It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class War Spurs Violent Clashes in Europe -- Why Are Americans Just Letting the Super Rich Win?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I was speaking in generalities, not directing it at you. If you thought that I apologize.

I do however dare to comment on the do just enough to get by and then complain about not succeeding crowd.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well fact is we are living in 2-Class System. No one can deny that. The middle-Class Firms are gone or are been lead everyday to be Bankrupt. We are heading sooner or later to a social collapse. I have watched a nice video today, really an eyeopener. If any want to watch it take your pop-corn. (1:14:00 long)

End of Liberty

Peace
edit on 3-11-2010 by Seed76 because: Minor corrections

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

I refuse to see nothing. I, unlike many today, love my country and realize that it is a good system. Yes there are bad people at the top and we let them get there. Violence however is the exact WRONG answer. Those people rioting in Europe are as phony as the Anarchists here. They destroy innocent peoples property and run on mad rampages and they are not fooling anyone.

If you are doing well, why would you not want to work peacefully to improve our system. Violence is always the last resort and if it is not the people leading it are as bad as the people they fight against.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Although I almost entirely agree with the OP I've got to ask...

You do know Ché was an evil tyrant, serial killing terrorist do you ?

Personally I've never blamed society for my mistakes... The best thing I've learned is to always look on the bright side of life. It's Karma, it's good and it comes back to you. People will be helpful when you shine positivity...

Lady in Waiting.
You go girl !...

But why are you pissed ?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thank you.

But why are you pissed ?

Because we lost the house, and everybody seems to think that's a good thing, and I personally do not.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
reply to post by Blaine91555

I appreciate your response. There is something blatantly wrong, inherently evil going on when people are unemployed, starving and a very small minority of the population lives in unbeleivable luxury. No they didn't earn it, most of them had it handed to them by their Robber Baron mommy or daddy. I am happy that your business is successful. I hope that it stays that way. I hope only the best for you.

Well since most millionaires are first generation you are talking about a tiny number of people. They don't always win. If Soros won, we would not have just watched one Party walk all over the other yesterday. We have a system where we can win and we can control them by peaceful means.

People have to vote first of all, not just talk about. They have to run for office if they have the qualifications.

It's no worse now than it was in the 60's and we prospered after that and we did not fail. Same will happen this time unless people roll over and play dead and I see people waking up. But not waking up to say hey lets go riot and destroy innocent peoples property to prove some point we have and pretend we are acting like crazed animals to save us all.

This stuff in Europe and riots fool nobody. Those rioters could care less about anything other than rioting and causing more problems, not solving problems. Only children and adults with childish minds riot in a Free Country. Were we not free I might say differently, but these insane anti-Capitalist are not exactly Freedom Fighters are they. The US is not a Theocratic atrocity like Iran or a State like China where most of the citizens are nothing but slaves. We have lot's of opportunity here.

I have a guy for instance who has been hounding me for a job, which I don't have right now, that dropped by and told me he is picking up wooden pallets out of alleys. He found a local shipper that gives him $2 a pallet to bring them in in good shape. He repairs the bad ones and gathers up the good ones people throw out and he is earning about $500 a week. He will be the next one I hire and he is not even qualified, but I'd love to train a man that motivated. His Wife and Children are lucky to have him. Try that in most of the rest of the world and see if you can pull in that much money?

Money just represents the work you do. It's not evil unless used for evil which I admit some do, but not all or even anywhere near a majority do.

My glass is and always will be half full, because when it was half empty my life was nothing and miserable and now it's not half bad. I'm sitting here on the Internet now talking with you because I can. After 25 years of personal sacrifice building something, I can sit around and do not much and still earn what I need. Had I wised up 35 years ago, I'd be retired and traveling. My fault entirely I'm not, not anyone elses.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How do you manage to instantly associate people standing up against a corrupt government as being wild and unruly 'rioters'?...., I seriously don't care about your employment history, that means absolutely nothing, and it also has nothing to do with our current economic conditions. I have run the operations of a business myself and I've worked as a federal contractor, and the fact I'm still in my twenties, I think I got it pretty damn good, but I would rather have Americans be actively involved against a growing corrupt government that is stripping away civil liberties and allowing the Federal Reserve to go unchecked than be expected to remain apathetic and content...regardless of your personal economic situation.
edit on 3-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 3-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You are right but the super rich are a well organized cabal with PR people and their own news station and a polished and sure fire message, something to the effect of
"If not for American Entrepreneurship, the entire country would dry up and blow away."
"America is where you can start with nothing and make something of yourself!!!"
And they will offer a half dozen EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE, just to prove their point and get your nose back to the grindstone.

Against health care. Against education. Against marijuana.
Pro liquor, pro cigarettes, pro guns...pro gambling...

They complain about spending when we invest in health care for children and in American auto companies (call it Obamacare and a bailout) 2 policies that essentially pay for themselves in the long run.

Yet, not a WORD when the last administration put 2 wars - where we get nothing back but anti American sentiment, dead soldiers, and a gushing faucet of military spending flowing into the pocket of Dick Cheney and friends ..on a USA CREDIT CARD....
And a prescription drug program that makes pharmaceutical companies rich and people purchase more drugs...on a USA CREDIT CARD.
Our children pay for it - while now Dick Cheney, and HIS children and those making money off WAR - our military industrial complex, hired contractors, huge chemical, drug and pharmaceuticals companies - are ALL spending the windfall... laughing it up on yachts and golf courses the world over.
These ARE the SUPER RICH!
Meantime Americans regularly lose their life for the sake of a health test they couldn't afford to prevent it. Small businesses flounder, and a large number of Americans are out of work and looking for help.
How do we react to George and Dick putting us in this hole and raking us and our children over the coals?
Form Tea Parties! and blame Obama.
Talk about a planned and well calculated distraction!

This a devilish hierarchy with a control and kill agenda.
Make no mistake - they are ruthless and will stop at nothing and nothing can stop them, from advancing their plans for world/human domination and control...nothing but us.

The major corporate polluters are employer giants and so a great many people need to be loyal to their companies just to put food on the table. Duped into thinking they are going to have to work harder, longer for less if they complain or step up to try and change it. Companies are hanging peoples insurance policies over their heads now. Typically people are fired just prior to receiving the benefits they are entitled to after working for the company all their lives. We already work twice the hours as people in Europe on a regular basis and take less vacations.

We have a political party RUNNING ON extending tax breaks for the wealthy and at the same time raising the retirement age.

Basically is it because we are slaves already with blinders (distractions of overwork, gambling, booze and sports, wheel of fortune, idol, dancing with the...etc) firmly in place.
We are unable to focus on either side to see we are even stuck, much less, how to free ourselves.
Our freedom is an illusion.
We think we are free since we CAN overwork, gamble, drink, watch sports and dancing with the stars...
We are far from free.
In front of us is a big picture, a steady stream of misinformation....Tells us we are happy and content if only we smoke this or drink that. We are upset at BIG GOVERNMENT taking away it's power and giving it to "entrepreneurs" i.e. BIG BUSINESS. Essentially we are pointing a gun at our own foot and pulling the trigger.

We are the BIG GOVERNMENT. We are the only thing that prevents the 1% super rich and corporate giants running every minutia of our lives and killing people and the planet in the process.

When government is gone human effort will be converted and translated as energy units to be harnessed and used.

Ever hear... like if you watch Glenn Beck, or heard of the Illuminati...
that meanings are often hidden in symbols?
Symbols are hiding in plain sight?

Curious the symbol for woman is often an "O"
While for a man the symbol is often an "X"

And we all know what the F stands for.

FOX
Make no mistake about this either.
They are out to F us all.
Doing a darn good job of it too.
edit on 3-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hey man, it's not just hard work that gets you there. As others have stated, it's also a number of chance happenings that must occur in order to make it into the upper middle class or better.

This coming from someone who's parents both run companies, never went to college, and are in the top 1-2% income for U.S. households. Both my parents worked their asses off from 60-80 hours a week when I was growing up, but it certainly wasn't just that. Not in the least. My parents are both brilliant, and brilliance doesn't just happen to you. It's pretty much 50% genetics which people don't have control over, and 50% having a nurturing environment which people only mostly have control over after a certain age, and before that point ... it's when it seems to matter most.

-So IQ is certainly a factor.
-EQ is a factor
-Chance networking is a factor
-Hard Work is a factor

..and probably many more. Now, only one of those is truly totally within one's ability to control. The last one. It would be quite apathetic or at the very least naive to think that many, many people don't put in very hard work every day, and yet are barely able to make ends meat. Admit it, at the very least you're brighter than the average cat. Half the people have an IQ less than 100.. these people have a very small chance of ever owning a business and being successful and/or moving up the ladder.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Applause! We let them win because the American people are apparently idiots. They are told the truth, and they are told lies, and they believe the lies. Because they are narrow minded greedy materialistic superficial drones who can't think past their next whopper, and could care less about their fellow man.

That's why.

I love you.

DING DING DING !!

Uh.... it's not really the top 1% either. The super rich do very little damage, imo. It's the elite. There is a difference.
edit on 3-11-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I agree. There won't be enough cops and military to stop it. reply to post by W3RLIED2

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Wally Hope

I'm not lucky at all. I came from a poor Farming family. I started my current business with under $200. Anyone could have done it.

This where you are wrong, not everyone can do it. You are lucky you grew up and live somewhere that made it possible for you to succeed. Americans work no harder than the Chinese in sweat shops for example. It's not hard work, it's luck.

Lets just say a half dozen companies open doing the same as you but cheaper, and you lose business and become bankrupt because of it, hard work or luck? What would happen if everyone was suddenly a million dollars richer, would they be wealthy, or would market prices adjust and a million dollars become worthless?

Capitalism requires a poverty class, and an unemployed class. Capitalism creates poverty because it concentrates resources into the hands of the few who will only part with it for a profit, even if it means people die. BTW capitalism is not markets, it's the private ownership of the means of production, free-markets do not have to be capitalist (privately owned). There are alternative economies to capitalism. Unemployment is a benefit for capitalists because it keep the power in their hands. If there were an abundance of good paying jobs then the owner would have to continually increase wages, and working conditions, because workers could easily find new work if they are unsatisfied. This also leads to the need for a welfare state, the capitalists need a pool of healthy unemployed, desperate people. This keep workers from demanding too much from fear of unemployment, and provides a pool of replacements if and when needed. Ever notice whenever a large war comes around we are in a recession? A happily employed population means less military recruitment.

The world is ran and controlled by a few capitalists, not the Illuminati or any other garbage, just private owners of the means of production. The same people who were Lords in the days of feudalism. They have the money and power to control world governments, and manipulate society through their media. Government is the mediator between the people and the capitalists, to keep us under the illusion we have some control, while in reality the government does what the capitalists require to maintain their control on the economy (nothing really changes from party to party). It is now a world wide system, countries competing with countries, capitalists having no elegance to anything but their profits. People wonder how the government could kill 3000 of their own people, we are not their people, we are a resource they use as they need. They have no elegance to any people but themselves.

There is nothing wrong with private ownership, the problem is when a minority privileged group can use that private property to exploit other people through control and coercion. When the means to survival are all taken by a minority group, and then used to exploit the rest, how can that be right? When land once used by the population to feed and house themselves is taken over by a 'private owner', and the population evicted (or exploited as 'workers'), how can that be right?

This is why the rich-poor divide gets wider. This is why 80% of the worlds population lives on less than $10 a day. This is why children in Africa can't get enough to eat (due a lot to corporations taking land to raise cattle for fast food joints ironically).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
According to Blaine, our system is 'good'.

I am not trying to start a flame war here, as you did in your first post, Blaine, but I believe that a few things are worth mentioning. You may have, or have not, worked hard and carved yourself a niche, I cannot judge that, as I do not know your history. You do come across as someone who is very self-centered and somewhat paranoid, as you see other people voicing their own opinions as a threat.
In truth, the oligarchy that controls our republic has, in their callous arrogance, told us repeatedly what they intend to do with our governments, our religions, our population, our freedoms, and there are plenty of resources out there if you take the time to search them out. Unless you are a multi-billionaire, you are going to lose just as much as everyone else will, or you will be destined for the slave class they are hoping to herd together.
And as for the rioting in Europe, at least they have the balls to stand up for what they believe in. Here in the Land Of The Free, everyone talks tough, like they're willing to standing up to corrupt establishments at the local level, and at several times in the past, I've tried to organize people into using their collective voices, or standing together, but the results have always ended up with them backing up in cowardice, while I alone get the reprimand or get shown to the door. (Oh, yeah, I'm not young, and I've been in the top 5% of the hardest workers in any job I've ever held.)
Nothing will change until we group together and employ a common strategy.
For all rational human beings, here's a link to www.youtube.com... on Youtube.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Multinational corporations have merged with government...

And without the government, they would have no control over you with their bartering for slave laws to keep you in place. The problem is not capitalism (though I will admit I don't agree with a lot of property rights such as land, intellectual, natural resources, etc.), the problem is GOVERNMENT.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am not, nor have I ever advocated violence. What your seeing is civil disobedience. The protesters haven't killed anyone. Violence? It's the coppers that weild the truncheon's! The greatest perpetrator of violence on the Planet is your own government. They have invaded two sovereign nations and slaughtered tens of thousands of innocent people with the aid of european lackey nations. All for the profit of big multinational corporations. Sit closer to the wood stove. It's cold up there in Alaska. The cold has skewed your faculties.reply to post by Blaine91555

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I'm sorry you lost the house.
I don't think that's a good thing. Usually a house is full of memories and emotions...
Not even mentioning the money.

A star for comfort. Yet I believe a hug would be better...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Regarding your Che comment, well that's a matter of perspective isn't it. I suppose if you you were a U.S. Sugar company corporate sociopath bent on the economic plunder of a sovereign people by proping up a tyrannical regime, then perhaps you would express that opinion.(As you sit in your 5th. Ave. Penthouse) I totally disagree with that character assasination. He was a revolutionary who was instrumental in the victory of the Cuban people over foreign dominence. The real terrorists are in Washinton and Tel Aviv. Osama bin Laden is the Emmanual Goldstein of our time.reply to post by Sinter Klaas

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by HUMBLEONE

what exactly do you want us americans to do? do you want us rioting in the streets trashing the roads, burn the buildings? that kind of protest hurts the people more than the goverments.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well... No.

He actually was an evil person. Yes he helped win a revolution, but if you didn't cooperate he shot you himself.
He killed.

I do not make this up and it's not propaganda as Mr Guivera is quite an icon... Unfortunately something he did not deserve at al. This is information from Cuban origin actually I believe there was a thread on the subject once it will take a minute to look it up for you.

I'm not really American and I've never seen a penthouse up close. I come from a family that always seem to have more days in a moth then money to get through them all.
My personal ideology is leaning almost entirely towards socialism.
edit on 11/3/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If I remember correct this is the thread : Ché. Good or bad ?

The posts from Luis9493 made me look in to the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join