It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think anarchism is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What do you think anarchism is? What is your view of what anarchy should be? Has there been a modern nation that lived by anarchy?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Watch a documentary called vise guide to Liberia. It will show you the side of anarchy people like to avoid talking about =p You know when tribe a wants something from tribe b .

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I believe it's anything the government deems as a threat to the United States or what I percieve to be a threat to the government only....Hillary Cliniton would categorize it as being a patriot

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration"

I think the traditional opinion of an anarchist would include violence however I do not see it that way...if you are not happy with both sides of the isle does that make you an anarchist because I guess one could say there is no side to turn to..unless the Tea Party starts to get recognized not as independed but actually as a class on the ballet..

And here is a follow up for a real doozy of a ballot question

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK Sheria Law On Ballot Question
edit on 3-11-2010 by chrismarco because: Quote inserted

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Spitting all over the place, wearing kilts with my liberty spiked hair, spikes on my boots, talking british, listening to the dead kennedys and the circle jerks, oh ya and "slam dancing" not moshing because moshing is for posers ya!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
to me, anarchy stands for truth. being free and knowing what is right and wrong is the only way to live in peace with nature. unfortunately the majority of humans are stupid.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

"What do you think anarchism is?"

A lack of violent looting.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Watch a documentary called vise guide to Liberia. It will show you the side of anarchy people like to avoid talking about =p You know when tribe a wants something from tribe b .

I know what anarchy is. What do you think anarchy is? Liberia has/had a government. So its not anarchy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
I believe it's anything the government deems as a threat to the United States or what I percieve to be a threat to the government only....Hillary Cliniton would categorize it as being a patriot

"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration"

I think the traditional opinion of an anarchist would include violence however I do not see it that way...if you are not happy with both sides of the isle does that make you an anarchist because I guess one could say there is no side to turn to..unless the Tea Party starts to get recognized not as independed but actually as a class on the ballet..

And here is a follow up for a real doozy of a ballot question

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK Sheria Law On Ballot Question
edit on 3-11-2010 by chrismarco because: Quote inserted

Sheria law =! anarchy (non authoritarian)
Sheria law == religious fascism

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

"What do you think anarchism is?"

A lack of violent looting.

Funny. Seems like no one knows whats anarchy is. Does that bother you?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Anarchy is the lack of government and one can do as they wish as long as it doesn't infringe on another. The problem with anarchy is that it puts the onus on the individual and humans have a lack of empathy. Self interest kills anarchy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

edit on 3-11-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Anarchy is the position to challenge any form of power that wishes to dominate. Whether it is government or any social hierarchy, it is up to the ruling to justify itself. Government comes with a burden of proof, it is not self justified. It actions must ensure legitimacy to prove itself to those who it effects. If not, we have a right to challenge and remove it.

Every action, taken by a government, must not be excess or without our consent. The State is not the source of all knowledge and reason, never should an individual suggest a system of government is self justified. People are what justify government, by representation and holding actions to account.

Democracy, true democratic society, is what all anarchists will strive for.

Catalonia, during the Spanish Civil War, operated on true anarchist communities.
edit on 3-11-2010 by infinite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join