It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't see/walk in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Okay so this is strange.

For the past 3 nights, in all of my dreams I'm struggling to walk. It's like I drank way too much alcohol, but I'm not drunk in the dream (and not before bed either). I just fall everywhere, my legs just lose all strength and feel insanely weak and once I fall it takes me so much effort to get back standing. When I get up i'll still loose my balance, crashing and falling into everything. I can't keep my balance or walk without falling/stumbling. I can maybe walk like 4-5 steps before I fall.
I'm in a normal setting that I would be in any other dream, but I just can't walk. My legs feel insanely weak and can't keep me up.

The other part is I can't open my eyes. They are sealed shut and it feels like when you're tired your eyes just start closing on their own..but in this case I can't stop it. I can open them but they only stay open for a few seconds.. and it's REALLY hard to open them. It was like trying to lift a very heavy object, it took a lot of strength to open my eyes. In some cases I was even separating my eyelids with my fingers. At one point I was able to keep my left eye open 70% of the time.

My entire dreams have been me falling over and trying to pry my eyes open with my fingers.

Were these just messed up dreams or can anyone make anything of this?
I'm having the same sorts of dreams I've always had (weird scenarios), but just in the past few days I ALWAYS have these symptoms in it.. can't walk or see.

I'm big into dream symbolism as I can usually interpret my own dreams and what they mean... but this is so different than what I'm used to.. and it's been happening every night for the past 3 days. I've only had this happen once before, maybe back in May.. but I thought nothing of it then as it only had happened once.

This stands out to me because it is literally hindering all my dreams. All the dreams where I wasn't able to stand or see.. I woke up really stressed. Usually I have good dreams and wake up happy and reflect on them.
edit on 3-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ugh i have these type of dreams often. its SO hard to walk, and im panting, and dragging my body.. often times i'll be crossing a big boulevard and trying to beat the traffic coming at me, pulling my lethargic legs and struggling to move inches. i then have to run backwards to move quickly. i can't jog. or if i lean back, my legs ascend and i "float" on my back down the street.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

This happens to me when in my dream I'm going to get in a fight.

I defend myself, my arms move slow when I swing, and moving is almost impossible. And I can feel the struggle of trying to move.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

This happens to me when in my dream I'm going to get in a fight.

I defend myself, my arms move slow when I swing, and moving is almost impossible. And I can feel the struggle of trying to move.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Oozii because: -

Yeah I know what you mean.

It's like we're not allowed to hurt people in our dreams. I always get the sluggish weak arms when I swing at someone, but actually last week in a dream (for the first time) I hit somebody in the face hard. I guess they deserved it?

But it's that EXACT weak feeling.. just imagine it on all of your limbs (mostly legs), causing you to fall or need to hold onto something for balance. It's lame.

Originally posted by tonypazzo
ugh i have these type of dreams often. its SO hard to walk, and im panting, and dragging my body.. often times i'll be crossing a big boulevard and trying to beat the traffic coming at me, pulling my lethargic legs and struggling to move inches. i then have to run backwards to move quickly. i can't jog. or if i lean back, my legs ascend and i "float" on my back down the street.

Why do you think you're having those dreams? As I believe our dreams reflect our own personal lives and hint at paths to take or not take. Or are you as confused as I am?
edit on 3-11-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's a psychological sign to you that you are not in control of your life (not being able to walk in dreams), sometimes also meaning someone in life is holding you back.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I used to get this type of dream a lot. I would be chasing something or being chased and it would be as though my legs couldn't go fast enough. After a short time I would end up on all fours, digging my fingers into the ground for grip and eventually running like a wolf. I've no idea what it meant. I've also had the 'blindness' dream, more like prickly over-tired eyes that I couldn't keep open.

I guess there must be some meaning there, but heck if I know what it is

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Definitely sounds like you’re struggling with something in your life…but let me suggest this…before you go to bed, say to yourself (multiple times) that if you find yourself in a position where it’s difficult to walk or see that you’re going to clap your hands and it will fix everything instantly. And as you say this to yourself, go through the motions of imagining it happen (sluggish legs or blind eyes, clap your hands, your can walk, you can see). And note to yourself that clapping your hands will work every time – each and every time – there’s not holding you back.

This nightly preparation should free you from those shackles until the dream subsides (which doesn’t make for a good night’s sleep).

Best of luck to you!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
It's a psychological sign to you that you are not in control of your life (not being able to walk in dreams), sometimes also meaning someone in life is holding you back.

Yes, this is what I was feeling while reading the OP too. Although I also think not having the eyes open is symbolising not wanting to See what the problem is so that you can fix it.. almost as if it is already deemed to be too hard to handle (?).

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
That's a very common dream motif.

It is probably dream incorporation (searchable). Incorporation is when something about your actual physical circumstances while you are dreaming becomes part of your dream. For example, your room is cold, and you dream about being a driver of a dog sled, mushing across the Yukon.

Or, indeed, your eyes are, then and there, actually closed. So, you dream that your eyes are closed.

You are also probably "paralyzed" while you are dreaming. Voluntary muscle movements are inhibited during rapid eye movement sleep in healthy people. It seems that you became aware of that low grade paralysis, and then it showed up in your dream as a plot element.

Is dream incorporation of your muscles really being restrained "meaningful?" Umm... who isn't "struggling with something" every day they're alive? And if somehow you weren't struggling with anything, then that would be a great reason to dream about what's missing from your life.

If you're looking for meaning, then I would suggest thinking about the rest of the dream, what you were prevented from doing, not that you were prevented from doing it. But I wouldn't work too hard. The source of dreams is entitled simply to play once in while, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

i have had these dreams before where i feel like i am trying to walk through oatmeal and just never get anywhere

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MurrayTORONTO

I get these kind of dreams all the time and in every one I'm either in a public place or at home and it's always with my parents and sister... I'm loosing my balance, and just falling and eventually I give up and just start crawling... also I can't really see and everything is blurry and I'm really tired, and another add on to this is I try to scream for help and nothing comes out I'm talking and nothing comes out... everyone is just living an avarage day doing normal things while I'm done here screaming for help and no one is hearing me or even paying attention it's like I'm not there and I'm struggling with everything

new topics

top topics

join