It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans just made things a lot harder for themselves...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
No, I didn't say they lied to get elected. I said just because someone is registered as a Republican doesn't mean they're going to do whatever party leaders want them to, which incidentally was exactly what I meant to say.

Actually it pretty much means exactly that. That is how things work in the Republican party. Just ask anyone that has proposed anything Boehner does not agree with. 48 hours and he already shut down two "tea Partiers" and they said "YES SIR!"

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, because all too often these elected officials do exactly as you portray them.

However,
I do not understand what ever gave them the idea that they work for the party? Nobody "answers" to the Speaker of the House, or the leaders of the party. They don't even have to pacify them to get campaign contributions. Once they win the nomination at the primary, then the party must endorse and back them, and no matter how they vote on things throughout their career, as long as their constituents continue to re-elect them, their job is safe!

Why do politicians feel like their is some hierarchy they must follow? They only truly answer to the voters!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Why do politicians feel like their is some hierarchy they must follow? They only truly answer to the voters!

I do not know that answer to that question. What I do know is that this is most certainly more a Republican thing than a Democrat thing but even if you want to lay it on both, it is not news. Each and every Tea Party member that voted for a Republican representative should have known damn well it was a vote for the senior members of the party and anyone new was just going to have to sit down and fall in line like a good boy or girl with the well established Republican agenda.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I'd apply it to all of them. Too many times politicians and potential politicians spend a year demonizing each other instead of telling us where they stand on issues. I don't want to hear about Bob's affair, i want to know how you would fix the countries problems. I figure six months gives everyone enough time to tell us what their stance is and hold a few debates. It would also put an end to politicians only working for a year before going back into campaign mode.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

...Oh wait, they actually have to start passing legislation now. They have to fix the economy like they said they would. They have to listen to he people like they said they would. And they have to give people all the things that they said are wrong with Obama's policy, cut down on taxes, and cut down on spending.

No...No they don't.

They are well aware of the challenge they are facing, that is why they have already declared this an idealogical war rather than issues. Both McConnell and Boehner said there will be no compromise and the number one goal is to get Pres. Obama out of office.

No jobs...no economic plan...they will take 18 months trying to repeal healthcare reform and Pres. Obama will Veto it.

More BS....little will get done..

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

That knife cuts both ways. If Obama decides to veto everything that comes across his desk, he may find himself in that very same position.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join