It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Historic Opportunity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
reply to post by intrepid

With all due respect, YOUR ARE DELUSIONAL!

*snip*

With all due respect, Pull your head out of A$$!

Thank you for that AMAZING commentary. It really helps.
Seriously dude, reread this thread. It's about breaking down barriers, not creating them.

I just reread this thread and basically the barriers were still standing strong with the partisan bickering, recriminations and predictable rhetoric that has for me come to symbolize the ATS attitudes in the political spectrum.

That seems to be the reality. However, I'm willing to change but I refuse to be docile and rolled over by those I disagree with if the current attitudes persist.

How do you purpose to change the ugly climate that has been here since I've been a member?
And actually since I've been politically active....quite some time.

edit on 3-11-2010 by whaaa because: kjirutng

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How do you purpose to change the ugly climate that has been here since I've been a member?

To start with realize that your answers are not always right, nor are they for different areas. There's a difference between issues that are important in NYC and Duluth. The key? LISTEN, don't pontificate.

Secondly, if you do disagree, don't be disagreeable. It doesn't take any energy to disagree without being a Richard. Being a Richard only makes the other person do the same. Sad but true. Take the high road. I don't think that's too much to ask of the membership. Washington? That's another story but I have hope.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

And actually since I've been politically active....quite some time.

Serenity Prayer, Bud. The only thing we can really control is ourselves. You can't change anyone else, but maybe if we refuse to play into the hands of those who ratchet up the rhetoric because they either don't know any better, or get some mysterious pleasure out of it, at least we can make a small difference. I tell my kids all the time, I don't expect you to fix it, but please don't make it worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

To start with realize that your answers are not always right, nor are they for different areas. There's a difference between issues that are important in NYC and Duluth. The key? LISTEN, don't pontificate.

Secondly, if you do disagree, don't be disagreeable. It doesn't take any energy to disagree without being a Richard. Being a Richard only makes the other person do the same. Sad but true. Take the high road. I don't think that's too much to ask of the membership.

I don't think it's to much to ask of the membership either. And If you can get your fellow MODs to agree, then we're getting somewhere. I have seen some members change into real Richards once they get a little taste of power when they get the MOD title.

I know....mods are people too
edit on 3-11-2010 by whaaa because: lfgur;

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't think it's to much to ask of the membership either. And If you can get your fellow MODs to agree, then we're getting somewhere.

Dude. We're like Congress. All ages, political, cultural and religious bents. We only agree on the T&C. The rest is out the window. Aside from the T&C you WON'T get us to fall in line. We're pretty nice about it though. That's not a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Dude. We're like Congress. All ages, political, cultural and religious bents. We only agree on the T&C. The rest is out the window. Aside from the T&C you WON'T get us to fall in line. We're pretty nice about it though. That's not a bad thing.

Dude, I can live with that. But that sounds kind of like the status quo. What happened to the "Historic Opportunity?"

Perhaps I should STFU, ey....
edit on 3-11-2010 by whaaa because: iejlsd

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Dude, I can live with that. But that sounds kind of like the status quo. What happened to the "Historic Opportunity?"

I'm still working on that with some of my fellow(American) staffers.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I was under the impression that most of the lawmakers didn't even read the bill, to say nothing of amending it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join