It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Of America 1776 - 2010 RIP!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The reason why I post this is the fact the party of "NO" has taken the House.

Say bye bye to financial reform. Say goodbye to Healthcare, Say bye bye to social programs, Say bye bye to any hope this nation has for getting off the ground if they have thier way.

The entire GOP hasn't proposed one darn thing to make this nation better since the 1970's and unfortuantely do not expect any different in the 112th US Congress.

The market will drop 5,000 points, If they are sucessful in killing the Heathcare bill expect more people to get dropped when they get sick, More multi trillion dollar bailout packages, more sending jobs overseas, Bye bye to the 14th Amendment, pray you or your kids never get sick as well as do not develop a new illness.

Obama has been trying to reach across the aisle ever since he took office and the Party of "NO!" has always said "NO!" on everything proposed.

Now that the GOP has taken the House they have no reason and no excuse to hinder this nations progress anymore.
edit on 3-11-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Bye bye financial reform. Goodbye Healthcare. Bye bye social programs, Bye bye hope and change.

And good riddance to them all.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You so lost i don't think u can be saved. You really think either party has the answers and are going to make this country better? In case you haven't noticed we are circling the drain and its speeding up. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass but do you really think any one up in Washington cares about us?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
can we skip the eulogy and go straight to the resurection? i dont like funerals, everyones all sad...

good riddance

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

The market will drop 5,000 points

Bye bye to the 14th Amendment

Works for me.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I couldnt care less about politicians, they are all as bad as each other.

I do care that proposition 19 failed in California. How the hell did that happen?

Anyone who voted against that is either really old or really dumb. It could have turned the economy of this country around, not to mention the years of tyranny and oppression over a plant with numerous beneficial medicinal uses. Alcohol and coffee are more dangerous to us than weed. But no, the big all-knowing government knows best dont they? bloody sheeple.

Keep your filthy laws off our bodies.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Do you guys smell that? Ahh yes, it's the sweet smell of the "party of no" taking back the house.

That is:

-NO to spending us into oblivion
-NO to the insane regulations imposed by the healthcare bill
-NO to the bailouts that help only Wall Street, and not the people
-NO to the systematic destruction of America

Yep, my guess is that you are correct, OP. You're going to be hearing a lot more "no's".
edit on 11/3/2010 by BobbinHood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
My favorite quote: "Left wing, right wing, same bird". The outcome will remain the same regardless of which party is in power. It's all just a show for us. Instead of Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia, we have Republicans and Democrats. The Libertarians are for those who are disgusted with both parties and it offers them a "safe" place to vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Really? are you that certain that a balance in congress is going to suddenly unmake the nation? The fact is that legally speaking up until this point the Democrats had a strangle hold on laws and could almost bypass a filibuster making them essentially unstoppable with a Democrat sitting in the white house. Honestly I prefer congress divided like this as it means both sides get a say in things rather than the larger group just rolling over the smaller group, but hey what do I know right?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbinHood
Do you guys smell that? Ahh yes, it's the sweet smell of the "party of no" taking back the house.

That is:

-NO to spending us into oblivion - The entire GOP put a whopping $13.5 Trillion on the card no one else!
-NO to the insane regulations imposed by the healthcare bill - Mandated by the people!
-NO to the bailouts that help only Wall Street, and not the people - Under the GOP's watch is when these occured.
-NO to the systematic destruction of America - The GOP's plan of sending more jobs overseas caused this more then any single event in history.

Yep, my guess is that you are correct, OP. You're going to be hearing a lot more "no's".

Remember whose watch it was that approved the blind bailouts for the banks? Expect more and when we dare to ask what's good we are going to be told we don't have the authourity to know.
The bailout for the auto industry was needed especially Chrysler's bailout package as it was it's Jeep Willys that protected, preserved and ensured the survival of democracy during WWII. They call that a Quid Pro Quo, something else the entire GOP has never heard of.

The entire GOP during the era of 43 wasn't allowed to say a thing hypercritical of the administration in charge.

You know this clean energy future we are currently undergoing? This will not stop just because of a change in leadership as both parties were told this is the future and were both ordered to not stop it. Electric cars, electric vehicle charging stations, petrochem free transportation is the way forward. No lobby group on Earth can stop this.

To those who want financial reform killed might as well conceede everything about themselves to TPTB. Because the actions speak louder then words that the entire GOP is a wing of TPTB.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

Just asking because of ignorance. Are the GOP against bailouts for the banksters?

If so thank goodness someone is. They need to be hounded out of existence (the banksters). Please send the GOP over here!

All loans 10% fixed
All investments 5% fixed
No selling of loans.

If they can't live on that God help them.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Depends on which GOP members. The truth is that the entire government has been bought out by the banksters anyway... but the GOP is at least slower about it, rather than the full speed ahead mentality of the democrats. I hope so anyway

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You seem to forget, as many others do, that even though GWB was in office, the Dems ended up with control over congress years before he left office. Amazingly it was around that time that things started really starting to stink. Can't wait to watch everything unfold.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Interesting you bring up 1776 and mention social programs and other entitlements in the same breath.

Healthcare, social programs, and all the other entitlements are completely unconstitutional.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That is:

-NO to spending us into oblivion
-NO to the insane regulations imposed by the healthcare bill
-NO to the bailouts that help only Wall Street, and not the people
-NO to the systematic destruction of America

You do realize that the bolded above were happening all the while "conservatives" had power/control of our government right?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

Yep, but not nearly as fast as it is going now. Who knows, maybe they will prove me wrong and it will be the Bush administration all over again. I'm just hoping the GOP has learned their lesson. Even if they haven't, having a balance in congress will slow everyone down. That's definitely a good thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

Except that the Party of "No" spent us into oblivion with 8 years of Bush.

I really don't understand the attitude on here, the elation over Republicans taking back the House.

It's funny to watch the Redstate cheerleaders scream with joy but they will be the first to the guillotine when the country goes even further into the #ter (which it almost certainly will, even with Obama still at the helm).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
all i have to say on this is"ZIG BUSH" look back at all the Reagan, Bush Sr. and Jr and tell me it is not going to be "ZIG BUSH" NWO, one world gov, and the rebirth of the PATRIOT ACT, for it is a sad day for the USA, sat good by to FREEDOM and say hello too control!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Procession101

Yep, but not nearly as fast as it is going now. Who knows, maybe they will prove me wrong and it will be the Bush administration all over again. I'm just hoping the GOP has learned their lesson. Even if they haven't, having a balance in congress will slow everyone down. That's definitely a good thing.

Totally with you on that. Hopefully the balance of our government will get us back on the right track lord knows we need it more then ever atm.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Divide and conquer. Divide and conquer. Divide and conquer.
Left/Right, there is no difference. Puppets of those above them.
The thing that matters is that we are not one.
The thing that matters is that we are engaged, fascinated with and sucked into The Game of politics.
Back away from the charade. Stop feeding IT your energy. And your vision will clear and you will see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join