It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street View 3.1 & 3.2 -- Wikileaks Disclosures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This week streetview took to the streets during the week of Halloween, which is celebrated much like New Years in NYC. This episode was shot all over the city on two different nights. Bonnie headed back to the Upper east side, and then downtown to Union square to find out how much people know about wiki leaks, while J. roamed through the East Village to find out what people beliefs are about the disclosure of this type of evidence. Since this week's episode was shot in two days we have seperated it into 2 parts. Tell us what you think.

CLICK HERE to watch in full HD

PART ONE

(click to open player in new window)

PART TWO

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
does this mean the conspiracy chicks have been canned? to be honest street view is a much better format. no offense to any of the girls. but im more interested on the word on the street than a reporters opinion. nice finger on the pulse so to speak.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
does this mean the conspiracy chicks have been canned?

Not canned, re-worked. One of the Conspiracy Chicks had to take extended time away from the camera for important offline/off-ATS things. We're currently working on a new format for the same idea -- a recap top important and popular ATS threads. Stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I like hearing street views and think every large community would benefit from a co-operative group like this, and real views are a lot more aware than many assume, which pretty much lines up with conversations we've had lined up at the check-out counters in my community.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Who are the street view team? Where do they come from and what demographic are they aimed at?

I have found this series to be pretty interesting and refreshing but I still find myself asking questions!

That's what conspiracy websites do for ya'!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
These were dope, I like this show.

I'd be interested to know how many more people the team interview that didn't make it to the final cut, as said above the people shown were more aware than some would assume - which is good. My understanding is that New York is a pretty good place for that.

I would like to see a special where they travel to Texas or Alabama or somewhere like that - I'm sure we'd see a HUGE difference in the level of understanding the average person has.

But yeah...
Keep it up

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In all honesty I didn't really like it, feels like a high school teenager on facebook made this for a school project and got a B minus.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
cool series so far

this 3rd edition was much better than the first because I found the first to be focusing too much on the same people, where here I guess I felt like it was more people, i'm not sure it's possible that I was just more interested in what they were saying as most of them were aware of current events which was surprising even for NY.

It would have been nice if you had the team in the field right before mid-term elections talking about if people believe in the two party system and if they really thought there was a difference between both parties.

I liked it though
Deny ignorance and unite the streets, great motto!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I like it. Like the format. Like the name, Street View, because of google earth - already catchy, familiar.
Your two reporters are sharp and engaging. Hearing them discussed this way adds another dimension to the thread and topic.
I don't know why I never watched the Conspiracy Chicks....the crazy camera angles and format just didn't appeal to me. I watched this. Waiting for the feature film!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
its a job thats gotta get done and at least someones doing it and getting some opinions. if it was too glossy I would be wondering were the hell the funding came from, lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Another bang-up job! Keep it up. I like the short segments. I like hearing from people on the streets. It tells me that a lot of people have a lot of common sense, and people are thinking. While opinions may differ it seems to me people are a bit trustful of media and government.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
In all honesty I didn't really like it, feels like a high school teenager on facebook made this for a school project and got a B minus.

Does this mean I shouldn't turn this in tomorrow?? Darnit and I was just about to go to sleep.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This week did not feature our Citizen of the week. We decided (I'll be it a bit to late) to have our fellow members nominate and pick the featured Citizen. So, if you have a suggestion for next week please send it in. Preferably with a video clip exemplifying your choice. Thank you all!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think it's great but I think that you should try to get more people who have opposing views on. I liked that one guy who went to McDonalds who said that other fast food restaurants did it too and this one guy made a pretty good point about what information should or shouldn't be leaked to the public. While it's fascinating to hear that there are people that would agree with the world-view that we would find common at ATS, I just think that it would be nice to also hear a bit more dissenting views. I just don't want ATS street views to become like fox, that's all.

But that was a great third show! Keep it up!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Great job by the interviewers and camera crew. It;s a shame how few have a clue what a war crime is and there seems to be a tendency towards giving the government (and media) the benefit of the doubt, accepting the official justifications for the wars, torture and other crimes against humanity.

Please, don't interview drunks. It's embarrassing and we already know how dumb we can be thanks to Leno.
Even the most aware seem to have bought into the American "Democracy" myth, Hell, even Obama said "Democracy" today on his noon special address.

I posted a thread yesterday about Howard Zinn and The People Speak project ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) and how they are pushing Democracy while never mentioning the Republic. I received zero responses. Does no one care or even know what form of government the US has or is supposed to be?

Try interviewing on the street about that. I think you will find that we have been brainwashed over the last 40 years into imagining America as something other than the founders intended. I find it one of the most insidious conspiracies of all yet the silence is deafening on the subject. I digress.

Great work street view crew!
I'll be watching the next installment.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just watched this and I like the interview the man in the street approach I hope you guys don't confine yourselves to just NYC.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Love The Street View, great job and like watching and listening to it very much, very professional, keep up the good work and looking forward to next time.

I am very impressed how much young people they are interviewing are informed.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I live in South Florida and I am constantly surprised at the number of people that are very aware of what is going on in the world and even more surprised at how disgusted that they are with the actions and in-actions of of the governments of this world. The conversations I have with strangers reveal that people are more in tune then you think.

Unfortunately most also feel impotent and unable to do much to make a difference and they may be right as reflected in our recent elections. Once again Charlie Brown trusted that Lucy would hold the football but we ended up flat on our backs with Lucy grinning and walking off with the football under her arms as always.

You really have to be amazed at the brazenness of calling an election barely one hour after the closing of the polls.

Once again Florida voters are portrayed as the most ignorant voters on the planet. I guess being in the know is not enough and I have to include myself among the impotent because I don't know the answer either since voting has become a farce in Florida.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Where did you guys find these two people who are hosting this series? Just curious, are they paid actors or what? I dont remember ever reading anything posted by either name.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
My understanding is that New York is a pretty good place for that.

I would like to see a special where they travel to Texas or Alabama or somewhere like that - I'm sure we'd see a HUGE difference in the level of understanding the average person has.

But yeah...
Keep it up

According to your avatar you don't even live in America, and I would have my doubts that you have ever been to or met anyone from Alabama or Texas. So you are basing your opinion on what exactly?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join