It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worth repeating again...Sheria Law Qeustion In Oklahoma Ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think this will end up burried in a post I responded to but check out this ballot question that asks if Sheria Law should be taken into account in Oklahoma...what you really have to ask yourself is how many peopel signed on to have this even injected to even show up on a ballot question.

Ballot Question

I credit Jay Severin for mentioning this yesterday on my commute home and I would encourage many of you to check him out online at wttk 96.9 from 2-5

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

After watching the video it seems that the law proposed was meant to stop Sharia law from being considered in courts...
edit on 11/3/2010 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
One thing most people dont realise about Sharia law and that is it is against the Quran
heres a muslims take on Sharia Law taken from www.godsmosque.org...

2. DEAR ABE: I’m wondering if Muslims in the West want Sharia law? It would seem that some do. --PETE DEAR PETE: I cannot represent all Western Muslims, but I personally do not wish to live under “Sharia law”. Here’s why. The “Sharia law” that is practiced in the Middle East is un-Islamic. How so? Sharia law directly contradicts God’s Scripture in several ways. For starters, Islam shouldn’t be forced on others [1]; the Quran proclaims freedom as a gift of God while Sharia on the other hand restricts freedom [2]. Secondly, Sharia law relies on “religious scholar’s” opinions and interpretations rather than Quran [3]. In the third place, it is inconsistent and God’s path is not inconsistent [4]. Fourthly, God’s true religion is not brutal; murder and routine dismemberment are not Quranic [5]. For example the thief’s punishment in the Quran is not severing of the hand, and there isn’t a blanket instruction to kill non-Muslims [6].

edit on 3/11/2010 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

•Oklahoma voters approved a proposed amendment aimed at nullifying the segment of the new federal health care law requiring people to have health insurance. Similar measures were on the ballots in Arizona and Colorado.
•Also in Oklahoma, voters overwhelmingly passed three measures that had dismayed some progressive and immigrants-rights groups. One makes English the state's "common and unifying language," another requires a government-issued photo ID in order to vote, and the third prohibits state courts from considering international law or Islamic law when deciding cases.

God , I love this state . Nothin' like livin' on Tulsa time ...

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 3-11-2010 by okbmd because: ETA

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

So how many muslim people are on this board? almost none? Is this political masterbation? brainwashed loyal corperate serfs parroting to each other?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Even though I haven't lived in Oklahoma in 15 years I still consider my self an Oklahoman. The results someone posted a few posts above mine makes me even prouder to be a Sooner.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Preemptive measures. Nothing wrong with this.

English - Primary language in American Culture. It is important for people coming to america to learn English so that they can become part of our culture, not a subculture. Important for jobs and social interactions. I don't see anything wrong with codifying it.

Law - No problem with disallowing outside laws that were not put in place within the American system to be applied in an American state. Religious Law is the ultimate no-no. Nothing wrong with codifying it.

new topics

top topics

join