It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He won the Senate election, I think he has a bright future!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Joe Manchin (D) won the Wester Virginia Senate election with 54% - 43% against Republican John Raese. This is a true Southern Conservative Democrat. I hope, I pray, this man has a bright future in National American politics. This man is a true American who holds a 70% approval in West Virginia as governor and believes strongly in bringing both sides to the table.

He said he would vote against Obama and would be an Independent in the Senate. He's not some San Francisco Liberal and he is not a Tea Party Conservative, he is a West Virginia American!!!!!

Joe Manchin 2012/16!!

edit on 11/3/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, God bless Joe but, I already know the Tea Party and/or the GOP is going to put all their cards on Marco Rubio.

Rubio will be the next big thing.

He may not have the integrity and character (I don't even know enough about him to say he doesn't) - he has the humble Spanish/American success story background, the exact right appearance and spot on message, he can deliver an inspiring, mesmerizing and convincing performance to the working class.

There will be no stopping this man...mark my words. No pun intended.

I am guessing his name stems from Rubicon which I happened to look up.

It means BEGINNING OF THE END.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You make him sound great, but I can't watch the video yet.

My father and I have had a discussion that relates to this. My father is certain he is a Democrat, but all of his beliefs are simliar to mine, which makes him a Republican, but he won't believe it!! Somewhere in between my generation and his the roles reversed. A "true, southern Democrat" as you put it would be my father, and me, and most of the Tea Party Republicans, LOL!

I despise Palin, and O'donnell, and FOX news, but I do love my local Tea Party, and I am guilty of demonizing all "Democrats" as "California liberals" as you put it.

I hope you are absolutely correct about this guy. I hope there are still some Democrats out there that realize what their party used to be, and I hope there are still some Tea Partiers out there that don't think they have to vote Republican!

What we need are leaders that want to represent us instead of control us.
What we need are people that will legislate and make decisions based on their own moral rectitude, experience, and intelligence despite what their party says or what the polls say!
I would gladly vote for someone that disagrees with me, as long as they promise not to change their mind if my opinion becomes more popular than theirs. I don't want them agreeing with me for the sake of popularity, I want them making bold decisions!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I think you are correct, and I don't know if I like it or not yet. So far the only thing I really like about him is his hot wife!

He did blow Charlie Crist out of the water, so that was a good thing!! He also basically ended the career of Kendrick Meek, and that is even a better thing!!

I am like you, and I already here people here talking about his 2012 presidential run.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This guy is everything I said and then some. Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, No gay marriage, Balanced Budgets but supports investment in infrastructure, transportation, and education. He is hard-core Blue Dog Democrat. I don't know where he stands on ObamaCare and other big government programs like that but he said:

"When you look and you see putting the party first and putting your personal agenda second and your country last it doesn't work and that's not how we do it in West Virginia. That isn't how we repair things in West Virginia and make them work, we put West Virginia first and we will put America first.

We have to be very careful when the political parties put the next election ahead of the next generation, there's no way we can let that happen."

"I am going there and I intend to work with everyone who is going to put their country first. I don't care if you are Democrat or Republican, Liberal or Conservative, Business or Labor, it's how we do it and it works well."

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I am not a Republican or a Tea Party supporter, trust me. I am a Social Conservative and an Economic liberal. I don't support ObamaCare or the Department of Education or Globalization (Free Trade), I am the old school Southern Democrat who supports the welfare state before the Clinton reforms and the national investment like Roosevelt pursued.

I would not support another Obama election or a Hillary Clinton election but I definitely would not support the Big Business Republicans who think they can export American values at the cost of our young men and women as well as our economy. Nor will I support Big Government Democrats who think they can spend American money at the cost of our young men and women as well as our economy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You double posted, and I starred them both! If he is everything you claim, then he needs to make a Presidential Run! W.VA would be a good jumping off point for a true Democrat. If the Republicans start to have trouble following up on all their big promises, then it opens the door for a guy like this in 2012. I think Obama's shot is history, he won't even get his own party's nomination. Right now it is looking like Hillary vs. Marco Rubio in 2012.

Maybe your guy can be the spark we need!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Whoops! I didn't read. Those were two different posts.

It sounds like our views are identical, and I am a registered Republican and a big Tea Party supporter! (Tallahassee Tea Party NOT Tea Party Express!)

Anyhow, I do not support the entrenched Big Money Republicans either. "Blue Dog" has gotten a negative connotation, and I don't know what the true definition of it is. The "true southern Democrat" that you speak of is desperately needed!

Our local Tea Party had a great candidate for the House. He was a Libertarian, and he went Independent, and he got stomped by the Republican candidate. That was proof that the Tea Party message was lost and hijacked by the MSM. That single race proved to me that all the big money and big press was successful in making the "Tea Party" equal to the "Republican Party." What a shame! As usual, most people missed the point entirely!

Here is the guy they were supposed to vote for: Paul McKain
But here is the Republican guy that got elected: Steve Southerland
The big money won out over the fantastic platform and hometown support.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I really hope those that were voted in that are being touted as possible presidential nominees for 2012 respectfully decline. Serve your initial post for the amount that is prescribed. If Marco Rubio is who he says (and what others say) it would be in his best interest to stick with his principles and not run in 2012. Doing so will let down those that believed in him to get the job done in Congress.

Beside, Congress is where its at. The Executive really holds no power except. If tomorrow, Congress pulled the funding for Iraq and Afghanistan, it would be so. Whereas if the president declared ending the wars, it would still have to go through Congress.

Both the persons that you and Misoir have opinined about are promising IF they hold true to their campaigning.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I think the big difference between the two of us would be my support for Labor Unions. I don't think they should be allowed to dump mass amounts of money into campaigns but I do believe they are crucial in protecting American jobs. The 'Taft-Hartley Act' violated international Labor Rights standards and was passed by Harry Truman in 1947. I would most definitely love to see that repealed.

With the current government we have today they are so unwilling to fund projects to rebuild America. With clowns like this in government we would never have the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, the Hoover Dam, or the Interstates, just to name a few. I say BBI!!

Buy American
Build American
Invest American
edit on 11/3/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

our beloved senator robert byrd mr kkk himself

that said negates everything else

he changed his stance because he wanted to get relelected.

the guy is a politican and thats all he is promises the moon and delievers nothing.

sorry man i have no respect for the guy or the audience that cheer him when he made that comment about byrd.
edit on 3-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join