It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Out: The World Bank Is Quietly Funding a Massive Corporate Water Grab

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Watch Out: The World Bank Is Quietly Funding a Massive Corporate Water Grab

www.alternet.org

"Droughts and deserts are spreading in over 100 countries," Barlow said. "It is now clear that our world is running out of clean water, as the demand gallops ahead of supply. These water corporations, backed still by the World Bank, seek to take advantage of this crisis by taking more control over dwindling water supplies."

Which is another way of saying that, regardless of the refreshing trend toward re-municipalization, no one should expect the World Bank or its IFC untouchables to give up the privatization and deregulation ghost anytime soon. That means that every city, and citizen,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have reported on this in the past, and it continues to rear its ugly head, over and over.

This a subject that EVERY human being better be paying careful and close attention to, as our very survival rests upon it.

PRIVATIZATION and corporate-controlled water supplies are becoming more and more of widespread phenomenon, and we are losing more and more of our most basic LIFE necessities to these endlessly greedy and dangerous parasites.

Watch these orgs VERY closely, and do NOT allow them to quietly come in and micromanage your water supply without you strongly protesting to your gov officials.

This is a truly crucial and potentially lethal situation brewing that all should be made aware of.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I wouldnt worry about this too aweful much. Its truly sad that someone would even think about trying to gain off of what people need to survive. They can monopolize on the things we WANT, but when it comes those things we NEED, if they push too hard they will get eaten alive.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Such a critical issue, and so absolutely ridiculous. There is far more ocean than land, and desalination in itself should be a reason to use alternative energy, for example. a clean, efficient factory on the water that harnessed the tide/wave energy, while desalinated huge quantities of water, and also, recylcing all the water we currently use already, and releasing it back into the ground, is the most obvious solution.

Time to do the right thing, and use alternative energy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes my friend, people needs to be worry at the same time that legislation was passed for the codex alimentatus another piece of legislation to give the government power to take over water supplies on private land was on the table that new piece is already been considered.

You are so right is not funny, sorry for those out there that still think anything the corrupted government does is OK and good for all of us.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If I had a staff I would ask them to find me the list of all the major landlocked freshwater aquifers in the world and narrow down the ownership distribution.... but I suspect we already know who the owners will be.... or rather ... who they won't be.... any state of people. It will always boil down to some form of corporate ownership....

The corporate citizens' stars are being made to rise.... on our backs.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Too bad our newly elected government is all about securing corporate profits over the needs of individuals. I highly doubt any Republican or Democrat for that matter will not support corporate land rights grabs, if it means new jobs. Since we are all clamoring for jobs, watch the relationship form even greater between corporate interests and government.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The problem is that when you take advantage of the economic situations of countries like now the US and farmers woes, taxes for owning and working the land, anybody in terrible need for a couple of dollars will sell their own lives to a higher bidder, that higher bidder is not government is private interest, so with legislation you either sell to private or have what you have been taken over by government.

What will you do in need. . .

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Not just corporate ownership of aquifers,

BUT

the major aquifers are already depleted!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When I read articles like this, I am even more happy to live in a country that encourages rain water storage. It's something they cannot take away from us here, it would be like trying to stop it from snowing. I have a large dugout pond on my property that stays full all year. Many homes in Saskatchewan still have working basement cisterns, collecting and filtering rain water and melting snow.

Yes my friend, people needs to be worry at the same time that legislation was passed for the codex alimentatus another piece of legislation to give the government power to take over water supplies on private land was on the table that new piece is already been considered.

The above quote is from the USA. Just another reason I would never want to live there.There is some crazy laws that I keep reading about. Way more laws than we have, for sure. :shk:

At least Canada has lots of land, and not enough population (law enforcement) to make the above enforceable. And then there is the snow, as long as we keep getting it, we'll be ok here.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
At least Canada has lots of land, and not enough population (law enforcement) to make the above enforceable. And then there is the snow, as long as we keep getting it, we'll be ok here.

So far, NAFTA does not allow the sale of bulk water exports (at least from Canada). We have the largest freshwater supply in the world.

Mulroney sold out Canada when he implemented NAFTA behind our backs. PM Harper sold out Canada when he integrated our military forces to be under American control.

This was before I know what was really going on in modern Canadian politics. We shall NEVER allow Americans access to our freshwater supply. If they all die from de-hydration then so be it, they could care less about us in such a situation. Any American on our soil stealing our water should be deported and any Canadian selling our water should be shot for treason. When famine hits the world, we will not be responsible for the consequences of foreign peoples' decadence.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I have also been a very strong voice about the claim to our water and as far as I am concerned that will include the percent we hold in our bodies. Sounds crazy I know but that is what this will boil down to in the end if steps are not taken to first alert those who stand to lose the most like the family owned and operated agricultural industry as well as the private cattlemen to name just two.

It is an Orwellian future for sure. Check out one of my past threads on the subject, it does have loads of great info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

...the claim to our water and as far as I am concerned that will include the percent we hold in our bodies. Sounds crazy I know...

Doesn't sound crazy at all.

We live in a world where people sell their kidneys and other body parts to feed their children. ...Selling blood is old hat. Selling stem cells is new age.

Tapping the body for water can't be that behind, can it?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well for me, unless the water table dries up under my property.
I haven't anything to worry about.
Also , wasn't the last James Bond movie about water grabbing?

edit on 6-11-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Definitely an important topic, and a good find. No corporation or private entity has the right to seize water, air, land or food from other human beings. That is a right that supersedes their fictional legalities, it is a basic human right.

That is why I am suspicious of carbon taxes and climate change - it seems like the pretext to put in a tax on the very air we breathe, as if these atrocious, venal liars actually owned breath and life itself.

They don't.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, as soon as a society (specifically an "ownership" society) starts to delineate certain things to be privatized, it pretty much leaves the door open to privatize it all.

-Think back to feudal society, when "poaching" was killing animals in the king's forest. Those animals were not being domesticated/raised as livestock by the king, they happened to be feral creatures that, by nature, lived in the forests and pastures on the king's land. Thus, wild animals were privatized.

-And even then people were privatized, much as they are today, though not as explicitly as we've observed in historical periods such as the African slave trade.

Privatizing land, in the first place, is perhaps the silliest thing ever, in that land only appears constant when compared to a human lifetime. We only realize land is not constant when an earthquake occurs, a landslide comes down upon us, or a tidal wave or hurricane reorganizes your beach front property.

Now, you can privatize genes, cells, bacteria, viruses and elements...

However, if you can privatize land, and you can privatize stretches of the ocean, and the ocean floor, as well as the oil under that ocean floor, and you can privatize Mr. Green Genes, the glow-in-the-dark kitty, why can't you privatize portions of the water cycle, especially the wetter parts. You might as well wonder when the air we breath will be privatized. That will take some sort of serious engineering at a level we are not at yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It's already happening - TPTB are eventually going to claim ownership of all the land, the water, the air, sunshine and wind.

I also started a thread titled, Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?, www.abovetopsecret.com...

My question now is who sam hell gave these companies the right to own the water, it belongs to all of us.

It is predicted that within 15 years a gallon of water may cost more than a gallon of gas.

The Coca Cola Company needs to "divert" two liters of the people's water to make one liter of Coke.

A family in Bolivia live right next door to a "Water Provider Company" yet cannot afford to pay this French Company for hook up to the water and must walk miles to what looked like a puddle to me.

The big international companies come into a country, pay the people very low wages so little they cannot even afford water and "divert" (steal) their water so they can't farm, bath or have enough to drink.

Today 1/3 of the people on our planet have no access to clean drinking water.

The statistics of how many children die each and every day due to lack of water is mind blowing.

Within 20 years that number will rise to 1/2.

For those of you that just don't care.

This "crisis" will eventually affect all of us.

And surprise surprise, our world politicians along with the world banks have decided to "privatize" water. Another word for selling you something that should be free, giving them yet another strangle hold on the general population.

Next we will be charged for sunshine and air.

Attached is a video, "A World Without Water".

This video is long at 1 hour & 16 minutes but well worth downloading and watching. Forewarned will be forearmed. Eventually this is going to affect all of us.

Ignore this video at your own peril.

A World Without Water The world is running out of its most precious resource. True Vision's timely film tells of the personal tragedies behind the mounting privatisation of water supplies. More than a billion people across the globe don’t have access to safe water. Every day 3900 children die as a result of insufficient or unclean water supplies. The situation can only get worse as water gets evermore scarce.

Google Video Link

Yet again, the greedy few are manipulating and bullying the masses.

Companies come in, buy up the land next to you & your well and siphen off your water and sell it back to you.........................and we keep letting them.

edit on 6-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

What if a company bought land right next door to you and siphened off all of your water maybe you would than care.

You see that is the problem with humanity. Those that have, don't empathize with those that don't, they don't care until the poop hits their fan............then all of a sudden, they care. Well get ready, the brown stuff is coming your way too.

See the video, "World Without Water" that is exactly what companies are doing and they have the gall to sell the people's water they stoled back to them...........yes, keep saying, "this doesn't affect me, I don't care".

When Pepsi Cola or Aqua Fila starts sucking up your water - you may feel differently.

What affects one of us will eventually affect all of us............bullies don't stop bullying until someone fights back.
edit on 6-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Not literally taking bodily fluids from us, more like laying claim to us just as they have the rest of the water from oceans to lakes and streams and if they have their way all private wells too.

They already see us as property, slaves, less than, so for every able body on the planet each one represents a portion of water used and consumed and that is how they think they own or can own even the water within us.

If the average human being consumes at least 45,000 liters of water in a lifetime, or about 16,000 gallons, times 6.8 billion people worldwide, tptb see this as an ever increasing risk to their continuation.

Add to these numbers all of the flushes and waste as well...

(If those numbers are wrong, i wouldn't doubt it, just a quick google search was all I did to get the #s.)
edit on 6-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As far as I know, it's already too late to protest this issue. Corporations buying up fresh water supplies was the big thing years ago. By now they're probably all owned. Just because they're not pillaging them yet doesn't mean we still own the water. Just wait until the value of fresh water rises, then you'll see who owns what.

But on a somewhat related note, what do you guys think of power companies annexing rivers to create power plants? My hometown of Petawawa Ontario is facing just such a threat. Sadly, this river is the only thing the town has going for it. Great swimming, fishing, kayaking, soon to be gone. The part of the river they want to use covers almost the entire length of the river passing through Petawawa.

It's not your town, so you may not care, but to me this is the worst thing ever. That river was my life when I was growing up there. I just can't imagine what kids will do there once it's gone.

Best info I can find on this is on the facebook page to save our river www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join