It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies in pictures of the Sun. Balls of light. Possible UFOs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I was vacationing in Goa, India, about a month ago when I took these pictures of the Sun. It was the 12th of October, about noon, and pretty sunny. The air was clear and I was with a friend, driving around in his car, when I looked up, out the window, and I saw a jet streak across the sky, leaving a jet trail close to the Sun. I thought it might make a nice picture, so I took my HTC Desire out, and used it's 5MP cam to take pictures of the Sun, and the jet trail beside it. But since it was about noon, and the Sun was right over our heads, I would have had to stick half my body outside the window just to get a good shot. So instead I decided to just stick my hand out with my phone, and take a volley of shots blindly, and keep the good ones (so don't judge my photography skills. I wasn't even looking!). And thank god for that! Because I ended up taking about 12 pictures in total, 10 of which show 2 colored balls of light in the sky, 7 of which I took after changing the setting to negative mode. Negative because I thought the bright Sun, clouds, and jet trail would look artistic in negative.

I didn't notice the balls of light in the sky at the time (and it was way too sunny to really look upwards for long), and I only noticed them much later when I was going through the pictures. First I saw them in negative, and they showed up as the ONLY color in the entire picture! I'm not too sure, but isn't color impossible in negatives? At least that's what I thought. Then I looked at the positive, normal pictures, and I noticed the same balls of light in them too, although in different colors, which I'm assuming are the inverted colors of the negatives.

My inference is that these objects were moving, since they appear to change position according to the Sun. I also considered the possibility that these were just photographic anomalies caused by the Sunlight deflected/diffracted by my camera lens/atmosphere, but somehow, being on the move and catching them in 10 out of 12 pictures, and also showing up weirdly in color in the negatives makes me thing otherwise.

Weather was dry-ish and sunny, partially cloudy, time was about noon, all the shots were taken in a span of 2-3 minutes and nothing else strange or worth mentioning was observed at the time. I'd love it if someone with a degree of expertise in photographs had a look and put in their views. And, of course, anyone with an opinion on this matter too...

The pictures:

d.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
d.imagehost.org...
d.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
d.imagehost.org...
d.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...

Visible in the pictures: Sun, clouds, jet trail, and 2 balls of colored light close to each other.

I tried to embed from imagehost.org, but I lost patience trying to figure out how. Sorry about that. So I just included the links instead. Link number 7 & 9 are the pictures where the balls are missing. I decided not to tamper with any of the images so I didn't blow up the section with the lights, or point it out, as they are very obvious in all the pics, except in link 8, where they are a bit faint, but at the NW of the Sun, and in link 11, where they are really faint, but at the bottom center of the picture. And if you examine link 4 closely, and you'll notice a kind of colored aura around the balls of light, bean shaped, or maybe disk-profile shaped.

Verdict?
edit on 3/11/10 by darklord because: To review bad links.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
hm i rly tryd ..but i cant see anything unusual in these mini pictures

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
is there any way it might

be a scratch on your camera lens

and because the suns so bright

its showing up

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

So sorry, my bad. I should have checked the links. Anyway, I've reviewed them, and you get the full sized picture now. Please try again.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Scratch on my camera lens? No, I don't think so. My camera lens is just fine and I've never had or have problems with it ever. Sun too bright? Yes, they might be specks of light that escaped the spectrum. But the way they showed up in negative, and the way they change position, not to mention that I was in a moving vehicle, and 10 out of 12 shots have them, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darklord

IMO reflections on the camera.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

i think you will get the same 2 dots every time u photograph the sun...reflection on camera...
try it next suny day and post the results...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
it is lens flare in the bright sun, i dont see why you think aliens,

Second line

Wee Mad

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer92

Curious thing is, I DID try it again, and with almost the same weather conditions, but never saw anything like those balls of light.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

That's what I thought at first too, but I couldn't duplicate the phenomenon the next time I tried it. And I don't think lens flare shows up like that in negative.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

THE LAST

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cy7142119

No way.

This is ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Google lens flares. That is what they are. I'm at work and don't have the time to explain them fully, but there are dozens of good articles if you just do a search. Point a camera at any bright light to produce them. They take the shape of the aperture of your camera and in many cases the exact camera can be determined by the shape of the flares and pattern. Different focal lengths give different flares also.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklord
reply to post by weemadmental

That's what I thought at first too, but I couldn't duplicate the phenomenon the next time I tried it. And I don't think lens flare shows up like that in negative.

Those are perfectly ordinary lens flares I assure you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My first thought is lens flares too im afraid.....nothing exotic...
They are different colours though....i suppose thats also possible......dubious at best....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I guess the fact that Blue and Green sit next to each other in the spectrum are the key to sussing out what they are. Lens flare for me then.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
maybe our ET brothers out there are reminding us that there IS something going on with the sun right now. I was right to think so. great thread, as i agree with the solving of the problem via a negative spectrem light.

top topics

join