It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class War Spurs Violent Clashes in Europe -- Why Are Americans Just Letting the Super Rich Win?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thank you, very kind.

PS. You do know I was referring to this, yes? The House of Representatives.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just stumbled on this thread which pretty much puts all the pieces together...and makes the connections.
Scary stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=626146

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The vast majority of Americans who describe themselves as republicans or tea party people care that the wealthy get their taxes raised.

What sense does it make for a poor or middle class wage slave to have empathy for billionaires and millionaires having to pay higher taxes?

There is something really wrong with Americans, on the other hand Europeans have a far healthier outlook on life. All of Europe for example have national health care for all.

In this country a group of elite rich people have the republican politicians so under control [ and many democrats too] that Obama could only get a flimsy health care package through congress and those pigs even complain about that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

It's the Stolkholm Syndrome.

Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness....The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28, 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed from their six-day ordeal.

The following criteria seem to fit rather smoothly:

The following are viewed as the conditions necessary for Stockholm syndrome to occur.

* Hostages who develop Stockholm syndrome often view the perpetrator as giving life by simply not taking it. In this sense, the captor becomes the person in control of the captive’s basic needs for survival and the victim’s life itself.[1]
* The hostage endures isolation from other people and has only the captor’s perspective available. Perpetrators routinely keep information about the outside world’s response to their actions from captives to keep them totally dependent.[1]
* The hostage taker threatens to kill the victim and gives the perception of having the capability to do so. The captive judges it safer to align with the perpetrator, endure the hardship of captivity, and comply with the captor than to resist and face murder.[1]
* The captive sees the perpetrator as showing some degree of kindness. Kindness serves as the cornerstone of Stockholm syndrome; the condition will not develop unless the captor exhibits it in some form toward the hostage. However, captives often misinterpret a lack of abuse as kindness and may develop feelings of appreciation for this perceived benevolence. If the captor is purely evil and abusive, the hostage will respond with hatred. But, if perpetrators show some kindness, victims will submerge the anger they feel in response to the terror and concentrate on the captors’ “good side” to protect themselves.[1]

S&F btw

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So your telling me,that you feel you have "riot in the streets" to effect change in America? What happened to voting? Oh so you feel that voting is bullsh¥t? Think about it? Yeh, congratulations you finally figured it out. Keep on thinking much more sh¥t to follow.reply to post by strafgod

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

You stated it properly, in that the wealthiest people in the country got that way through criminal means, Geitner, Bernake, Blago, pretty much everyone else in the US of A. They are all working for each other and covering each others butts. These people are incrementally putting us into a technology dictatorship where we will all become slaves. I cant remember who said it, but "a slave that doesnt know that he/she is a slave is the best kind. It makes the chances of revolt small."

Anytime I see a credit card statement with a balance, I cant help but think that I am slave to the people that I owe that debt to. I couldnt imagine have a car or house payments. It just baffles me. I think the best thing the US of A could do, is create a bank run on the said December 7, 2010 to show that we are truly in control. Screw the plastic, start using cash!

Basically, we need to recall all of the House and Senate, and vote in people with no connections to big business or other special interests. I would bet that this country would turn around on a dime. It would be tough, but very doable.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Good post.

Americans want to think of themselves as the possible the future rich - not the current poor. We all have been taught if we want to join the rich, we have to cater to the rich. To be wealthy, we have been taught we shouldn't support aid programs or allow the rich to be taxed.

In reality the poor aren't better off by supporting programs for the rich. It also isn't true the elites don't take government hand-outs - they sure do. They just don't call it welfare - they use terms like bailouts and tax cuts.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"Work smart, then hard."
More efficient.
P.A.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I for one know what it's like to constantly have overhead a glass cieling, observing where I am at, and seeing - beyond the bullet proof glass - where I belong.

My talents in several various avenues in life easily should have made me wealthy, however it's the competition, and the 'who you know, not what you know and what you can do' BS that has kept me down!

I'm so tired of someone else controlling the yes or no button regarding my success in life, because UNLESS I BECOME AFFILIIATED AS A FREE MASON I won't have the job GUARANTEE that a prominant free mason told me would become mine by joining - within my own trade at that mind you.

That's right, I was told that by becomming a Free Mason, I would never lose my job... As a union member, a job that pays me 52 dollars an hour when you add the health benefits to it...

As a union member, I've been out of work now for 7 months! And I know, that 'the good ol' boys' in my local union - the Free Masons of the bunch - are still working.... I completely understand how it is now, that alot of times I'd have an absolute MORON as a foreman, and when it came time to lay off, the MORONS kept thier jobs, while the one who provided the solutions was let go...

As a sound engineer, the competition was even worse. I'd have companies literally coax me in to create thier sound effects for thier projects, promising me a contract, who literally stole my work when I went along with it, thinking that the contract would arrive in the mail tomorrow...

Even now, as a producer who supplies sound effects to online libraries for sale, I know I'm getting stolen from. Come on - 39 thousand views on a soundtrack, with only 60 sales...

Whatever, right?

I've literally spent YEARS endeavoring to break into the Film industry...

You hear that? ....................... That is the sound of the replies I'd gotten back from the demoreels I'd sent in. Meanwhile, I'll be damned if I go see a movie and somehow certain mixes within it, or in a commercial I happen to watch, doesn't sound close to my material!

I'm not going to go into all the other ventures I'd made efforts to succeed within. The fact is is that THE OP IS DEAD ON RIGHT ABOUT THINGS BEING LIKE THE WAY IT WAS PRESENTED...

IT'S ALL RIGGED TO BENEFIT THE SOCIETY OF FREE MASONS - THE REAL WE THE PEOPLE - THE VERY ONES WHO FOUNDED THIS COUNTRY AND MAINTAINED IT WITH LIES AND EXPLOITATION!

You only have to consider entities such as the Stock Market, the Federal Reserve, and why you are certified at birth, liscensed at marriage, and certified at death to understand that if you are not a Free Mason, you are then enslaved. That's cold hard reality...

What Now, Brown Cow?....
edit on 4-11-2010 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Applause! We let them win because the American people are apparently idiots. They are told the truth, and they are told lies, and they believe the lies. Because they are narrow minded greedy materialistic superficial drones who can't think past their next whopper, and could care less about their fellow man.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

How dare you? You are stereotyping, categorizing, and insulting everyone who doesn't think like you do.

I dont get it. You stereotype all americans, call them idiots, drones, etc. then turn around and call out another poster for stereotyping and categorizing? Im not trying to be a jerk here, but I see some faults with your logic...

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I dont get it. You stereotype all americans, call them idiots, drones, etc. then turn around and call out another poster for stereotyping and categorizing? Im not trying to be a jerk here, but I see some faults with your logic...

Yip. I sure did.

And as for my logic, well, I'm an American. It's to be expected.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

LOL i commend you honesty! Isnt it great to be american?

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The first page of this thread had some excellent arguments and counter-arguments.

1) There is a growing class divide that keeps the rich getting richer
2) Hard work and perseverance can help bridge that gap for an individual
3) Luck, ruthless competition can often be necessary to succeed in this system
4) Rioting doesn't solve anything

Personally, I would consider myself successful. I have a great home, career and live comfortably. That being said, I still think the system is flawed. Just an in-depth observation of some of the biggest problems in the world will lead you to this conclusion.

War - long known to be solely for profit and exploration of foreign peoples and resources

Pollution - Mega corporations are contaminating our water and air because they cannot cheaply dispose of their mega-waste. Big oil and cheap coal will continue to fight clean renewable energies because they steal their customers

Health - while obesity and food waste are rampant in this country, other parts of the world are starving. Pharmaceutical companies have a stranglehold on medicine and medical education. Nutrition and preventative care are nearly non-existent

Corruption - Power and greed are virtues in this country yet our moral code suggest we be humble and giving. Money is the way to true personal freedom, the more you have the more you get away with as long as it remains the key to true freedom and as long as freedom has a price tag, corruption will be inherent.

Psyche - The average American is insecure, at odd with themselves and totally confused. Cognitive disorders are the norm and advertising has them chasing products and lifestyles rather than acknowledging the steaming pile of dung that is their life

It goes on and on. The pointless fight against technological unemployment, the false left/right poo-slinging paradigm, the general dumbing down of the consumer populace. Most understand this but remain apathetic. Why? Because there is no united solution. We rely on democracy to save us, it will not because we have no true democracy. The sad part is, many of the questionable actions our leaders take are in our best interests, to perpetuate this system and it's perceived prosperity. They cannot fix our problems any more than a lawyer can fix a broken sink.

Capitalism is not working.

We need a whole new social-economic system otherwise we will face continued insanity, waste and lack of true prosperity for all.

America will never progress because we are divided and uneducated. Until we unite in a common view and solution, so our lament is one solitary cry, we will continue to be conquered.

K

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Capitalism is not the problem. ANY economic system can be hijacked by criminals. Face it folks, they have hijacked the world economy. Are ALL of the nations capitalists?
Correct me if I am wrong, but we let them establish the federal reserve, right? We, our parents and grandparents didn't really pay all that much attention to what was going on. We, of all ages, should have been born raising hell until that crap was thrown out. The super rich you are talking about are the ones very close to the printing presses, and the wall street mega bankers that manipulate the paper. They are not capitalists, they are criminals and they are stealing from the WORLD.
Much of Europe is protesting, yes, but guess what? They don't have the dollar, the reserve currency. They are not privileged like the Americans that just print the trillions. Well, our turn will come, and when it does, watch out!
Unfortunately, we as a people are not that educated, and will just destroy each other instead of the real enemy. Just more entertainment for the elites I am afraid.
I mean, really, some are crying because some career bureaucrats got thrown out on their asses?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here we go again with all the typical bah America response. While all the Europeans on the board rush to pat each others backs and stroke each others egos. Ahh the if only Americans would do their part.

I'm going to state this very sarcastically so bear with me...

If Americans rebel heaven will not immediately replace earth, the poor and starving will not be fed. Most of the elite don't even live here anymore just conduct business here. Think about it would you rather live where the citizens are armed or where even if they rebel I can pull out m60's and tanks in the streets and mow them down like a Hitler rerun!

Just as we must be one worldwide in our struggle.

A petty few workers rioting in England or France and America is not going to bring them down it comes down to people not going to stop these tyrants.

It all comes down to people. Everyone that works to directly perpetuate government needs to quit. Yes I know giving up that cushy 70-200k a year job that does nothing but opress people. Go out into the real world And make a change. Stop enforcement. Stop the backroom deals and front room thievery. Prosecute the real criminals, the black budget alphabet agencies of the world all operatives, all megabusiness owners and policy makers.

But most specifically I'm taking about all the people that have been in power from the 60's onward, mainly the council on foreign relations and trilateral commission all prosecuted and condemned for crimes against humanity. Those that conspire for the sake of imperialism and conquest and theft of resources. If those people were hunted and prosecuted then things would change.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Right on Stewie! Capitalism, communism, fascism, what ever your ism...the corrupt, sociopathic always scurry to the top of the heap. Maybe it's because excrement floats?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Beevowiz

Why don't you tell the credit card companies to JAM IT! Did you agree to the exorbedant interest rate that you have now? All of the fees? STICK IT TO THE MAN ANYWAY YOU CAN!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Capitalism is not the problem, it was the proposed solution to the problem which has always been "survival". The fact remains, it isn't working. It puts at the center of it's ideology the dog-eat-dog mentally of competition that is the antithesis of civilization under the guise of providing services and spurring innovation. Prosperity cannot be measured in GDP, it is measured by the lives of it's people. The people here are largely dying of cancer, borderline insane, angry and depressed.

Corruption in governments always happen because there is always an incentive. Be it money or power, corruption will follow.

Two logical conclusions we can come to are. 1) Remove money as a central means for freedom and survival thus eliminating the incentive. 2) Do not create seats of power in which one man (or a small few) can determine the fates of many. With debts rising and another $600bn being created out of thin air, it is obvious the money system is a joke. But the joke is on the poor. The second conclusion was a founding element of democracy that has been sadly lost though manipulation of the system.

Call it idealism if you like but frankly there is far too much cynicism, apathy and ignorance in this world. What is lacking is Idealism, educated tangible solutions and people to support and institute those solutions. You can wait for government to do it our you can ignore them, band together in communities and make it happen.

K

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

I think your onto something here. They pyramidal system of power structure is the culprit. There's no reason we should have to pay for anything on a Planet we were born on. Everyone should be provided with everything they need, no exorbedant extra's and we should work for the betterment of mankind, all of us! Imagine, actually working at something you are really interested in without regard to earning money. If your good at a job you hate, think of what you could do at a job you love?

edit on 4-11-2010 by HUMBLEONE because: Cause I wanted to add three groovy dudes!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

First, I would like to say we agree more so than we disagree. In these posts, all you see are words, except for the judicious use of emoticons.

Anyway, I am not defending the indefensible...those that use their power and influence to corner markets, drive out competition, and destroy lives and livelihoods. They take bribe money and help polluters pollute, criminals (white collar) steal, and justice be damned.
These people have certain personality traits that insure that they will rise to the top. A ruthless thirst for power. Their brothers and sisters in crime exist in every country.
When I look around in America, I see fat people with hardly a care in the world, sports "enthusiasts" that couldn't run 50 feet without having a heart attack...people pretty much in their own little world. Something worked a little TOO well. You might say, these people are indefensible as well. As long as they can indulge, they really don't much care what goes on in the rest of the world.
Yes, we have real problems, but so many people look to others to take care of them, and I don't just mean welfare recipients. They are a huge part of the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join