It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the dead?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well 1 poster brought up a process that the Annunaki would use global drama to guide the masses into mass destruction. And after the dead were piled up they would release a nano bot that would eat all the dead matter and convert it into some type of energy signal that would be then beamed up to there ships for their energy use. cool ats member.
edit on 11/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Composting.

After the body has broken down sufficiently plant a tree in that person's memory.

Trees are much prettier than tombstones.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
We aren't running out of room to bury the dead.

Think about it. For millions of years people have died and there is still room to bury the dead. The same thing will happen to us as it did to the billions before us. We will be buried in a cemetary, that cemetary will eventually be built upon and new cemetaries will be built and the cycle will forever go on.

I will bet 1 million dollars that everyone on ATS is living in a house that has atleast 1 dead person buried underneath it and atleast 2 or 3 has a back yard that used to be a cemetary.

I will be buried and I hope that in the future a huge music pavilion will be built on top of me. That way my body will enjoy rock music (hopefully) for all of eternity, or until the worms get to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
aww...

thats a wonderful idea

- get turned into a gem and placed in jewlery

to bad ..in germany we forced to burn them in crematory or burie them..for loads of money

Forced internment of the dead in crematoriums? In Germany?

What does one say in response to that?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This isssue of lack of space is coming to roost on the island I live on. There are many cemetaries, and more being built, but this being primarily a rocky island, it takes quite a bit of resources. All of the coffins here are interred in a concrete bunker to prevent hurricanes from washing the dead out of their graves (as apparently happened in 1932).

Myself and m'Bride, we both want what is the least cost for whomever survives us. If any of our organs are still useful for others, we'd like to be harvested. After that, cremation seems like the best bet. I have to agree with others here that a Viking funeral sounds good, except that (1) It's a waste of a perfectly good boat and (2) Few boats are bare wood these days......... I have smelled the horrible and toxic stink of both fiberglass burning and even oil/marine paints..... ewg.

I hate that my body would have to be shipped to the U.S., cremated, and the ashes sent back here. The two of us both love that we can still legally burn dried and cut brush piles. If I had my way, my body would be harvested, and then tossed onto a ceremonial burn pile and torched while my remaining friends and family danced around the bonfire, tossing on dried brush and drinking rum. An Island wake. Pretty to think about.

My mother wants to be buried. She has always said that she is afraid God won't be able to find her if she is cremated; That seems to be a cultural view prevalent in this area. My father wants to be cremated and his ashes taken to Lizardhead Pass in the Circle of Fire. That will be quite a hike, but his wishes are worth it.

Selah.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Personally I would like any of my organs that are still usable to be given to someone that needs them and any parts that are left over used for fuel or fertilizer or for anything else that may be useful.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My hubby changes his mind often about what he wants. His most preferred would be being stuffed, propped in his lazyboy with a good view of the tv, and have the tv on 24/7. If that's not possible, he'd like to be plasticized ( in front of the tv, of course.) As a last resort cremation would be ok, but he wants a small glass window in his urn facing the television.

He's weird, I know.

edit on 3-11-2010 by virraszto because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Islam requires burial , as far as I can find

That is correct, Islam forbids cremation or burning of bodies.

I was just thinking about this topic the other day. So many cemeteries and grave plots taking up space. When most normal, average people die, they are only remembered 3 generations later at most (great grandchildren). Who gets excited, talks about, visits the grave of, or remembers family going further back? Not many, unless that individual did something extraordinary.

So because of this, I am more for cremation. If burial, I'm fully against embalming or indestructible coffins. Let the bodies decompose naturally... wrapped in burial cloth or an untreated wooden coffin. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Cremation creates greenhouse gases. All those other fancy methods use lots of energy.

Bury me, I say, and let other life be born out of my dead body. Or toss me overboard above some continental shelf, wrapped in iron chains to weigh me down and feed the plankton. Keep my carbon footprint low; use a sailing vessel to get me there.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

we humans eat a lot of chemical crap. Wonder if we'd be toxic to the lower life forms and by having them munch on us we'd be killing them.

Not to worry. What's 'chemical crap' to one species is dessert to another.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
We aren't running out of room to bury the dead.
Think about it. For millions of years people have died and there is still room to bury the dead. .

But in the past, humans didn't put a good portion of the dead into cement vaults with individual tombstones on top. Cremation and burials in unmarked graves, burial at sea, etc ... but not a lot of cement vaults and certainly not with 6 billion people on the planet.

I'm thinking times are different now.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I will bet 1 million dollars that everyone on ATS is living in a house that has atleast 1 dead person buried underneath it and atleast 2 or 3 has a back yard that used to be a cemetary.

Now, how to collect that million . . .

Where I live was untouched Aussie bush before my house was built here. And for some reason the builders decided to build right on top of a creek, running the creek through a concrete pipe right under the house.

So there's no way native Australians would have buried their dead here either.

Oh, it's also built too close to the ground to be able to get under and bury murder victims underneath . . . not that I've actually tried.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Where I live was untouched Aussie bush before my house was built here. And for some reason the builders decided to build right on top of a creek, running the creek through a concrete pipe right under the house.

I suspect that Becoming's point is that, put into the context of time (man and "manish" predecessors have been around for a long time,) it is likely that someone died and was "buried" (eaten most likely, apart from the crunchy bits,) where you currently live. Living on a waterway may make that more likely -- someone falls in the creek upstream, drowns and is swept downstream until they get snagged on a tree or something.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I suspect that Becoming's point is that, put into the context of time (man and "manish" predecessors have been around for a long time,) it is likely that someone died and was "buried" (eaten most likely, apart from the crunchy bits,) where you currently live. Living on a waterway may make that more likely -- someone falls in the creek upstream, drowns and is swept downstream until they get snagged on a tree or something.

Yes, that's always possible.
Or long ago an amorous couple enjoyed being in the water so much they forgot to come up for air ...
Gives you a nasty shock when that happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Oh, it's also built too close to the ground to be able to get under and bury murder victims underneath . . . not that I've actually tried.

I imagine that creek and bush hasn't been there since the beginning of time. Check to see if it was there 10,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They have actually as a way of cutting some costs talked about using the energy from cremations to heat some of our houses here in Denmark - I say go for it!

I'm an organ donor, so whatever is left after they're taken what they want to help other people they can cremate or bury or just do whatever they want.

Perhaps they could turn my bones into piano keys

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of you have seen the movie Soylent Green!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As Becoming said, there were millions of our species, who died before us.

Since the beginning of Man there are increasingly more dead than living.

Why would we see it as a problem now, while millions of years before
nobody cared for place for the dead ?

Assuming a dead body would need one m2 (2 x 0,5m) of surface for
his burial, Earth´s land surface of 148,920,000,000,000 m2 would
provide 24,820 times the surface for the total world population of 6 billion.

The estimated number of dead in 3 million years on the basis of 1 billion
average world population reproducing at age 20 could have been 150 trillion,
which is 25,000 times the present population.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Old thread but I'm going to add to it.

I had a discussion with some relatives this past week. Seems most everyone likes cremation. They are coming up with some inventive things to do with their ashes ... sprinkling them in the mountains, in the ocean, and even at Disney. I know Disney doesn't allow it but I've read online about people bringing relatives ashes into the park in their pockets and emptying the ashes on the rides .... the Haunted Mansion being a favorite spot. I don't know if people really do that ... but they claim to.

I want cremation but I also think I'd like to be put in a place in a cemetery for those cremated. Either that, or if I die first, bury my ashes with my husband. He doesn't want to be cremated.

I tried to talk him into mushing our ashes together and being buried, in ash form, together. But he just gives me 'the look'.
We'll see what happens ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join