It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is still in office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I thought that I had to make this thread, seeing how big the other thread is, and how people may be confused.

Pelosi won last night. Now, her spot as Speaker of the House may change, BUT NO MATTER WHAT, she still will be in Congress...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Yes, she won last night, meaning that she will keep her seat in Congress.

Will she be the Speaker of the House? Nope.
Will she be the House Minority Leader? Maybe, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
BUT NO MATTER WHAT, she still will be in Congress...

DOLLARS TO DONUTS, she'll 'retire' in January.
Her ego can't take the demotion back to just representative.
She was fired from her job.
If she had done it well, the house would be democrat.
It's frightening that she was (is .. for the moment) 2 heart beats from the Oval Office.
Goodbye to the dingbat!

Save this thread .... and the prediction you made that 'NO MATTER WHAT she will be in Congress'.

What do you want to bet on it? Gotta' be something good for cyberland!

edit on 11/3/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wait...why do we care? sure, she has been the scapegoat for ages, but now she is simply a congresswoman from a district not of mine...

now time to turn Boehner into a curse word I guess.

You know what annoys me...they STILL dont listen.

every poll shows there was 1 thing on peoples mind...the economy...not health care, not immigration...and already they are discussing how it is all about these other issues like health care -insurance- reform, or side issues...seeming already to move away from the actual thing they were put in place for

problem is, the american people voted in a party that, beyond said "the economy is critical", never actually gave a plan or even theory as to how they would spin things around...so, I guess the people will get what they deserve.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree FlyersFan, her EGO is what did her in, and thats' what will put her out!

She was a disgrace to this country. I only hope she leaves before Jan.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Pelosi has been expected to retire if the GOP took back the house. She'll probably call it quits in Jan and devote her time to being a grandma to her grandkids and shuttling between her homes in the Bay Area and Napa Valley.

Good riddance, hopefully.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly they voted in these Republicans that have absolutely no plan, now what do I hear on the boards? They want a stalemate! A stalemate means that the economy doesn't get fixed! Why don't these people understand this?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Wait...why do we care?

Because she's a freak'n flake and she's just two heartbeats from the Oval Office.

Originally posted by whatukno
A stalemate means that the economy doesn't get fixed! Why don't these people understand this?

A stalemate means that Obama can't continue to make things worse. Why don't these people understand this?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I remember being excited back in 2006 when the Dems took both the Senate and the House. But just like the loser Republicans before them, the Democrats didn't do anything right. It was politics as usual.

Such is the juncture we are at now. Politics as usual. Nothing's going to change AT ALL. Never has, never will.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
She will no longer be able to force her crap down our throat.

I'm not sure what her re-election says for the people of her district.

Guess its the same with Clevelander's re-electing Dennis Kucinich again.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I got sick to my stomach this morning when I heard Boehner describing the agenda for the Republicans. He said that the Republicans made a Pledge to America and that they will follow it. Uhm do they realize the people do not give a dang about their pledge that was missing such important topics as stopping illegal wars, and stop funding the military-industrial complex? I guess they think their Pledge worked...no talk about the Tea-Party or angry voters. They owe it all to their Pledge.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

A stalemate means that Obama can't continue to make things worse. Why don't these people understand this?

Yet, nothing is going to get done...

The Republicans are looking at trying to disrupt everything the Democrats do, and it's going to be wasteful. If the Republicans had managed to control the Senate as well, things might be different.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Pshhh.. don't take away our conspiracy theory hopes.... If you merge a few threads together this sets off a chain of events!

Pelosi outted

Turns on the administration

Brings up the homosexuality scandal and knocks out Pres and VP

Proves that the Pres was blackmailed

Disqualified all policies of previous admin

Annunaki aliens come in and restore world wide sanity

Let us have our hopes..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
now time to turn Boehner into a curse word I guess.

Hmmm... I thought it already was...

I'm not a supporter of Pelosi, but I'm not sure what she's actually DONE. I'm not too clear on the reasons people hate her so. I hear people say that she's a "flake" and her ego is inflated and she's creepy looking, but ... has anyone looked at Boehner lately? All the same can be said for him. Now HE'S a heartbeat away from the presidency. So much better!

I'm making pasole (pronounced pa-SOL-ay) today and when my husband asked what's for dinner, I accidentally said Pelosi!
I've been reading too much about politics today! You say Pelosi, I say Pasole!

edit on 11/3/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Haha, yep. Folks are STILL cheering for which turd in the punch bowl is more aromatic.

They all contain the same fumes.

2 party crime family merry-go-round continues on, and the Elite's who control the system snicker with delight.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

yes pelosi still has her congressional seat no one will argue that but it's like this i think its just california telling her that they just dont want her living her in their state and they keep voting for her to stay there.

pelsoi was 3rd in line for the presidency which myself and many others people had problems with and i am glad she has lost that title that she worked just so hard for no wait that was another californian.

the thing is obama and the left got a taste of humble pie last night what they do with that we will see at any rate the obama and the lefts agenda has taken a drastic turn for better or worse is up for debate and time will tell.

pelosi was arrogant and in desperate need of a reality check and she got one.

*as to that other thread if people would have taken the time to read it there was that clarification in there*.

edit on 3-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OMG really? Are people so deep in their respective (D) or (R) holes that they can't even see the sun anymore?!

For the last 20 years the Dems have stonewalled and fought tooth and nail against the Rep's agenda. Why in the world would it be any different now that the Reps are in a position to fight the Dems?! It's counterproductive for sure, but the ugly truth is that it's the reality of American politics.

Besides which, I am of the firm position that a balanced legislative branch is better for the country. They get less done, so we all benefit. They aren't supposed to be cranking out new laws daily. They are supposed to be crafting very solid legislation slowly and thoughtfully.
Today both Dems and Reps often rely on lobbyists to write the actual legislation, or large parts of it, which is railroaded through committee and passed into law without opposition. It's lazy and foolish. At least with the house and senate divided, the laws go through many drafts and debates before they are passed, arguably making them more centrist and beneficial to the majority of Americans.

Let them butt heads for a couple years!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Once again California shames the nation by voting this wrinkle into our house fabric.
You people sure know how to choose them out west.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yep just like the right winger here with the never ending big mouth who posts the "Nancy is goneeeeeee" threads and other idiotic right winger nonsense BS, only think what they WANT to think and not what is right or reality.

Thats the usual right wing syndrome anyways incorrect info and propaganda.

Stay away from the tea...please move away from your tea!! That tea is currently causing LOTS of deluded people in America at the current time.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I hear people say that she's a "flake" and her ego is inflated and she's creepy looking, but ... has anyone looked at Boehner lately? All the same can be said for him.

That's what I said here. He gets my creepy meter running.
He's not a flake like Pelosi, but I'm sure he's got the typical politician ego as well.
(although Pelosi and that hammer stunt really took the cake!
)

Originally posted by jontap
Thats the usual right wing syndrome anyways incorrect info and propaganda.

That's not a 'right wing syndrome'.
The left has just as much incorrect info and propaganda flowing.
Guess ya' never heard of MSNBC or The New York Times (etc) and their minion followers?

edit on 11/4/2010 by FlyersFan because: fix link

top topics

join