It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

live emergeny video feeds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i know this is a bit of a stretch.. but just thought i'd run it by people to see what they think..

ealier today is was listening to my police scanner, that's right, i've got one, and have become quite addicted to it.. and heard something about the local airport, couldn't really make it out as i was in the other room, something about a fender bender in the parking lot.. but it got me thinking..i know ATS has a "breaking news" forum.. but how long does it take for this "breaking news" to be found on the net, or heard on the news??

so, like i said.. i was thinking.. would it be possible... or rather probable for ATS to have a "breaking news" live emergency video feed? and i don't mean, a "ufo over my house right now" type of thing.. but more of... an.. "i live in city "x" , 10 miles from volcano "y".. and it just blew it's stack" emergency.. or maybe if someone is caught in a hostage situation (like i said, i know it's a stretch), but stranger things have happened.. if, for example, i was caught in a situation.. i'd want people to know about it.. see the REAL situation as it unfolds.. NOT what the media shows... like i said.. was just a thought... and probably a bad one..but, ya never know..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what a great idea the amount of times ive raced around the net to get an up to the minute feed that isnt mainstream media is amazing i think ATS should really think about your great idea and try and do some kind of technical wizadry stuff to implement it, i mean we all wanna know whats going on real time as it happens so to speak and i dont know of a truth site out there that really goes into this. if anyone does then let me know

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzledtruther

Yeh like a live podcast but video.

Great idea OP!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone who has a web cam and a net connection can broadcast a live "TV" feed from their own home on
Justin TV theres a delay of about 10 seconds due to bandwidth etc but it's as live as you can get over the web

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is a wonderful site, all you have to do is put in your zip code, and you can hear live feed of police, and fire department. I have this, to make sure that if I think something is off, I know what is happening in my area immediately.

www.radioreference.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

NRE, thanks for the link.. it's the one i use...i actually knew a coworker's cousin was killed by a hit and run before he did.. i didn't know it was his family, i was just talking about it.. when he let me know.. small world.. like i said.. not for everything.. but.. maybe just for the really big stuff.. ya know? for example.. a few weeks ago someone from alaska made a post about seeing lots of military in his small town in alaska.. i don't remember off hand who the op was, it turned out to be nothing... but.. what if it HAD been something?
i just think it would be fairly important for us to be able to get news from the inside... being as i feel none of us trust the MSM or we feel they are manipulated.
if someone starts a live feed that doesn't match criteria, mods can cut feed, and warn the poster, repeat offenders get blocked for a couple of days, say... 5 days for second offense, 10 days for 3rd, and on fourth you get banned? maybe? i dunno.. like i said.. just an idea.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

I think its a great idea, and the reason why I love the link, is because even if the electric was out, I keep a battery operated radio, so I can listen to emergencies.

Now about depending on strangers for the live feed is a bit sketchy, and Ill tell you why. Could you imagine all the people that will be counting down their predictions threads, or prophecies? It will be crazy, and there will be a lot of angry folks.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

well, that's the point of the warnings, blocking and banning... if people know they can be banned for abusing it, they'll think twice.. even if they don't, once a couple of people DO get banned.. then they will..

btw.. concerning VIDEO AND AUDIO RESPONSES from your other thread... i feel like and idiot.. i've been staring at it.. ATS does have member podcasts and broadcasts.. not sure if they work like what i think you're talking about. i just though about it... i'm a moron.. but apparently not too many people use them.. i always thought it was just for mods and owners... never realized members could post..
edit on 3-11-2010 by notsofast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Here is a wonderful site, all you have to do is put in your zip code, and you can hear live feed of police, and fire department. I have this, to make sure that if I think something is off, I know what is happening in my area immediately.

www.radioreference.com...

Peace, NRE.

I use that site too! Found it about 2 years ago.I'm listening to it right now.....

new topics

top topics

join