed and his companions) that calls for total chaos, lawlessness, and havoc in the world, which creates the circumstance for Imam Mahdi (the Islamic messianic figure) to appear."

Kahlili bemoaned the oppression of the Iranian people by their government, and told Fleisher about the circumstances which made him leave the Revolutionary Guards and become a spy against them for the American CIA. His new book, "A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran", details his experiences fighting against a regime he says is tyrannizing his people.

Kahlili (whose real name is hidden from the public for fear of reprisals against him and his family) grew up in Tehran in an upper-middle class family. Educated in the United States in the early 1970's, Kahlili – like many Iranians during that dramatic time – returned to Iran after the Islamic revolution of 1979 to help build his country.

Today's Iran is essentially the same as that of the Ayatollah, according to Kahlili. President Ahmadinejad portrays himself as a folk leader in the country to garner support, an Islamic leader who will bring freedom to the oppressed. "The fact of the matter is that they have oppressed and suffocated, raped, tortured and killed thousands of Iranians just to stay in power," said Kahlili. "They are the most brutal dictators that the world has ever seen, and they are vicious, and they care less about the well-being of the Palestinian people or others…They are not the defender of the oppressed, they are not concerned with the well-being of the Middle East, they are post-modernist killers."

source

edit on 4-11-2010 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by Becoming
Nobody will believe Iran has a nuke until they actually use it. Even then most here won't even believe it was Iran who detonated it. Irans President could go on television and say they have the bomb and most here would say that its a translation error.

Sad really.

You are very right. Unfortunately, ATS is full of fools who are truly hateful of their governments and consider every story critical of Iran in the Western media to be propaganda. These very people have become so suspicious of their governments that they now start to idealize their governments opponents, extremist regimes like that of Iran for instance. At the same time, they use every opportunity to criticize extremist regimes on ''our'' side such as Israel. In other words, they are all but objective.

I've done my own research and it is widely known (among US, Russian and Israeli) intelligence that Iran already has a number of nuclear warheads. What took them so long was the engineering of a platform to deliver it.

Whether the Iranian regime is crazy enough to actually use nuclear weapons, I don't know. They are ludicrous extremists for sure, but I cannot say whether they are insane enough to actually use nuclear weapons. This guy seems to think they would:

Former Iranian Revolutionary Guard: Iran Will Bomb Israel

"[Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's government] will use the nuclear bomb against Israel, they will use it against Persian Gulf countries, and they will use it against Europe to bring about that last hadith (Islamic commentaries on sayings and activities of Mohammed and his companions) that calls for total chaos, lawlessness, and havoc in the world, which creates the circumstance for Imam Mahdi (the Islamic messianic figure) to appear."

Kahlili bemoaned the oppression of the Iranian people by their government, and told Fleisher about the circumstances which made him leave the Revolutionary Guards and become a spy against them for the American CIA. His new book, "A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran", details his experiences fighting against a regime he says is tyrannizing his people.

Kahlili (whose real name is hidden from the public for fear of reprisals against him and his family) grew up in Tehran in an upper-middle class family. Educated in the United States in the early 1970's, Kahlili – like many Iranians during that dramatic time – returned to Iran after the Islamic revolution of 1979 to help build his country.

Today's Iran is essentially the same as that of the Ayatollah, according to Kahlili. President Ahmadinejad portrays himself as a folk leader in the country to garner support, an Islamic leader who will bring freedom to the oppressed. "The fact of the matter is that they have oppressed and suffocated, raped, tortured and killed thousands of Iranians just to stay in power," said Kahlili. "They are the most brutal dictators that the world has ever seen, and they are vicious, and they care less about the well-being of the Palestinian people or others…They are not the defender of the oppressed, they are not concerned with the well-being of the Middle East, they are post-modernist killers."

source

Excellent post! I suppose it would be more prudent in the opinions of some if Israel maintains a passive, defensive posture despite the FACT that the leader of this rogue nation has publicy declared that the only Jewish state in the world should be wiped off the map...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
MDV2,

If Iran already has nuclear weapons....why don't they have an Air Force or a Navy?

Their military planes are a couple old piles of junk from the 1950's along with a couple F-14's they can't buy parts for to get flying. Their Navy consists of a couple tiny boats, one which they just showed on TV was made solely in Iran has 1 tiny gun on it and would be considered a fishing trawler in other countries.

IRan ain't got squat and can't even figure out how to build a refinery to turn their crude oil into gasoline. They have to import every gallon of gasoline they use. Yet they have a nuclear bomb?? I doubt it.

Even if they managed to build a nuclear bomb it doesn't mean we should kill them. If Iran wanted to annihilate Israel all it would have to do is sent a satellite into orbit with maneuvering capability and push that SNAP 10A satellite we have in outer space parked 4,000 miles from Earth that has a nuclear reactor that went critical....all they would have to do is nudged that so it impacts Israel. Then they'd have plausible denial as well.

Why would they build 1 nuclear bomb then lob it at Israel...knowing Israel will lob 200 nuclear warheads at IRan and turn their country into a glassbowl??

You all should watch the 2010 Russian Military Parade video online. I think Medvedov hinted the world is going to have to come together again to defeat Fascism. Israel/US fascism.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
MDV2,

If Iran already has nuclear weapons....why don't they have an Air Force or a Navy?

IRan ain't got squat and can't even figure out how to build a refinery to turn their crude oil into gasoline. They have to import every gallon of gasoline they use. Yet they have a nuclear bomb?? I doubt it.

Iran has obtained nuclear warheads from a Soviet state in the early 90s and has sought to become nuclear ever since the Iran-Iraq war. Russian military intelligence knows this. Israel knows this as well, so does the US. However, yielding public support for a war against Iran would be very hard if Israel would admit that Iran already has a number of nuclear weapons. Pretending it's a race against time that can still be won is a better strategy.

This is from 1993:

The International Atomic Energy Agency confirms that Argentina will export a shipment of 20% enriched uranium to Iran in 1993.
—Claude van England, “Iran Defends Its Pursuit Of Nuclear Technology,” The Christian Science Monitor, 18 February 1993, p. 7; The Arms Control Reporter, March 1993.

And some of the fools on this forum really believe the Iranian fairy tales that 17 years later they are still after 20% enriched uranium.

2 February 1993
An Anti-Defamation League (ADF) report says the United States is inadvertently aiding Iran’s nuclear weapon program by supplying it with more than $650 million a year in computers and “other federally listed nuclear relevant technologies.”

Interesting, right? I, for one, don't know why they did so.

The Arms Control Reporter reports that by December 1991, Iran had imported four nuclear weapons from the former Soviet Union, including a nuclear artillery shell, two nuclear warheads that could be launched on Scud missiles, and one nuclear weapon that could be delivered by a MiG-27 aircraft. [Note: See 24 May 2002 entry.] The report says that fissile material was exported from Kazakhstan to Iran and the rest of the components were exported from other republics of the former Soviet Union through Turkmenistan. Although the codes to arm the warheads were not provided with the missiles, the report says two experts from Russia arrived to bypass arming codes.

9 April 1998
The Jerusalem Post reports that Iran received nuclear warheads from a former Soviet republic in the early 1990s, maintained by Russian experts. This information is based on Iranian government documents relayed to Israel and acquired by The Post. These documents contain correspondence between leaders of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and Iran's government officials that discusses Iran's successful acquisition of nuclear warheads from former Soviet republics. US congressional experts have deemed the documents authentic; Israel is still studying them. The Post notes that these documents appear to support reports from 1992 that Iran received up to four nuclear warheads and enriched uranium from Kazakhstan, with assistance from the Russian underworld. [Note: For more on this topic, see 1995, 10 (2 entries), 11, 15, and 16 April 1998. 1991, 13 October, December, and 27 December 1991 entries may also be related.]
—Steve Rodan, "Documents obtained by 'Jerusalem Post' show: Iran has four nuclear bombs," Jerusalem Post (Jerusalem), 9 April 1998, pp1, 2; in "Iran Said To Obtain Four Nuclear Bombs From CIS Republics," FBIS Document FTS19980417000482, 17 April 1998.

10 April 1998

source

The list goes on and on and on, but fools who idealize Iran on this forum don't want to see it. After all, Iraq was one big hoax, so Iran must be a hoax too!

Even if they managed to build a nuclear bomb it doesn't mean we should kill them.

I agree, not saying that the West has any valid reasons to attack Iran...

Why would they build 1 nuclear bomb then lob it at Israel...knowing Israel will lob 200 nuclear warheads at IRan and turn their country into a glassbowl??

That's what I've been saying as well, but did you actually read the story in my previous post from the ex-rev. guard? I'll quote it:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

"CIA Agent" says this, blah, blah..lol.. professional liars the lot of em. That dude probably spit out whatever his CIA masters required.. to keep the checks coming and secure his safety... but he's entitled to his opinion.

Ever consider some people don't believe the govt based on the govts history of lies & obfuscations? I've been paying attention for 20 years.. lie after lie, year after year, crook after crook.. the govt has become the boy who cried Wolf.. after a CIA agent released the drowsy Wolf, dart still hanging off its ass, from a cage.

They lied the Vietnam war into being, AFIAC they lied the war on terror into being, they lie, erode our rights, lie some more.. then when they're done lying, the real lying starts.

Maybe it's just me... but when I observe an organization has a legacy of lies, denials, and obfuscations.. I stop believing them.

The US govt are no better than an army of used car salesmen.. they don't sell stale cars "as new", they sell stale ideas and political partys.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
reply to post by Asktheanimals

A quick search got me:

wonkroom.thinkprogress.org...

prairieweather.typepad.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

You mean facts like these? :

But one key piece of evidence that we did find was that there were people within the CIA -- CIA officers -- who suspected that Iranian intelligence was trying to influence the US government and public opinion here through the Iraqi National Congress, a group of exiles run by Ahmed Chalabi who very publicly wanted an invasion of Iraq. There was a fellow who worked for them, in charge of their information and collection program -- they were supposed to get defectors to talk to the US government and the media telling all these horrible stories of Saddam's connections to Al Qaeda and his WMD programs -- and the person running that was actually suspected within the CIA of being connected to Iranian intelligence. I remember asking one of these guys, Well this is kind of hard to imagine! So what did you do when you had these suspicions that the INC might have been in the position to be used by Iranian intelligence? And he said, Well, not much. You can't fight City Hall! Meaning that because the INC as so supported by the White House and the Pentagon, no one would care to listen to their suspicions.

Intel so good even the white house wouldn't touch it.
I'm not cleaning your house this week friend.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

There's one little catch - Ahmadinejad doesn't control the military nor the nuclear program.
From Wikipedia :

Despite Ahmadinejad's vocal support for the program, the office of the Iranian president is not directly responsible for nuclear policy. It is instead set by the Supreme National Security Council. The council includes two representatives appointed by the Supreme Leader, military officials, and members of the executive, judicial, and legislative branches of government, and reports directly to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who issued a fatwa against nuclear weapons in 2005.[112] Khamenei has criticized Ahmadinejad's "personalization" of the nuclear issue.[113]

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

So do I, and it's past time of patience. Warn and drop a neatron experience. Then walk in and take away the deadly toys.

Decoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join