It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wondering if anyone believed it's unnecessary to eat animals and animal byproducts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe we should begin to consider that eating animal and animal by products is no longer as essential as it was when we first began eating animal and animal by products. Thank you and please try to respond nicely but if you can't then you may respond the way you were going to respond.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
with wonderful grains like Quinoa, we no longer have to worry about eating meat to get all of our essential amino acids, because Quinoa has 9 of them!

I grew up eating meat, but I must say, I don't eat nearly as much as I used to, and my body definitely does feel lighter and more energetic because of it. I think I am slowly going to make the shift towards eating only fish, but I still love turkey, I'm not gonna lie.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't know how necessary or unnecessary the consumption of animals is, but I sure believe that they taste good. Especially fried and with some sort of gravy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ok cool thats very nice of you to say. G-d bless you sister or brother for trying to do the right thing. If you don't believe in G-d then hey that good that you are trying to live a more conscious lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
I don't know how necessary or unnecessary the consumption of animals is, but I sure believe that they taste good. Especially fried and with some sort of gravy.
This is the type of comment I was hoping to avoid but since people can't help themselves to the door I will provide a chute and ladder system to the dungeon where I keep my lion.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Humans are omnivores, and until recent history we pretty much ate whatever we could pick, dig up, catch, trap etc. without poisoning ourselves.
We do have a choice today, but for how long?
I personally don't think it will be too long before we lose the option to be choosy, and it might be good to keep our digestion system ready for anything.
I eat a varied diet, as long as it's fresh I'll eat it.
Humans are animals, we're just part of the food chain. IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
Humans are omnivores, and until recent history we pretty much ate whatever we could pick, dig up, catch, trap etc. without poisoning ourselves.
We do have a choice today, but for how long?
I personally don't think it will be too long before we lose the option to be choosy, and it might be good to keep our digestion system ready for anything.
I eat a varied diet, as long as it's fresh I'll eat it.
Humans are animals, we're just part of the food chain. IMO.
what does IMO mean?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GheauxstTiger

In My Opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks and I understand your point of view sort of in some areas.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GheauxstTiger

This is the type of comment I was hoping to avoid but since people can't help themselves to the door I will provide a chute and ladder system to the dungeon where I keep my lion.

I don't understand the point. Does lion meat taste good fried and with gravy?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well from my point of view i would start avoiding the general meat like chicken and beef, but i would start eating other exotic meat ( exotic to me at least) like wagyu meat also known as kobe beef ( i read somewhere that its rich in omega 3 and 6, and it tastes 100 times greater than normal beef )and wild game meat. why those? because you can be sure those havent been injected with who knows what ( like hormones for faster growing, etc)

now i shouldve asked this first but from what point is the OP seen, i mean should we avoid eating animals because they are sentient beings, they have rights and we are slaughtering them, or the point i gave of how manipulated our food is?

now as another poster told quinoa is a great food as a lot of other grains but sooner or later theyll be genetically modified like everything else in this world, i guess we will end up eating bugs and dirt

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Meat is fast, it's quick energy, and lots of it . With some fat it will get you through winter and a food shortage.

You are correct these days we don't need meat as we usually have a regular meal. But I'm not even thinking about going vegetarian
edit on 11/3/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For a long time I was a vegetarian and I did pretty well. I stayed very healthy while I was doing it too. I believe vegan can also work, but you need to plan your diet very carefully to get all the nutrients you need.

I eventually ended up getting interested in bodybuilding, and I can tell you that eating lots of meat has made all the difference in my progress. When I was vegetarian it didn't go so well.

So as long as you're not trying to put on any muscle, I'd say its a pretty good lifestyle. I definitely enjoyed it

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

What sort of gravy do you propose the lion have with you on the menu and no the lion doesn't care if you are deep fried or not furthermore the gravy isn't much of an issue either. No the lion isn't a vegetarian. No you understand a little better what my point is now. Also the chute from the chair of the table in which you sat to make that careless comment is slick and fast but the ladder from the lion den is decrepid and broken so it won't be of much use trying to escape. smile ;-(

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosnanomex
well from my point of view i would start avoiding the general meat like chicken and beef, but i would start eating other exotic meat ( exotic to me at least) like wagyu meat also known as kobe beef ( i read somewhere that its rich in omega 3 and 6, and it tastes 100 times greater than normal beef )and wild game meat. why those? because you can be sure those havent been injected with who knows what ( like hormones for faster growing, etc)

now i shouldve asked this first but from what point is the OP seen, i mean should we avoid eating animals because they are sentient beings, they have rights and we are slaughtering them, or the point i gave of how manipulated our food is?

now as another poster told quinoa is a great food as a lot of other grains but sooner or later theyll be genetically modified like everything else in this world, i guess we will end up eating bugs and dirt
All three perspective do I view as reasons not to eat them (animals) plus it is an unnecessary act of violence and sacrifice. I goal is to increase the consciousness of our primative dependence on meat. If we all made at least a more conscientious effort we could change not only our health as a people but many of the problems we all face would be altered for the better.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Meat is fast, it's quick energy, and lots of it . With some fat it will get you through winter and a food shortage.

You are correct these days we don't need meat as we usually have a regular meal. But I'm not even thinking about going vegetarian
edit on 11/3/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)
If your not part of the solution then you likely fall into the catogory of being part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GheauxstTiger

Right...

So, what's the problem then ? Or do you think we should not eat animals because their cut ?.

For someone that asks for a nice respond in return you label me as the problem rather quickly. The world is not so black and white.
I don't really like it when someone is forcing their opinion down my throat. Though, maybe when it's wrapped in a nice package... I might play along.

Don't worry about it. I'm not insulted. I'm just telling what I notice from your post. I might completely misunderstand you all together.

Regards

~Sinter

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What sort of gravy do you propose the lion have with you on the menu and no the lion doesn't care if you are deep fried or not furthermore the gravy isn't much of an issue either. No the lion isn't a vegetarian. No you understand a little better what my point is now. Also the chute from the chair of the table in which you sat to make that careless comment is slick and fast but the ladder from the lion den is decrepid and broken so it won't be of much use trying to escape. smile ;-(

Yes. That's right. Lions are not vegetarians.

I like meat. I eat beef, chicken, turkey, pork, rabbit, dog, squirrel, horse. I eat fish, goose, quail, dove, duck. Any kind of meat food I eat. I like sausage, hot dogs, chili, shish kabobs, ham, bologney, salami, pastrami, liverwurst. I eat turtles, snakes, sharks, alligators, octopus, eels, cats, possums, raccoons, bears. The last meats are greasy and stringy, but I like them just the same. Ostrich is good meat to eat, buffalo is great, deer is excellent maybe my favorite. Elk, antelope, moose when i can get them, especially in a stew. I would like to try lion, giraffe, elephant, zebra, tiger, leapord, cheetah, panda bear, whale and anything else that is meat.

If you look like food, you will be eaten.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just a thought, but what about cultures that eat predominately meat?
Mongolians live in an environment that is very difficult to cultivate plants etc, so their diet is pretty much based around meat and dairy.
Are they wrong to do this?

new topics

top topics

join